Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Kiwi

All Things Beta

74 posts in this topic

Hello fellow skylord and skyladies!

I have made this thread to inform you guys about the current bugs/issues happening in the closed Beta. Currently there is 50 players in the Beta this includes the 12 staff members and the 20 alpha testers. Please note some of these bugs and or issues may have been seen on streams on the Official BattleForge Reborn Twitch.

NOTES: All new recent bug's have [NEW BUG] before them.

All bug's that have been recently resolved have [RESOLVED] before them.

FAQ

How do I enter Beta?

Sadly at this current moment in time you can't enter Beta as it is currently in closed beta stage. This means that only the staff and Alpha testers currently have access. However an Open Beta will be released eventually, in which people can sign up to beta test the server, and enter in waves to stress-test the project. You can gain access to Closed Beta if you're lucky enough to win a giveaway done by the project admins. (The current date for Open Beta is unknown)

Give me Beta

Asking for Beta will not get you into Beta and will annoy staff so please don't do it. Thanks.

When is Open Beta?

There is currently no release date for Open Beta at this stage. This is due to an unstable server and far too many bug and issues which I will mention below. When Open Beta arrives you will be able to sign up to help test. (however signing up doesn't necessarily mean you will get picked)

Current Bugs

Server bugs

• Server doesn't desync when certain values in files are changed.

Joining bugs

• Error messages after entering forge.
  • Error insert game disk appears when entering replay section.

Social bugs

• Whispering certain players doesn't work. (Says they're offline but they aren't).
  • Double messages in chats.
  • No announcement when a friend comes online.
  • Can't kick AFK players from your group.
  • /unmute command doesn't work.
  • [NEW BUG] Requests do not get auto-declined if a player logs out.

Card Bugs

• Some cards in boosters seem impossible to obtain and certain cards appear way too much according to their ratio.
  • Fire cards are missing their ranged attack symbols.
  • Upgraded cards are destroyed after you downgrade them.

Map Bugs

• Game crashes for all players in an observer map.
  • Gold chests when opened during a game don't give out a message.
  • Speedrun disconnects at the end of game.
  • Unlocked maps don't refresh unless you relog.

Mail Bugs

• Currently none found.

Trade Bugs

• Disconnect when adding a card to trade and closing trade at same time.
  • Able to trade with two people at once. (But all cards go to the 2nd person you traded with)
  • Charges in your current deck disappear when you put a card into a trading slot.
  • Possible to get locked out of direct trade.

Auction House Bugs

• Bids are not added to watch list.
  • Remove from watchlish doesn't work.

Lobby Bugs

• Sometimes profile photos are not show and they're just white silhouettes with ?'s in them.
  • Players disconnect when choosing a position in PvP.
  • Groups still persist even after player leaves the lobby.
  • PvP games don't close correctly.
  • You disconnect when you make a new game while being a leader of a group with others.
  • Log-ins from another location while being ingame with another player causes the relogged player to bug out.
  • Unable to enter forge after leaving a group while hosting a lobby.
  • Difficulty selectors don't automatically refresh after all players leave the match.
  • Host can leave a lobby and it causes problems.

Deck Bugs

• The main photo for the deck changes from a card you have selected as it to the first card in your deck.
  • Hints show up after you used build deck.

Rank Bugs

• PvE rankings deck sometimes empty.
  • Speedrun rankings and time are not the same.

Reward / Upgrade Bugs

• Promo cards drop as rewards.
  • Experience received from expert maps is too low.
  • Upgrades in post-game screen (the screen that comes up with Upgrades, Statistics and Gold after winning a match) show only after the player refreshes the game.
  • No upgrades or experience are displayed/received if a player "crashes" (bug seems to think a player crashes/disconnects from the game when they win).
  • rPvE defeat rewards tokens.
  • Upgrades rewarded are sometimes already owned.
  • You can charge cards without upgrading them correctly.
  • If a player doesn't have enough tokens to buy upgrades then their game crashes.

Current Issues

Freezing Issues

• The Desync issue is now resolved however the game now freezes randomly.
  • Players receive and error and freeze after tutorial.
  • rPvE difficulty desync issues.

Map Issues

• Sometimes when you lose a game there is no indication the game is lost and you have to force quit/leave it.
  • Players are not able to actually win any of the 12 player maps.
  • Players are able to join PvP maps that are currently running.
  • Gold chests in maps currently don't function and used to crash the game. (Not known if they still do)
  • Ingame crashes. (Group gets disbanded and then the game crashes)
  • Game semi freezes. (You can still use chat channels)
  • PvP games don't close down.
  • Error occurs and game freezes when you complete Tutorial.
  • Loading custom maps doesn't work.

Resolved Bugs/Issues

• /roll command now works.
  • Internal bug that prevented a match from closing is now fixed.
  • Sometimes when winning or losing a PvE game it now no longer locks you out. (Create game is greyed out)
  • Ignore now works. (Can add someone to ignore list)
  • Players no longer disconnect when looking at map of the month rankings.
  • Players can no longer change slots while still being 'Ready'.
  • Mails containing BFP should be collectable and delete-able.
  • Map of the month shouldn't be causing disconnections.
  • Scratch card invalid serial shouldn't cause crashes.
  • Fixed some problems regarding updates about channel list at the up right corner of screen.
  • Fixed some problems with different chats and made a proper implementation.
  • Fixed team chats.
  • Fixed leaving games not working.
  • Fixed deselecting slot in lobby.
  • Fixed disconnection when an unteamed player leaves lobby.
  • Fixed a problem where "IsOnline" value was always 1, even though player is offline.
  • Fixed a problem causing players to disconnect when selecting a character.
  • Desync in PvE is now fixed.
  • Requesting to show your deck to another player no longer kicks you from the server.
  • Requesting to see someones deck no longer kicks you from the server.
  • Removing a card from watch list now works.
  • Friends list and search player now shows map names and location.
  • Removing someone from your ignore list requires no longer requires a relog to remove them from the actual list.
  • When opening mails containing cards an error appears. (After accounts where reset on 4th October 2016)
  • Players can no longer add a card multiple times to the watchlist.
  • Certain cards are no longer bugged in direct trade and mail.
  • Players are no longer able to whisper other players that are offline.
  • Mail now appears in indox in the correct order.
  • Trade invitations are now received and also reset.
  • Mail from GM no longer has a players username under it. (After accounts where reset on 4th October 2016)
  • Players no longer disconnect when they buyout a card.
  • Buyout no longer sends a different card than what you actually bought out.
  • Adding last card to AH no longer duplicates it.
  • Players no longer disconnect when they cancel an auction.
  • Auction sale buyout mail now states what card was sold, system mail spelling mistake also altered.
  • It is no longer possible to bid on the same card over and over again.
  • Players can now deselect their position in PvE and PvP.
  • Desync in PvP is now fixed.
  • Upgrading/charging cards while having a deck open no longer causes a player to disconnect.
  • Editing decks no longer causes a player to disconnect.
  • Players are now able to enter BattleForge. (black screen no longer appears)
  • If a player removes the last card they own for example a Master Archer (by dropping it in a mail), the card no longer gets removed from the tutorial deck.
  • Decks now update in lobby.
  • Removed non-functional 12 player code.
  • Game is now closed at the end of the match instead of previous after leaving.
  • Game closure is now being sent only to group members instead of previous sending to everyone
  • Overall minor netcode improvements and checks
  • Added a command to reset all characters' decks, cards, gold, points.
  • Added map of the month system and records are visible from the ranking pages.
  • Added the system to send rewards each month (ranking) and reset records of the previous month automatically (but keep records of 3 months -> current month, one month ago and two months ago).
  • Added all loot lists from the cardbase for each map and difficulty.
  • Ranking PvE system with experience formula is done (can be improved later by taking in consideration stats sent at the end of a game).
  • Speedrun PvE record is working and visible from the ranking pages with decks used.
  • Matchmaking and PvP ranked system are done, but there is a client crash after the countdown for the leader and nothing for other players.
  • Fixed the gold chest bug (players received gold several times from one chest).
  • Fixed the problem with receiving rewards and experience, even though you lost.
  • Fixed a bug which showed a wrong difficulty in rPvE speedrun.
  • Fixed an error regarding switching position for PvE ranking.
  • PvE statistics are incorrect (shows amount of games played is more than what it should be).
  • Bug with setting a card as your profile picture if player has checked ready to play a game.
  • Full mailbox no longer results in a disconnection.
  • Group not disbanded when you're alone.
  • Direct trade now locks out the other player.
  • Server shutdown timer doesn't work.
  • Buying non existent auction now gives an error.
  • Next campaign map no longer gets unlocked when you lose the map before.
  • Players can no longer send trade requests to players who're currently trading.
  • Cancelling and buying out an auction no longer causes a duplicate.
  • Auction House is now able to differentiate between buyout and highest bid.
  • Buying out cards you haven't bid on no longer causes a disconnection.
  • 'Search Player' list now displays all online players.
  • Log-in from another location now kicks the other client.
  • /kick command no longer also kicks staff members.
  • Speedruns no longer display the wrong difficulty in rankings list.
  • Upgrades no longer given despite losing.
  • Searching ranked as a one-person-group (game no longer repeatedly tries to queue up for a 2 player match and player is forced to kill the game).
  • Own custom maps now work.
  • Decks now update for other players.
  • Creating a new game in PvP while others are ingame will cause them to crash.
  • You can now invite people to your group.
  • Certain cards no longer appear in boosters more often than they should. (For example: Twilight Curse)
  • Friends list now updates properly when a friend is removed.
  • Players no longer disconnect when getting kicked from a group.
  • Searching for 'nothing' now works.
  • First mails now give visual notification.
  • You can no longer join another group while hosting your own.
  • The group no longer disbands after finishing a game.
  • The group no longer disbands after picking a different map.
  • Now able to properly leave match after the other person has left.
  • Mail no longer appears in the wrong order.
  • No longer able to receive requests from offline players.
  • No longer disconnect when buying out a card on AH.
  • Players no longer get kicked when trying to show deck.
  • Claiming upgrades now works.
  • World map no longer shows games that have already started.
  • Players can no longer ready up while they're not in a position in the lobby.
  • Players no longer get stuck in loading screen when loading up a game. (In both PvE and PvP)
  • Group chat no longer crashes client after ending a game.
  • An opponent's avatar is no longer invisible.
  • Auctions now end.
  • [RESOLVED] Trading with cards of the same name is now possible.
  • [RESOLVED] The commands "/who", "/tradeinvite", "/showdeck", "/requestdeck" and "/invite" no longer disconnect players from the server if they do not enter a name parameter.

I will try to keep this thread updated as much as I can and I hope this shows why there is currently no open Beta. Thanks for reading.

Last updated: 29/05/2017 (English) 05/29/2017 (American)

Okay, we are getting questions about this pretty much all the time, and are displayed on stream a lot. I think this is a majestic thread and should be a mandatory part of the FAQ. For that reason, I'm featuring/pinning this and making it a part of my FAQ. Nice job Kiwi :kiwi: you're amazing ^_^

Hmmm... Rules written by MrXLink himself state that testers should refrain from sharings bugs... and then this thread appears... But ok, not the first thing I don't understand.

Nonetheless, since it seems to not be a problem, I would like to point out that requesting deck doesn't always disconnect, it depends on the player. At this moment it is, as far as I know, only @Treim who is experiencing this issue, causing people that request his deck to disconnect. Somehow he was logged in multiple times and a server restart temporarily fixes it. Poor guy.

Furthermore, unless you're talking about another bug, I think you meant to say that " Friends list and search player doesn't show correct map names " (They don't show other maps names, but instead show a small segment of code behind that function). This seems to have been fixed too already but the thread has yet to be updated. 

That's all I noticed while reading through it, hope it's useful. Nice job with the list! :kiwi:

The reason I allowed her to publicly post this is because the streams publicly expose all these bugs either way and it's a good way to show the community that no, we can in fact not release the game right now

1 minute ago, Ladadoos said:

Hmmm... Rules written by MrXLink himself state that testers should refrain from sharings bugs... and then this thread appears... But ok, not the first thing I don't understand.

Nonetheless, since it seems to not be a problem, I would like to point out that requesting deck doesn't always disconnect, it depends on the player. At this moment it is, as far as I know, only @Treim who is experiencing this issue, causing people that request his deck to disconnect. Somehow he was logged in multiple times and a server restart temporarily fixes it. Poor guy.

Furthermore, unless you're talking about another bug, I think you meant to say that " Friends list and search player doesn't show correct map names " (They don't show other maps names, but instead show a small segment of code behind that function). This seems to have been fixed too already but the thread has yet to be updated. 

That's all I noticed while reading through it, hope it's useful. Nice job with the list! :kiwi:

I asked @MrXLink if I was okay to make this thread before I did so and he said it was okay. I am also experiencing that bug as well as @Treim. The friends list doesn't show the correct player name, location (including maps/forge)

Thank you :kiwi: I hoped for such thread a long time. The more we know the better. Again thank you!

If I could add more reputation after each update you post...

/roll works :hypetrain:

Edited by Strek0za

I think it is better this way. So the community keeps being up to date with the state of the game.

I think some of us had almost no clue what bugs are still in the game. And the distance of common community members and testers isn't that huge than keeping the most of it secret.

38 minutes ago, pontasu said:

I find that you should always be kicked for showing your deck to other players :kappa:

You actually used to be kicked for kicking players. No one reported that "bug" because we thought it worked as intended :kappa: 

On 9/22/2016 at 3:33 PM, Kiwi said:

Current Bugs

Social Bugs

• Requesting to see someones deck kicks you from the server.

Lobby Bugs

• Players can ready up while they're not even in a position in the lobby.
  • Players disconnect when choosing a position in PvP.

Map Issues

• Sometimes when you lose a game there is no indication the game is lost and you have to force quit/leave it.
  • Players are able to join PvP maps that are currently running.

I believe these bugs are fixed, have you encountered them very recently?

Also you can see bugs are being fixed very fast, but some new ones may or may not pop up. Thats just the way of closed beta. But keep the hope alive, one day, soon, we will all enter the forge! With this team of dedicated devs, its not a question of if, its a question of when.

Edited by Ultrakool

51 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

I believe these bugs are fixed, have you encountered them very recently?

Also you can see bugs are being fixed very fast, but some new ones may or may not pop up. Thats just the way of closed beta. But keep the hope alive, one day, soon, we will all enter the forge! With this team of dedicated devs, its not a question of if, its a question of when.

I went through the reports and put any that didn't say resolved in the titles here. As well during the streams a few times it has taken a long time to register the game defeat / victory.

I will try to keep this thread updated as much as I can and I hope this shows why there is currently no open Beta. Thanks for reading.

40 minutes ago, creme_de_la_bear said:

brilliant, my new spot to watch. do you intend to keep this updated?

1 hour ago, creme_de_la_bear said:

brilliant, my new spot to watch. do you intend to keep this updated?

I update the thread once a day at the moment like @Ultrakool also quoted I put at the end I will keep it updated as much as I can, hope this helps.

Friends list and search player doesn't show map names and location.

Removing someone from your ignore list requires a relog to remove them from the actual list.

When opening mails containing cards an error appears. (After accounts where reset on 4th October 2016)

#fixed

10 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

#fixed

Thanks Ultra, I hadn't got around to checking the bug report thread to update it. :D

• Mail appears in indox in the wrong order.
  • Trade invitations aren't received or reset.
  • Mail from GM has a players username under it. (After accounts where reset on 4th October 2016)
  • Players disconnect when they buyout a card.
  • Buyout sends a different card than what you actually bought out.
  • Adding last card to AH duplicates it.
  • Player disconnects when they cancel an auction.
  • Auction sale buyout mail doesn't state what card was sold, system mail should say from Auction House not player name and a typo on bought out. (says brought out)
  • Possible to bid on the same card over and over again.
  • Can't deselect our position in PvE. (recent bug due to latest update)

These should all be fixed as well.

Edited by Ladadoos
I just tested a couple more and even more are fixed.

19 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

These should all be fixed as well.

Thanks, I don't really update them as fixed unless they're resolved on the forums I usually wait for that to make 100% sure they're fixed.