Thumbnails for Replays

Eirias

Hey, is anyone good with photoshop or other graphic designs? I'm looking for a way to do thumbnails, because I think the lack of them really hurts the channels (or, it will when we try to get new people interested)

So can anyone get some kind of images that I could use to signify different players? I suppose t1 units would be the best (archers, perhaps, so SS, MA, WW, and forsaken?), although the best-case scenario would be to get images of all the common PvP units, so I could put something that represents the players (like a vileblood if that was special during the match, or nox troopers if a game was won by spamming them, etc).

So can anyone help me? Here is a thumbnail creator for Super Smash Bros, to give you an idea of what I need.... 

3 hours ago, Riviute said:

maybe @Lukaznid can help you. he uses photoshop and stuff like that a lot...   Sadly i cant help you sorry :(

Sure. I love doing photoshop stuff :D

PM me or just quote me here

You do mean stuff like this right? Nox_Trooper.png.291debb0fb318794c8af8edf 

also don't worry about the weird blast thing. it looks better on backgroundNox_Trooper-0.png.955cca26ba1fe94171eaf7

3 hours ago, Lukaznid said:

Sure. I love doing photoshop stuff :D

PM me or just quote me here

You do mean stuff like this right? Nox_Trooper.png.291debb0fb318794c8af8edf 

also don't worry about the weird blast thing. it looks better on backgroundNox_Trooper-0.png.955cca26ba1fe94171eaf7

Sure! Looks good :)

26 minutes ago, Eirias said:

How many is reasonable?

Idk, depends on the quality you want them to be, if it's just "recognisable" then that's easiy, if you want them to be detailed and not pixelated and such it takes a bit longer. Give me a couple to start with and I'll do them whenever I can :)

2 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Idk, depends on the quality you want them to be, if it's just "recognisable" then that's easiy, if you want them to be detailed and not pixelated and such it takes a bit longer. Give me a couple to start with and I'll do them whenever I can :)

Thumbnails are relatively small. Will a not pixelated version be very much different to a pixelated one that you can really see the difference? The same with the details.

3 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Thumbnails are relatively small. Will a not pixelated version be very much different to a pixelated one that you can really see the difference? The same with the details.

Oooooh, I didn't read it properly. Ok whatever then, sure.

10 minutes ago, BionicReaper said:

Liek everyone ignored my message above..... #FeelsBadMan :'(

If I cast a replay of you and someone makes a watermelon, yeah, I'll put it in the thumbnail.

@Lukaznid

Could you start with scavenger, dreadcharger, master archers, sunstriders, windweavers, dryad, forsaken, war eagle, juggernaut, harvester, Lost grigori, burrower, and brannoc? Those are probably the most iconic PvP units.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Eirias said:

If I cast a replay of you and someone makes a watermelon, yeah, I'll put it in the thumbnail.

@Lukaznid

Could you start with scavenger, dreadcharger, master archers, sunstriders, windweavers, dryad, forsaken, war eagle, juggernaut, harvester, Lost grigori, burrower, and brannoc? Those are probably the most iconic PvP units.

Thanks!

Sure, btw what size would you need them to be?

48 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Sure, btw what size would you need them to be?

Well, the thumbnails would be 1920 x 1080, so however size you think would balance well. :)

I'm also taking suggestions on the thumbnails. I'm thinking a simple BFR logo in the middle, with some kind of line and the names of the players and their unit of choice :). Any other suggestions?

I really like MVG's thumbnails for SSB4 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_dkX2_MJZeiYZImFN8AOvg/videos

40 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Well, the thumbnails would be 1920 x 1080, so however size you think would balance well. :)

I'm also taking suggestions on the thumbnails. I'm thinking a simple BFR logo in the middle, with some kind of line and the names of the players and their unit of choice :). Any other suggestions?

I really like MVG's thumbnails for SSB4 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_dkX2_MJZeiYZImFN8AOvg/videos

Ok they're not that difficult to make, just be aware that BF art isn't that big pixel wise. It was meant for cards so :P I mean the scavenger is 500x500 or something
Scavenger.png.eacdfd6d40d1197c1812808eab btw too much glow around?

7 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Now that you mention that, I never noticed that too :P 

@Lukaznid By the way, is it just me or does his right claw not have a proper red glow ?

6 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I think the light source is on the left, so the left glows more than the right (because that is the shadow side)... it looks like that, don't know if that was intended

Pretty much what silencekiller said. The artwork has context so the lighting is odd when you cut out the thingy.
Artwork_Scavenger.jpg.b550d8399b91d6ea89Scavenger.png.98ea0a877ba4bc561a8bb7f69c If you see what I mean

Anyway I think this really only goes for fire, maybe nature units, but probably not shadow or frost. Definitely not frost. I tried it and it looked just really bad.
Master_Archers-0.png.6cf1cc2fc5651f4094b It's really hard to get those bloody crossbow strings. Master_Archers-0.jpg.b23182fd0d887d5544d

19 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Ok they're not that difficult to make, just be aware that BF art isn't that big pixel wise. It was meant for cards so :P I mean the scavenger is 500x500 or something
Scavenger.png.eacdfd6d40d1197c1812808eab btw too much glow around?

What about these ones ? i took your one and edit it, hope your fine with that.
Guess that would work for thumbnails, got two ones here, as one is easier for the eyes (which might become handy for thumbnails), where the other one is straight up rendered on higher resolution.
What do you think about that?

scavenger render.png

scavenger render 2.png

Just now, lFrostAvatar said:

What about these ones ? i took your one and edit it, hope your fine with that.
Guess that would work for thumbnails, got two ones here, as one is easier for the eyes (which might become handy for thumbnails), where the other one is straight up rendered on higher resolution.
What do you think about that?

scavenger render.png

scavenger render 2.png

I don't mind :) The first one looks nice.
Btw which filter did you use if any?