1 - Unproper disconnect hangs the other player(s)

MephistoRoss

On 26.11.2016 at 11:26 PM, anonyme0273 said:

NAME: Force shutdown
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: 2/2
DESCRIPTION: EXTENSIVE

• Cause - unplugging computer from electricity
  • First issue - "account in use" at first attempt to login, possibly because second player who was ingame was still there
  • Second issue - the match @John left wrote me "John left the group" and "John left the game". His units were left ingame and no victory screen was showed to me. I left the game after ~6 minutes
  • Third issue - John tried making a game upon getting in The Forge, I was still "with him" ingame. When he created a lobby, he got disconnected
  • Fourth issue - the lobby John created was still there, I could join it and see him waiting in the lobby (as well as the region), but he couldn't - would DC upon joining the lobby
  • Fifth issue - John got disconnected when opening the "sparring match" lobby in PvP
  • Sixth issue - NEITHER ONE OF US can now get in The Forge, we have no issue logging in, but get disconnected after loading in The Forge

We got ingame without a problem when I created a lobby. I got a victory screen normally when he left the game (by using "leave match" option from the menu)

This bug is related to the one mentioned above, I just think we tried different things with it this time. I might have missed something out, we are going to try again when we can (possibly when the server is restarted)

This bug can be split into two seperate bugs:

On 28.9.2016 at 7:17 PM, Inwutsch said:

Unproper disconnects are a known issue and aren't fixed yet.

NAME: Unproper disconnect doesn't kick the player from the server
SEVERITY: 3
LOCATION: Login, ingame (probably occurs in the Forge, too. I haven't tested that yet)
REPRODUCIBILITY: 3/3
DESCRIPTION: If you disconnect your wifi/pull out the ethernet cable (or just unplug your PC), the game will not kick the player and it will say Account already in use @ the login screen (it even appeared when I tried to login 10 minutes after disconnecting my wifi).

On 26.11.2016 at 9:06 PM, Inwutsch said:

Are there improvements since the recent update?

Probably not.

________

NAME: Log-in from another location while ingame with another player causes the relogged player to bug out
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: 3/3 (broke the server(see description) 2/3 times or 3/3 times (not sure if the second try crashed the server))
DESCRIPTION: If you login from another location (on a second device or after doing the unproper disconnect) while you are ingame with another player, you will not get kicked from the ingame lobby. This causes some strange behavior:

Here are first and second try (me and anonyme):

Anonymes POV is at the top of this post, here is my POV:

On 26.11.2016 at 11:42 PM, John said:

Unplugging from electricity in a 1vs1 match caused the following:

• I received a "Account already in-use" when I tried to log in the first time.
  • We were able to join another sparring after he invited me to a group and created & started a match.
  • After that I tried creating a lobby in Sunbridge: It disconnected me after creating the match
  • After reconnecting to the server I tried opening a lobby in another Map: It disconnected me after creating the match
  • After reconnecting to the server again: it displayed my own match in Sunbridge with 2 open slots I tried joining my own lobby but it didn't take me to the screen where you can ready up, and after anonyme joined the game, there were 0 open slots, and after he left there was 1 slot
  • Then I tried opening the match-browser (where you can see all the lobbies and create a match) on another map, and this is when the server died, RIP.

A second try:

• While my PC was restarting, Anonyme tried whispering me, and then his client froze
  • I received a "Account already in-use" when I tried to log in the first time.
  • After that, I tried creating a lobby in Sunbridge: It disconnected me after creating the match.
  • After reconnecting to the server again: it displayed my own match in Sunbridge with 2 open slots I tried joining my own lobby but it didn't take me to the screen where you can ready up, after refreshing there was 1 free slot and I was in a group
  • Then I created a match on another map, which got rid of the ghost game
  • After waiting a few minutes, I killed Battleforge process via the Taskmanager
  • Now the game freezes when I try to log in (same issue applies to anonyme)

And the third try:

• I logged into my account from my Laptop, while I was ingame with Ladadoos on my Desktop
    • On the desktop, the game froze (no disconnect message)
    • On the laptop it said "Account already in use"
  • Ladadoos reported that I was still ingame with him, however I was in the forge on my laptop (we were able to whisper though)
  • When I tried to open a lobby, it disconnected me from the server (but it opened the lobby (Ghost game))
  • After playing around with the ghost games (joining my own ghost games, trying to open new matches), no one is able to login now, since you get disconnect after it finishes loading.

However, this bug doesn't seem to occur if you are playing alone.

Edited by John

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use