Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Kiwi

All Things Beta

74 posts in this topic

We would love to allow everyone to just join Open Beta right away but sadly that can't happen as we have no idea how much the server can handle which is why we have to add people slowly and carefully to monitor and test it which I have mentioned several times. This project isn't like every other projects like said above already. We have over 9000 members now and we can't possibly handle all of them in Open Beta it has been known for a long time (several months) on how we will deal with Open Beta and how we will make it as fair as possible. If this upsets or offends anyone I do apologise. But this is the only real way we can do this without upsetting the whole community with a 9000 + user Open Beta it would be absolute chaos and many people would just report the same bug 100 or more times. Again if this upsets or offends anyone I again apologise but this is what the project admins chose to do and I understand why and stand by this choice. We will all get to play this game regardless of when that is. We also have to be careful as well with who we trust with access as it could risk the whole project being closed down. I hope this makes sense and at least gives a you a bit of insight into why the project is doing it the way it is.

@Kiwi and @MrXLink, the problem where "some cards appear multiple times of their offering rates in boosters", I believe the same happened in hearthstone in the last patch with the multicolor cards, so I believe I know the reason of this "bug".

If I'm right about it, this should be happening with the multicolor cards, and the reason behind it is that they're added to all their colors' filters. In the actual game I remember, when we turned off the fire, but turned on the shadow, the bandit cards appeared, but not the other way around, so in the BF it was probably done by only leaving 1 filter for all the cards. Well, this is a half-solution, since it eads to an other problem, but this should be a solution for it. <- and if this is right, a few of the neutral cards are those, that doesn't appear in boosters, so you need to add them filters according to the orbs as well.

Also, the other way probably would be to manually change the ratios on each multicolor cards to half of the actual offering ratio (since if I'm right they're offered twice as much as they should be).

21 hours ago, tbpeti said:

@Kiwi and @MrXLink, the problem where "some cards appear multiple times of their offering rates in boosters", I believe the same happened in hearthstone in the last patch with the multicolor cards, so I believe I know the reason of this "bug".

If I'm right about it, this should be happening with the multicolor cards, and the reason behind it is that they're added to all their colors' filters. In the actual game I remember, when we turned off the fire, but turned on the shadow, the bandit cards appeared, but not the other way around, so in the BF it was probably done by only leaving 1 filter for all the cards. Well, this is a half-solution, since it eads to an other problem, but this should be a solution for it. <- and if this is right, a few of the neutral cards are those, that doesn't appear in boosters, so you need to add them filters according to the orbs as well.

Also, the other way probably would be to manually change the ratios on each multicolor cards to half of the actual offering ratio (since if I'm right they're offered twice as much as they should be).

@Lord NullPointer @fiki574 @Inwutsch

21 hours ago, tbpeti said:

No need to overcomplicate it...We simply dont check for doubles... We determine which cards you get. Game only shows them.

We just randomly select cards, We dont check on color or anything.

@Kiwi first of all, thank you for this thread, it is really helpful for people new to this community.

I would have one suggestion though: Since you try to update the list of Bugs, could you maybe add a "Last updated: xx.xx.20xx" signature to the bottom of the post?

That would really be great because then we can roughly track what happened and when the last changes were.

Thanks again for the thread!

1 hour ago, Mormegil said:

@Kiwi first of all, thank you for this thread, it is really helpful for people new to this community.

I would have one suggestion though: Since you try to update the list of Bugs, could you maybe add a "Last updated: xx.xx.20xx" signature to the bottom of the post?

That would really be great because then we can roughly track what happened and when the last changes were.

Thanks again for the thread!

Sure thing next time I update it I shall put the date at the bottom!

i always hear about server crashing, what are the specs of your server or servers?

what are the required specs to run the game perfectly for the community?

what is the internet speed you need to run the game server perfectly (upload and download) ?

i work in IT, and i have a big experience in the field, so maybe i can give you some pointers to improve the performance, and you might benchmark the server/s to find out what you need for it, and i might be able to help you on this.

6 minutes ago, ramirov said:

i always hear about server crashing, what are the specs of your server or servers?

what is the internet speed you need to run the game server perfectly (upload and download) ?

i work in IT, and i have a big experience in the field, so maybe i can give you some pointers to improve the performance, and you might benchmark the server/s to find out what you need for it, and i might be able to help you on this.

The Servers specs are most likely not the problem, but rather the not optimized Server(programm). If the specs were the problem, they´d most likely upgrade the Server.

But oh well, what do I know, I´m not part of the Team ^^

Edited by Shotty

Just now, Shotty said:

The Servers specs are most likely not the problem, but rather the not optimized Server(programm). If the specs were the problem, they´d most likely upgrade the Server.

so what is the program they are running? there is always a solution, so we can move to open beta as soon as possible.

and what is the data use of each player on that server (how much data consumption  per hour per user ) ?

1 minute ago, ramirov said:

so what is the program they are running? there is always a solution, so we can move to open beta as soon as possible.

and what is the data use of each player on that server (how much data consumption  per hour per user ) ?

The programm they are running is their self coded BF server.

and well, the last question would probably be better of awnsered by one of the devs, as I simply do not have access to anything like that. @Lord NullPointer @fiki574

4 hours ago, ramirov said:

The server spec and internet speed are not the problem, it is all down to unfinished coding.

Posted (edited)

this may be a bit early but will the endserver has some sort of maintaince or cleaning? if yes then pls look that this doesnt happen thru primetime. i played games allredy where the servers where down from 1 pm to 6 pm or longer and that did suck for many players. because it happens during primetime. in games where it happens during the morning, in those where not such a huge uproar from the comunity.

Edited by Asraiel

Posted (edited)

I wouldnt consider 1pm to 6pm primtime, it is a time with less to midactivity (depends on the amount of students and peopple without work).

First we had to found out the timezone about which we are talking. I would take the germany timezone +- 1/2h, because most players are from germany or from countries around and even some from countries of the same timezone.

Also I would see 6pm - 10pm as primetime, when most people arent working anymore. In this time you wouldnt only get students and people without work, but also the part of the people who does work or those students that have courses in the noon and almost anybody, because most have freetime.

But you also have to see that the devs are working too and maybe just have only enough free time to do maintenance in this primetime.

Edited by Phoenix313

maintenance may be but server cleaning doesnt need to be done by devs and there will problably no update or so many patches after lunch that would need something from devs. but as said in 1 of mrxlinks posts that the server will be located somewhere in eu. my guess is Netherlands since the initators of this projekt comes from there (if not mistaken). 

in general @Phoenix313 the primetime starts at 4pm and goes until 10pm and jes thats because of many students playing but not everyone works 100% in normal shift. so if you work in the industy you might work in the morning, in the eavning or in the night. and i dont know how long (in hours) a working week is in every country in swizzerland is a 100% working week around 40-45 hours long 8-9 h a day.

if not mistaken frence is around 35-40 h

we have to let this primetime wide open because normaly peoples does eat dinner as well and thats somewhere between 5pm and 8pm so you can normaly say the primetime is between 4pm and 10pm and id would be sad if the maintenance goes into this time (best if it ends latest at 3 pm) 

but thats decision is more in the hand ov the server owner and not those who rent it.

UPDATE: I have done a huge work through of the thread making sure all fixes are up to date, that bugs not on the list are now added as well as sorting through the 7 pages of bug reports are all sorted. As well as this I have changed the [NEW] to [NEW BUG] and added [RESOLVED] to bugs that have been recently resolved, to make things more easy to understand. Hope this gives you guys some more :hype: as well as proof that things are still been worked on. Enjoy!

The closed beta lasts way to long, for most of my friends, the game died.. same goes for me soon. You can't even get an Access only if you're lucky.. thats garbage.. I wait for above 4-5 Years, and nothing happend but spoilers and Streams of the game who made the game experience of mine even worse. #dead

2 hours ago, Absoult said:

The closed beta lasts way to long, for most of my friends, the game died.. same goes for me soon. You can't even get an Access only if you're lucky.. thats garbage.. I wait for above 4-5 Years, and nothing happend but spoilers and Streams of the game who made the game experience of mine even worse. #dead

-> Do you think game would still be in closed beta if every problems were resolved? 

-> You could've been able to get your access through community activity

-> You wait for above 4-5 years? Yeah ... because Battleforge was still available at that time and the project to revive it is just about 2 years old

#GetYourFactsStraight

2 hours ago, Absoult said:

Sorry to hear you're upset and spreading "dead" messages. However, we'd like to tell you that the game's far from dead. There's background issues going on to do with the whole Ardent Peak situation, that we can't rush dealing with. In addition, this thread is dedicated to bugs that are still present, and the server architecture is not all that optimal at the moment, suspending Open Beta for a bit longer. You are more than welcome to not watch our streams if it makes your experience worse, but the project is very much alive and we as always strive to bring Open Beta and the game itself to the community as soon as we can. As with all game projects though, issues arise and problems get in the way of development sometimes, and we hope you are able to excuse us for this natural course of things. Apologies for the wait, and in the meantime I hope you can find it in you to stay hyped for the eventual release of this project, as it will be there.

PS: This project and its hype haven't even existed for 2 full years yet, so I wonder where you're getting these numbers from. Regardless I hope you can see that we're working on this as best as we can.

20 hours ago, MrXLink said:

Sorry to hear you're upset and spreading "dead" messages. However, we'd like to tell you that the game's far from dead. There's background issues going on to do with the whole Ardent Peak situation, that we can't rush dealing with. In addition, this thread is dedicated to bugs that are still present, and the server architecture is not all that optimal at the moment, suspending Open Beta for a bit longer. You are more than welcome to not watch our streams if it makes your experience worse, but the project is very much alive and we as always strive to bring Open Beta and the game itself to the community as soon as we can. As with all game projects though, issues arise and problems get in the way of development sometimes, and we hope you are able to excuse us for this natural course of things. Apologies for the wait, and in the meantime I hope you can find it in you to stay hyped for the eventual release of this project, as it will be there.

PS: This project and its hype haven't even existed for 2 full years yet, so I wonder where you're getting these numbers from. Regardless I hope you can see that we're working on this as best as we can.

Meh.. I just lose hope uknow? I really love the game, and love the team also the Community, I fell in love into the PvE of Battleforge.. playing 8player maps with my best friend together and stuff like that, I love the Lost souls Battleship.. The Game is just freaking amazing .. its a pain in the ass waiting so long.. I wish you guys good luck on developing it, and I hope I won't miss the Beta <3 Gl Guys ! 

Love you all C: