Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Eirias

PvP CHALLENGES

Greetings! I've been planning a new series for a while (it's very troll-ish) and I had planned to reveal it as a surprise in Ranked PvP after the game came out. But since, for now at least, I can play with all cards U3 against players who are not as experienced in PvP, I figured now would be a good time to release the series :)

Welcome to PvP Challenges! In this series I'll take some challenge and try to accomplish it while playing my opponent. In some challenges my opponent will know what I'm doing, in others, he won't. :)

Here are a few challenges I've come up with so far: be sure to let me know which ones you like and leave suggestions for more! @ImperatorSK also came up with a few of these suggestions.

• Real splash decks (post-t1 I can not use any cards with neutral orb requirements)
  • Deck with only squads
  • Deck with only M units
  • Only t1
  • No t1 units
  • No spells
  • Only buildings in t3
  • Play X deck without Y card (I'm thinking fire-nature without burrowers)
  • get willzapper to work
  • Enlighten into rifle cultists
  • Tutorial deck

Any other suggestions?

Edited by Eirias

Here is something I have been thinking of. Right before jumping in a match, you make a deck for your opponent. The deck has to contain of a certain amount of cards to make it somewhat balanced (e.g. 4 T1 units / cards following certain orbs etc.). Then fire won't have it's scavenger, shadow no dreadcharger. Not only would the decks probably be pretty bad, new interesting card uses may come of of it!

Just now, ferevus said:

Cannot use cards of a tier below the current one? (E.G if you're T2 you cannot use T1 units/spells.. if T3 can't use T2 or T1). 

oh, that's pretty good.

26 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Greetings! I've been planning a new series for a while (it's very troll-ish) and I had planned to reveal it as a surprise in Ranked PvP after the game came out. But since, for now at least, I can play with all cards U3 against players who are not as experienced in PvP, I figured now would be a good time to release the series :)

You mean vs :mrxlink: and :kiwi: ? That is why it was 1v2?

@Eirias Only units MA and White rangers, Avatar of Frost and Battleship?

Edited by Dallarian

9 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

Then fire won't have it's scavenger, shadow no dreadcharger.

Ban witchclaws, too, then!

24 minutes ago, Eirias said:

• Real splash decks (post-t1 I can not use any cards with neutral orb requirements)

I wanna see that one! :) Bandits would be cool - eventhough stonekin or twilight would probably be easier to pull off.

Just now, SunWu II. said:

Ban witchclaws, too, then!

It's not that cards are banned, but you probably want to make your opponent's deck as weak as possible. So if you make a shadow deck, you could not give your opponent neither Witchclaws nor Dreadcharger ;)

Reminds me of the stuff me and my friends always did since well, it was rather unbalanced between us.

We also did stuff like no ground presence outside for one swift unit to grab wells, Only cards with useable abilites allowed, 5 well rule(every player must always have 5 wells and can´t spend any power on smthg that isnt wells unless they have exactly 5 wells.)

Damn i really have to learn PvP when im back in the forge, i wanna do that crazy stuff as well :D 

But sadly im not very creative with ideas for pvp :(  Maybe banishing  L and XL Creatures from the match or smth :S 

So here are some of my challenges:

Specific Ideas for your play deck X without Y:

- Play the classic pure Nature deck without its 3 core units (Energy Parasite, Shrine of Memory, Deep One)

- Win with a frostsplash, but without building protects

Other type of challenges:

- Play Shadow Frost / Fire Nature / Fire shadow and use exclusively Lost souls / Twilight / Bandits units (spells are allowed)

- Win a PvP match in X minutes

And here my last one for you:

- beat me in a 1vs1 when I'm able to play aswell :troll:

32 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

So here are some of my challenges:

Specific Ideas for your play deck X without Y:

- Play the classic pure Nature deck without its 3 core units (Energy Parasite, Shrine of Memory, Deep One)

- Win with a frostsplash, but without building protects

Other type of challenges:

- Play Shadow Frost / Fire Nature / Fire shadow and use exclusively Lost souls / Twilight / Bandits units (spells are allowed)

- Win a PvP match in X minutes

And here my last one for you:

- beat me in a 1vs1 when I'm able to play aswell :troll:

I can't play the classic Pure Nature deck WITH those t3 units :). But I can try, of course.

No building protects? That's how real men play frost :kappa:

Well, if I can also use spells with my splash deck, that gets even easier :)

Winning  PvP match in X minutes--well, I suppose that will make me improve my t1.

Unfortunately, that last one is clearly impossible. :)

-Dodge a coldsnap by using nether warp, do the same with burrow

-Win a game by mostly destroying the opponents structures in t3 while using Portal Nexus+Architect's calling

-Destroy 2 wells in one game using the northland drake ability

-Use Corsairs+ability as your only t3 unit and win mostly by using it

-Get a Xl or L unit run about a Phalanx twice in one game (should be too easy so make it the same unit)

-Play Frost t1 without master archers and survive an early fight against fire

-Use Frostshard + stonewarrior ability to kill multiple units at once

-Heal around 5k with Moon alone

-As pure Frost defend against harvester without using Lyrish

-Keep the same Ice shield running for 1:30 minutes 

-Keep a revenant alive for 60 seconds (maybe do that while only playing Lost Souls cards)

So ya that is about it. For the super hard one disenchant Nasty Surprise. And use Phasetower against RadicalX. Lifestealer counts too.

Themed unit type deck restrictions?  (1 race, multiple races or class/1st/2nd race restriontions) - would probably be more fun in a tournament format or smth but still :D reading your post just made me think of this
Unit races - 1st tier = plenty, 2nd tier = not viable by themselves(maybe with a few exceptions but not nearly as variable as 1st , - be free to change it to your needs just smth like this would be cool to do)
1st tier:
Human
Beasts
Elemental
Demon
Undead
Ogre

2nd tier:
Orc
ELf
Forestkin
Skylord
Destroyers
Giant
Spirit
Ancient
Dragonkin
Artifact
Kobold

Classes: 
Dominator, Soldier, Wizard, Corruptor, Archer, Crusader, Marauder, Destroyer, Supporter.

Outside of everything else:
lyrish, Champion, Egg, Gladiator, Benefactor, King of Moloch, Leader.

Is it possible to have a livestream without delay? Would be funny if Hirooo and Radi controll each 1 player per Skype, and you are just their controllers^^. So you would need 2 Streams for each of them without delay. Pretty funny especially if they want you to split your troops :D

5 cards of each Tier

Each Tier a different Element - until T2 it's normal, but T3 can be chaotic and unpredictable

Buildings only in all Tiers :kappa: 

Only 4 cards in deck at max, 1 card per Tier

Both players have the same deck, so skill is the only thing that matters at that point

Only 8 cards in deck at max, 2 cards per Tier (possible addition - one of them HAS to be a spell)

RANDOM DECK! (within some boundaries) - RNG to determine what cards to pick with each having a dedicated number

Pure Shadow deck, both players MUST only attack with a :wrathgazer: amongst their current army. No Wrathgazer, no offensive

Oh boi looking forward to some of these >:) 

47 minutes ago, ImperatorSK said:

Is it possible to have a livestream without delay? Would be funny if Hirooo and Radi controll each 1 player per Skype, and you are just their controllers^^. So you would need 2 Streams for each of them without delay. Pretty funny especially if they want you to split your troops :D

Skype screen shares are without delay. If I was doing that though, I probably wouldn't stream (I'd just record YT video). Also, sharing screens via skype is slightly detrimental to micro, because you can't make the game full-screen. But that might add to the hilarity :)

35 minutes ago, anonyme0273 said:

5 cards of each Tier

Each Tier a different Element - until T2 it's normal, but T3 can be chaotic and unpredictable

Buildings only in all Tiers :kappa: 

Only 4 cards in deck at max, 1 card per Tier

Both players have the same deck, so skill is the only thing that matters at that point

Only 8 cards in deck at max, 2 cards per Tier (possible addition - one of them HAS to be a spell)

RANDOM DECK! (within some boundaries) - RNG to determine what cards to pick with each having a dedicated number

Pure Shadow deck, both players MUST only attack with a :wrathgazer: amongst their current army. No Wrathgazer, no offensive

Oh boi looking forward to some of these >:) 

Well, the idea is that I'm trolling on someone else to make things more fair:). So he gets a normal deck (and things like 1 card per tier would basically mean I need to rush t1, so idk if that's a good idea)

Win a game that is at least 10 minutes long and have at no point in time more than X void power. ( no clue what an appopriate number is :P)

- play fire T1 (pure fire or splashes), but do not use eruption the whole match. 

- play a game with only melee units (so you need anti-air towers)

- play a game without minimap (if it is possible to turn it off or blind it)

- play a game, in which you may not attack buildings with units, only with spells... (this one is hard xD )

- play a nature T1 with only shamans

22 minutes ago, ferevus said:

Play minions of different type for each Tier? (T1 only frost, T2 only shadow, etc.)

That's not a bad idea :). Do splash units count?

11 minutes ago, Eirias said:

That's not a bad idea :). Do splash units count?

Hm.. That's tough to say, i'll leave that open to interpretation.

But personally I'd prefer No hybrids? This way some sub-par cards will see some gameplay :)