Thumbnails for Replays

Eirias

3 hours ago, lFrostAvatar said:

About the glow on the masterarchers, in my opinion you should decrease the intensity of the glow.
Just give it a try, and show me the new result, you can use the rendered version for it!

Master_Archers-2.png.01fc043b2bc167082be Decreased the glow, added transparency and a bit of noise

@lFrostAvatar The first scavenger one looks kinda cool, the second one is awful in my opinion. I don't even think you can see the difference when its as small as a thumbnail, but I think I like the original better. When bigger size I like that first one of yours better, looks really clean and nice.

Edited by SilenceKiller99

@Lukaznid @lFrostAvatar

Those look really nice! And I like the glow as well (even on the MA, after it's been toned down a little).

Keep up the good work, and I'll start saving it in a folder to use for thumbnails!

Do either of you want to make a "blank" thumbnail with spaces for player names and their "avatars?" It should probably have the BFR logo somewhere, some kind of "VS" text, a place for setting (So I could put like "Ranked PVP," "Unranked PVP" or "Tournament _____"), and probably some kind of Eirias-specific logo (Like a magma hurler and my name, and something about commentator names so I can also put co-commentators) so that if other people make replays in the future, they can use the same thumbnails and replace my logo with their own.

Is that something you guys can do? Thanks a ton, btw! Those look really nice!

6 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@lFrostAvatar The first scavenger one looks kinda cool, the second one is awful in my opinion. I don't even think you can see the difference when its as small as a thumbnail, but I think I like the original better. When bigger size I like that first one of yours better, looks really clean and nice.

Thought so, still wanted to show.
The second one is just simply rendered higher.
Whereas the first one is more smooth.
In pictures like that one below, the renders pays off tbh
Because that bad resolution turns into a smooth artwork that you can properly use for designs or sth.

verwüstung.png

4 hours ago, lFrostAvatar said:

What about these ones ? i took your one and edit it, hope your fine with that.
Guess that would work for thumbnails, got two ones here, as one is easier for the eyes (which might become handy for thumbnails), where the other one is straight up rendered on higher resolution.
What do you think about that?

scavenger render.png

scavenger render 2.png

I think the first one is better for larger images, so I should probably use that for the thumbnails? I'm still in awe of how you managed to do that, btw. Can you do these for all of Lukaznid's photoshops (including the MAs?

47 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Master_Archers-2.png.01fc043b2bc167082be Decreased the glow, added transparency and a bit of noise

Niiiice :).

@lFrostAvatar That ravage looks amazing :). Saved it in my thumbnails file, even though it probably doesn't make sense to include it in a thumbnail :)

7 minutes ago, Eirias said:

I think the first one is better for larger images, so I should probably use that for the thumbnails? I'm still in awe of how you managed to do that, btw. Can you do these for all of Lukaznid's photoshops (including the MAs?

Niiiice :).

@lFrostAvatar That ravage looks amazing :). Saved it in my thumbnails file, even though it probably doesn't make sense to include it in a thumbnail :)

Well, i can do that for all of the Pictures since it wont take quite long.
What do you mean with MAs? can you explain it for me?
About your recent question , i can create this blank pattern for the thumbnail, i will start tomorow with it.

1 minute ago, lFrostAvatar said:

Well, i can do that for all of the Pictures since it wont take quite long.
What do you mean with MAs? can you explain it for me?
About your recent question , i can create this blank pattern for the thumbnail, i will start tomorow with it.

Thanks a ton! I mean Lukaznid posted a new picture of Master Archers, so can you do that cool rendering thing to them as well? (I'm guessing you can, since you can do it to all of the pictures, but just checking).

19 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Thanks a ton! I mean Lukaznid posted a new picture of Master Archers, so can you do that cool rendering thing to them as well? (I'm guessing you can, since you can do it to all of the pictures, but just checking).

So did the masterarchers, hope this is like you expected.

Master_Archers-2.png.01fc043b2bc167082be42c6dbf6761a2_waifu2x_art_noise3_scale_tta_1.png

1 hour ago, Eirias said:

@Lukaznid @lFrostAvatar

Those look really nice! And I like the glow as well (even on the MA, after it's been toned down a little).

Keep up the good work, and I'll start saving it in a folder to use for thumbnails!

Do either of you want to make a "blank" thumbnail with spaces for player names and their "avatars?" It should probably have the BFR logo somewhere, some kind of "VS" text, a place for setting (So I could put like "Ranked PVP," "Unranked PVP" or "Tournament _____"), and probably some kind of Eirias-specific logo (Like a magma hurler and my name, and something about commentator names so I can also put co-commentators) so that if other people make replays in the future, they can use the same thumbnails and replace my logo with their own.

Is that something you guys can do? Thanks a ton, btw! Those look really nice!

I can do that, just send me the size etc, itll have to wait till saturday though. Im kind of busy till then :)

@lFrostAvatar

That looks great! How does it look if we switch the places of "VS" and "BFR?" And maybe use a different font for Day IV and Haladur?

Or what if the map name (in a different color font? Maybe gold in a black box?) goes where BFR is now, and BFR goes to the top of the screen, sort of overlapping with the border. Then all of the "setting" info could go at the top (Example: Opening Tournament: Round IV: Game 1: Haladur, possibly in different fonts, sizes, and colors).

Also, what if the images of the units moved toward the center a little bit, and there was a black (vertical) bar where I could put the orbs (so room for 4 spots).

I really like the background you have there (and the map in the top left is a nice touch). My only real complaint with it is that it seems a little busy on the left, and it's a bit hard to distinguish between the background and the dreadcharger. I wonder if there's any way you can increase the fade to white (or even black?) in such a way that the units pop out a bit more? Or you could even do like a solid color triangle that sort of splits the scene (so it divides the screen into 3 triangle--2 solid colors where the units are, and 1 upside-down that looks like it does now. The boundary would go from the top left corner to the bottom center, to the top right corner). 

But idk if any of that would look good. Just some suggestions! :)

Oh, and can you include somewhere to write "Commentary by:" ? Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Eirias said:

@lFrostAvatar

That looks great! How does it look if we switch the places of "VS" and "BFR?" And maybe use a different font for Day IV and Haladur?

Or what if the map name (in a different color font? Maybe gold in a black box?) goes where BFR is now, and BFR goes to the top of the screen, sort of overlapping with the border. Then all of the "setting" info could go at the top (Example: Opening Tournament: Round IV: Game 1: Haladur, possibly in different fonts, sizes, and colors).

Also, what if the images of the units moved toward the center a little bit, and there was a black (vertical) bar where I could put the orbs (so room for 4 spots).

I really like the background you have there (and the map in the top left is a nice touch). My only real complaint with it is that it seems a little busy on the left, and it's a bit hard to distinguish between the background and the dreadcharger. I wonder if there's any way you can increase the fade to white (or even black?) in such a way that the units pop out a bit more? Or you could even do like a solid color triangle that sort of splits the scene (so it divides the screen into 3 triangle--2 solid colors where the units are, and 1 upside-down that looks like it does now. The boundary would go from the top left corner to the bottom center, to the top right corner). 

But idk if any of that would look good. Just some suggestions! :)

Oh, and can you include somewhere to write "Commentary by:" ? Thanks!

I will try my best based on your suggestions, give me some time and i will send you the new version :)
About the Font colours, i thought white works the best.
Since i suppose that it would otherwise look like a rainbow land ;P

1 minute ago, lFrostAvatar said:

Since i suppose that it would otherwise look like a rainbow land ;P

Well, I meant like different shades of white, black, and gold. So not completely different colors, just slightly different so that you know they're not all the same. But perhaps just changing size/font is enough :)

Just now, Eirias said:

Well, I meant like different shades of white, black, and gold. So not completely different colors, just slightly different so that you know they're not all the same. But perhaps just changing size/font is enough :)

Well, i am trying to progress now step by step, showing you version after version.
So i can focus precisely on one aspect that isnt perfect, to make it flawless.
That said, the next version might not inlcude the changed font, but i am fixing now another problem that you mentioned, make sure to behold the new version soon!