1 - Unproper disconnect hangs the other player(s)

MephistoRoss

NAME: Unproper disconnect hangs the other player(s)
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: 1/1
DESCRIPTION: When you are playing with someone and he disconnects. He is disbanded from the group, but his building/units still live. Also the message that he has left the game is double.

Edit (14-09-2016): When the other player normally leaves, everything works fine now. When the other player unexpectedly disconnects (for example, pull network cable), than the game just hangs (cant do anything anymore).

Edit (24-9-2016): Also when normally leaving a game (Exit Battleforge button), the other player's game hangs again now.

Screenshot: 

C.thumb.PNG.8c6fdfb6b94ee45b5986ace8277d

Indeed, there is a difference between normally leaving the game and not properly disconnecting. 

When the other player normally leaves, everything works fine now.

When the other player unexpectedly disconnects (for example, pull network cable), than the game just hangs (cant do anything anymore).

I have updated the first post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

NAME: Disconnect once loaded into Forge
SEVERITY: 2
REPRODUCIBILITY: 2/2
DESCRIPTION: I was ingame (PvP) with @LagOps and my electricity was cut short (reasons not imporant). After starting up the computer again, I couldn't get in the Forge. First message I got was "Account in use", then in character select I got stuck (loading in the Forge took much longer than ordinary) and upon loading in the Forge, I instantly disconnect "lost connection to server".
SCREENSHOT: -
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: LagOps can get ingame fine. If anyone wants to try and reproduce it, I think forcibly shutting down your computer should do. It's not safe, but it can mess up ones account apparently, which shouldn't happen in Open Beta. I suggest server restart as it mostly fixes these issues

NAME: Game "freezes" when the other person's computer shuts down
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: Haven't tried yet, I don't have the time atm, will try it later
DESCRIPTION: We had a similar issue today in rPVE. The game doesn't freeze in the normal sense, it just sort of lingers. You can still move your camera and "summon" units, but no animation actually plays and the timer stops.This happened when @Eirias disconnected when his computer ran out of power. I saw this is a topic similar to the problem, so I posted it here.
SCREENSHOT: The screenshots I made are unfortunately broken :(

(should I've made a separate topic for this?)

49 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

(should I've made a separate topic for this?)

Can you get ingame?

I think it's kinda similar, so in my opinion it's fine being here. If you create a thread without checking for existing reports (happens), moderators often merge the two threads together, but it's still better to check

NAME: Force shutdown
SEVERITY: 1
REPRODUCIBILITY: 2/2
DESCRIPTION: EXTENSIVE

• Cause - unplugging computer from electricity
  • First issue - "account in use" at first attempt to login, possibly because second player who was ingame was still there
  • Second issue - the match @John left wrote me "John left the group" and "John left the game". His units were left ingame and no victory screen was showed to me. I left the game after ~6 minutes
  • Third issue - John tried making a game upon getting in The Forge, I was still "with him" ingame. When he created a lobby, he got disconnected
  • Fourth issue - the lobby John created was still there, I could join it and see him waiting in the lobby (as well as the region), but he couldn't - would DC upon joining the lobby
  • Fifth issue - John got disconnected when opening the "sparring match" lobby in PvP
  • Sixth issue - NEITHER ONE OF US can now get in The Forge, we have no issue logging in, but get disconnected after loading in The Forge

We got ingame without a problem when I created a lobby. I got a victory screen normally when he left the game (by using "leave match" option from the menu)

This bug is related to the one mentioned above, I just think we tried different things with it this time. I might have missed something out, we are going to try again when we can (possibly when the server is restarted)

Unplugging from electricity in a 1vs1 match caused the following:

• I received a "Account already in-use" when I tried to log in the first time.
  • We were able to join another sparring after he invited me to a group and created & started a match.
  • After that I tried creating a lobby in Sunbridge: It disconnected me after creating the match
  • After reconnecting to the server I tried opening a lobby in another Map: It disconnected me after creating the match
  • After reconnecting to the server again: it displayed my own match in Sunbridge with 2 open slots I tried joining my own lobby but it didn't take me to the screen where you can ready up, and after anonyme joined the game, there were 0 open slots, and after he left there was 1 slot
  • Then I tried opening the match-browser (where you can see all the lobbies and create a match) on another map, and then no one was able to login anymore, since you got disconnected after it finished loading.

A second try:

• While my PC was restarting, Anonyme tried whispering me, and then his client froze
  • I received a "Account already in-use" when I tried to log in the first time.
  • After that, I tried creating a lobby in Sunbridge: It disconnected me after creating the match.
  • After reconnecting to the server again: it displayed my own match in Sunbridge with 2 open slots I tried joining my own lobby but it didn't take me to the screen where you can ready up, after refreshing there was 1 free slot and I was in a group
  • Then I created a match on another map, which got rid of the ghost game
  • After waiting a few minutes, I killed Battleforge process via the Taskmanager
  • Now the game freezes when I try to log in (same issue applies to anonyme)
Edited by John

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use