Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kaliber84

Finding a PvE group

We've all been there. There is that sweet U2/U3 upgrade that is essential to your deck but it's only available on that one 4-player or even worse a 12-player map and suddenly there are a bunch of obstacles to overcome.

You need to find 3 to 11 other players that are willing to patiently wait together and play the map. And even if you finally gathered all of them somebody might troll, go afk or the teammates might not be able to handle expert difficulty. On a 4-player map you might be able to carry. On a 12-player map you just wasted an hour of your life.

Currently there is a chat ingame that is able to allow one to chat with different categories of people depending on what they are interested in. It's not that hard to use but not intuitive either and many ppl just use the colour they like best. Finding a (decent) PvE group isn't easy this way so I'd like to welcome any suggestions for an improved system that allows finding a group more easily

Well now that the game is hosted privately, the community will be more much tight-knitted than the original game. We also have public VoIP comms (Discord) which will make it much easier to find groups (and discord acts as text-based chat as well). We could theoretically make say, a channel for every map, and people can look for players interested in playing that map etc... But just the fact of the smaller-sized community will help a bunch imo (As ironic as it sounds)

A channel for each map, maybe even two channels, doesn't sound bad at all. Although I think the list of channels would get a bit too long. And yes, I agree that even though the community is a lot smaller, most of us know members a lot better and are kind to each other, making it easier to find someone to play with. Besides, I think that there will be more active players on BFR whenever it is released than there were on the EA server. If I remember correctly there were about 1800-2400 players near the end. 

On a slightly different topic, I am not so sure what the toxicity levels were on BF (there must have been some), but I hope to see this connection between players translate into more friendly competitions than hate to each other, not that there was a lot of hate in the old BF. I think we all like a bit of spice, but it needs to be the good kind ^_^

46 minutes ago, marky1926 said:

how come I keep getting notifications on this conversation?  

You might have clicked 'Follow this' next to the title at the top. This way you get mails and notifications when this thread gets updated.

7 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

On a slightly different topic, I am not so sure what the toxicity levels were on BF (there must have been some), but I hope to see this connection between players translate into more friendly competitions than hate to each other, not that there was a lot of hate in the old BF. I think we all like a bit of spice, but it needs to be the good kind ^_^

#Egoupload
The PvP community had a bit of that but for an online game BaFo has alway been very relaxed. While I never really played much PvE there was even less drama going on.

If you deperatetly need an upgrade for an specific card then you can buy it with pvp points. That is what I did at least and it was the more profitable way for me.

Of course thats no solution to an dieing game like BF was before.

A good way to get 12 player maps really rolling if they arent is to get connected to some ppl/ the community, as others already mentioned.

Maybe some "trading" can go on like you play some maps others need with them and they play maps you need with you hopefully =)

I got some other idea for that too:

Make an reward system for ppl that are helping others. If someone plays a coop map with others and has already achieved all possible upgrades, he will get some bonus (gold,bf-points or whatever). Maybe to prevent abuse you can limit this to 1 to 3 times per day or soemthing. That would motivate players that have played/achieved a lot already to play more with necomers.

regarding finding a group to play: like mentioned above a good idea would be to make a chat channel for each map... regarding the problems that come with difficulty and all that maybe do different channels , one for each difficulty in the main menu, so that the  players could form parties and organise themselves better...  when it comes to AFK or trolls (I don't know if BattleForge had already a system like that as I discovered the game pretty much before it was "killed") do a report system and then the members who troll or go AFK could be highlighted  during 1 or 2 games after they where reported so that the party knew what to expect... And I believe nobody likes to be highlighted like that so it could reduce the number of players who "misbehave"...

P.S.: If anybody already suggested these I apologise but just joined the community recently and didn't had time to see all topics...

Edited by LostHound

On 17-10-2017 at 2:15 AM, LostHound said:

do a report system and then the members who troll or go AFK could be highlighted  during 1 or 2 games after they where reported so that the party knew what to expect...

Yes please! This reminds me of codemasters' race games (for example dirt 3 or grid 2) where you have a coloured circle in front of your name (white = perfect behavior, green = good behavior, yellow = average behavior, red = probably an ass)

(in that case it was about 'race behavior', not social behavior, but it could function the same purpose)