Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
MrXLink

Help Wanted: Making a BFCC for BFR

14 posts in this topic

Greetings Skylords, Skyladies, Skythings!

First of all, let me announce that this is not an official contest or request, nor will this guarantee any benefits such as beta access. However, if it works out it would result in your tool being used by the community and listed on our website and menus. This is a side project of personal interest and is not a necessity for BFR. It is a fan idea.

Alright, now that is out of the way... For those who don't know of it, http://www.bfcardcreator.com is a website in which people can sign up and create their own BattleForge card ideas. It was made by Arkadij Liebau in 2009 (all credits to him) and was a really nice tool for users to spread their creativity and hype about the game. There were even several large contests held on the original official BattleForge forums using this powerful and fun tool. It allowed players to hotlink images and turn them into beautiful cards.

As you may be able to see, however, this tool is horribly outdated. It was made before the Renegade update, does not show right imagery for dual-orb cards, does not support affinities, upgrades, promos or extensive text and does not provide the data that it could after the Renegade update. This is, in my opinion, quite a shame. It does not seem like Arkadij is actually responding (or even receiving) contact emails either, so updates from him would be hard to come by.

I therefore came up with the idea of having a new card creator for BFReborn, supporting all that the original BFCC did not. I would be more than willing and have already started making lovely graphics for it, and even for 3 and 4-coloured cards as shown below.

FireNatureFrost.png.86eaeafa2cee410b2d1c57dab17088871_FrostFirePromo.png.0e16baaAllColour.png.af373bc222f749b52b493a0bf157dab5905b781_FrostFireUpgradeU2.png.5bf

There is, however, one major problem with all of this, and that is my lack of ability to code these kind of things. The original BFCC was made in Flash, in which every aspect of the card was clickable to you can change that on the fly. That is a nice and lovely touch, but I would definitely not mind interfaces such as other card-creating websites have, like http://www.mtgcardmaker.com/ or http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ . These are also very user-friendly. 

Now I know there are a lot of creative skylords around here and I would like to ask you; is there anyone who could help make this BFCC update a reality? I have more information describing what the application needs to do and support, how it looks and such. You don't necessarily need any photoshopping skills as I can deliver the required artwork myself, manipulated by me or straight from the game files. The main necessity here is to be able to create an app that allows for the creation of custom cards. In the potential future this app could be tied to your BFR account or could be separated, and would require to be able to do what BFCC does now.  

Again, aside from being put in our website menu and being praised by me and likely the community, I can not guarantee any other rewards. This is not a fully official request and comes from me on behalf of being a fan of BFR, not as a developer of the game. Will to work on this should purely come out of enthusiasm and interest in coding a new card creator. Would any of you be up to work with me on this task? Leave your replies below or PM me, and if you are interested I can update you with some more information. 

Let me know what you all think, comments, criticism and offers to help are more than welcome, and I personally would love to see a shiny, new card creator come to life!

As much as I would love to help, programming anything like this is so far above my level.. however, I can try helping out in other ways like some basic graphics or a concept for someone who might be able to pull the programming part off of the application. 

Sorry I can't provide more help, I still support this project though and would love to see it come live :) 

I have no problem with the graphics guys, haha. Most of it's in the package files of Battleforge anyway ;)

The coding is the real problem here ^^;

well, the yellow border when you try to fusion elements, it's pretty usefull, but anyways, nice idea.

57dad60f9622b_BlackSandScorpion.PNG.3cdf57dad61783642_DraconianArcher.PNG.9064ca57dad61e9399c_DraconianLancer.PNG.94462557dad63187509_DragonRider.PNG.815424727757dad641be3c1_LostColossus.PNG.9ccdd16dc57dad64954b32_SandWorm.PNG.23b82a523237857dad6514bcad_SandSpirits.PNG.e932887f5957dad658b4619_SandGolem.PNG.fe5d639f253557dad660dd399_LostLord.PNG.6827decabb2d757dad668cf08b_LostInTheTime.PNG.14160d41Long Live battleforge REBOOOORN ! 

Dragon Invasion.PNG

Maybe that golden orbs could mean something like: You need X different orbs to play this card. But then there shouldn't be a 1 orb card, that would be neutral.

Sorry mate, I can't help you out. I speak better Chinese than any coding language, and I can't say a single thing in chinese xD (except for babi pangang)

On 15.9.2016 at 11:36 PM, SilenceKiller99 said:

Sorry mate, I can't help you out. I speak better Chinese than any coding language, and I can't say a single thing in chinese xD (except for babi pangang)

Same goes for me, but I really really like the idea!!!

This is still an ongoing request, so if someone is up for coding this and have it become part of SR, please reply here or PM me!
Since the old BFCC is down, this topic is in demand, and all the graphics and visuals needed are provided by me, no problem whatsoever.