Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Yotamic

Did you spent money on the old BattleForge?

119 posts in this topic

Roughly 250€ but it was so worth it! If the prices for reborn are similar, than it will easily be the same!

8 hours ago, Teclis said:

Roughly 250€ but it was so worth it! If the prices for reborn are similar, than it will easily be the same!

There will be no paid features in reborn from what I have heard. All free to play.

53 minutes ago, Fazo said:

There will be no paid features in reborn from what I have heard. All free to play.

Yeah, read it also, but I am wondering how they will finance the server, which can be quite expensive and has to be maintained, also a patch every once in a while will probably be necessary. Will it just be donations, or will there be any paid features?

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Teclis said:

Yeah, read it also, but I am wondering how they will finance the server, which can be quite expensive and has to be maintained, also a patch every once in a while will probably be necessary. Will it just be donations, or will there be any paid features?

Will this game cost me money?
Nope! Skylords Reborn will be completely free to play, and you will be able to earn your BFP through daily quests and playtime. You will of course gain more BFP than the original 2 you would receive from the original game.

If this project is completely non-profit, how will you keep servers up?
We have created a donation pool. If you feel like donating to the project and help us keep the BattleForge servers up in the future, you can donate funds to the Skylords Reborn team. Any donated money will be spent on server upkeep, development and a lot will be saved up for future server upkeep. No money whatsoever will go into our own pockets, and must we have a lot of excess money (beyond our savings for future upkeep), we will make sure this excess money will go to charity. Check the donate page here: 
http://forum.bfreborn.com/redirectpaypal.html. If the donation website is down, check back at a later point in time, as we might not be accepting at that moment for internal reasons.

Seems like they plan to rely on donations.

Edited by Fazo

1 minute ago, Fazo said:

Seems like they plan to rely on donations.

I have read that, but if i recall correctely, it hasn't changed siince EA greenlighted the project, and the stated that it can be commercialized in order to pay staff, which it will need, so i can see them making some kind of micro transaction. I also think that a steady income, which is not entirely based on the merit of some players is better and microtransactions monetize the instant satisfaction rather than gratitude towards the team, so some other, especially new players will rather use it.

I bought 2 discs for both my laptop & PC, not knowing it was actually free to play:kappaross:. About 60 eur.

I've spend about 25€. First i bought the starter Edition and then some BFP on ebay. This will be the same amount I've planned to donate, as soon as the game is opened for everyone

I still have my Battleforge box purchased back in 2009, when it was not yet free to play.

Things went bad quickly, or at least it was bad in EA vision, and the game was set F2P. I still cannot explain myself why, such a fun and unique game.

Anyway, in 4 years playing Battleforge I've spent so much money that I've lost count of. Maybe 300 euros, or more.

Never spent so much in a game before, and never had a game shut down in my face, also.

about 200 becuase i wanted some good frost cards without having to trade away my harvesters from shadow

I spend around 250-300€.
It all started when I wanted to make and complete my Frost deck. Then I began with PvP, so I needed more cards for that.
After I realized how OP nature for PvE scenarios was I wanted to complete that. And so on...
I still got some of the opened BFP-Packs in my locker hehe.

I was a poor university student and couldn't afford to.  Hence I was pretty weak in the game, but I had a lot of fun playing it (mainly PvE)

Couldnt afford it back then. But the f2p Progression made it Fun.  € 100- for Skylords to come back to the Forge soo  :hype::hype:

Not sure, but I think something like 200€. But I don't regret a single euro. I had so much fun with it and often think back to that time. Still hate EA for pulling the servers down though :D

There was a short moment in Battleforge site of my country language version when the price of BPF was absolutely cheap. Maybe was an error of currency conversion or something like that. So I bought like 12.000 BFP for 7.50 BRL (today arround 2 EUR), and never needed more.

I spent around 150€ and never regret it. I do remember when I bought a graphic card and got a code for promo Fallen Skyelf and sell it for a lot of BFP. Those were the days.