Thumbnails for Replays

Eirias

On 12.9.2016 at 10:04 AM, Lukaznid said:

Sure I'll do it today sometime :)

Suggestion. I would've left the starting screen, the thumbnail, on the screen a bit longer so people could actually see it and read it.

E: done, one with 75% transparency on the flames, one without, chose whichever you like better

transparent 57d66494c359a_Magma_Hurlertransparent.pn and solid 57d6649155db8_Magma_Hurlersolid.png.0313

I am currently not on my computer, but when I come back I will render this Hurler for you, give me a day or two.
Also I might be able to provide tomorow my album of rendered artworks, so you can pick the rendered versions and work with them instead.
Another thing, you said recently that you want to toy around with the thumbnail.
The template will be available pretty soon, I will upload it right into this thread!
Make sure to check it out then!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13. 9. 2016 at 11:46 PM, lFrostAvatar said:

I am currently not on my computer, but when I come back I will render this Hurler for you, give me a day or two.
Also I might be able to provide tomorow my album of rendered artworks, so you can pick the rendered versions and work with them instead.
Another thing, you said recently that you want to toy around with the thumbnail.
The template will be available pretty soon, I will upload it right into this thread!
Make sure to check it out then!

Will do!

Yes I am a twat for not doing this sooner but better late than never right?
q01wkrw.png 

gGeaqAy.png

UtFYEsH.png

EflgHxj.png

HETGVgB.png

6XqMYUm.png

LgcIpuJ.png (I really like the alternate brannoc art)

PR5h9YY.png

Anyway here's the dryad, I'll keep uploading them to this post. I'll finish those you asked for first now.

E: finished uploading all of them, let me know if any of them aren't ok so I can fix them

On 8. 9. 2016 at 3:38 PM, Eirias said:

Could you start with scavenger, dreadcharger, master archers, sunstriders, windweavers, dryad, forsaken, war eagle, juggernaut, harvester, Lost grigori, burrower, and brannoc? Those are probably the most iconic PvP units.

Edited by Lukaznid
Finished :)

1 hour ago, Eirias said:

What other PvP units are really common? Perhaps windweavers, skyfire drake, fire dancer, scythe fiends, stone tempest, silverwind lancers, Deep One, Stormsinger, ashbone pyro... :)

Slowly but surely making him do all PVP related units in Battleforge :P 

13 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

They look really amazing! Good job sir

thank you :D

12 hours ago, Eirias said:

What other PvP units are really common? Perhaps windweavers, skyfire drake, fire dancer, scythe fiends, stone tempest, silverwind lancers, Deep One, Stormsinger, ashbone pyro... :)

I'll get to those... eventually ;)

Edited by Lukaznid

On 22.9.2016 at 10:38 AM, Lukaznid said:

Will do!

Yes I am a twat for not doing this sooner but better late than never right?
q01wkrw.png 

gGeaqAy.png

UtFYEsH.png

EflgHxj.png

HETGVgB.png

6XqMYUm.png

LgcIpuJ.png (I really like the alternate brannoc art)

PR5h9YY.png

Anyway here's the dryad, I'll keep uploading them to this post. I'll finish those you asked for first now.

E: finished uploading all of them, let me know if any of them aren't ok so I can fix them

Wow amazing job bro, but for the harvester, the white edges looking ugly.
May I ask how long you need for one of those cutouts?

Just now, lFrostAvatar said:

Wow amazing job bro, but for the harvester, the white edges looking ugly.
May I ask how long you need for one of those cutouts?

Yeah I disliked the harvester as well, but I was to lazy to redo it. One takes about five minutes, it's super fast to do.

38 minutes ago, lFrostAvatar said:

Arent you using vectors or polygons to do so?
This is the most acurate way on that regard.

Nope, I could, but I'm not. I'm just using the good old quick selection and refine edge technique ;) I know it gives worse results, but it gets the job done quite well doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Nope, I could, but I'm not. I'm just using the good old quick selection and refine edge technique ;) I know it gives worse results, but it gets the job done quite well doesn't it?

It is faster indeed, but you can make then more smooth with a swift use of the burn tool.
Because the more I look, the more difficult it is for me to not get mad by looking at these edges.
But that being sad, of course it is rly fast with only quick selection, it is just my opinion how to make it look much better.
I hope you don't take that personally.

2 minutes ago, lFrostAvatar said:

It is faster indeed, but you can make then more smooth with a swift use of the burn tool.
Because the more I look, the more difficult it is for me to not get mad by looking at these edges.
But that being sad, of course it is rly fast with only quick selection, it is just my opinion how to make it look much better.
I hope you don't take that personally.

It's fine, get mad at them all you want :P 

I know they're not perfect, you're very much welcome to fix them if you want, I think they're good enough, especially not at current size and with a background like in the videos it's going to be used in. You won't even notice it there ;)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Eirias said:

@Lukaznid any chance you could do a promo jugger? Hoping to upload a new replay today :)

On it

E: here we go: the only difference between the two is in the glow around the rocks, pick whichever you prefer. Also if you want any adjustments let me know. (something removed, edited, added, etc.)

juggerPromo.png.75ab65b67aca335add564a74

juggerPromo3.png.4fe037b1358b2293193105f

Edited by Lukaznid

31 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

On it

E: here we go: the only difference between the two is in the glow around the rocks, pick whichever you prefer. Also if you want any adjustments let me know. (something removed, edited, added, etc.)

juggerPromo.png.75ab65b67aca335add564a74

juggerPromo3.png.4fe037b1358b2293193105f

Thanks! I'll take the second one. And now, I can post that replay :)

2 hours ago, Eirias said:

@Lukaznid any chance I could also get an amazon, treespirit, mortar, and stone tempest? :)

If not, just let me know and I'll upload the replays with all scavengers or something.

I'm kind of busy at the moment, maybe tomorrow sometime, I probably won't have the time though

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...