Yogababa

then on another topic, what about army specialties like what an army you usually have most of the time,

my armies generally consist of mostly melee infantry with little ranged, just  enough for a flank, and at least 1 cavalry unit for the stab in the back

• 2 months later...

I've been playing RTS games since I was 6 years old. Once I got my own computer back in 2004 I could play RTS games often. And often were they played. Very often. C&C Generals: Zero Hour, Urban Assault, Total Annihilation, C&C Red Alert, C&C Red Alert 2, KKND2:Krossfire and Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne especially.

Once SR hits Open Beta I am going to use all my skills and experience from my 13 years of gaming into play. Gonna be fun!

Edited by Yakamaru

StarCraft 2 - Arcade Maps and I am at the 3th Single Player Campaign.

Also I have played: Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 (I remember I havent finished the last campaign of Frozen Thrones).

All C&Cs until and including Tiberian Sun (I just dont like the modern C&Cs).

BattleZone 1 & 2, if you want to call them RTS ;).

well it wasnt a rts that filled the spot.

did came to BF over a friend from RPG Aion and so i did go back to RPG Aion and later to Blade and Soul. those RPG are timerobbery games you can spend 8 hour a day and u will never reach the end because the new update is allredy out

Edited by Asraiel

On 23/03/2017 at 1:18 PM, Phoenix313 said:

StarCraft 2 - Arcade Maps and I am at the 3th Single Player Campaign.

Also I have played: Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 (I remember I havent finished the last campaign of Frozen Thrones).

All C&Cs until and including Tiberian Sun (I just dont like the modern C&Cs).

BattleZone 1 & 2, if you want to call them RTS ;).

Good choices!
TibSun was fun, but I also liked Red Alert 2 back then...
Battlezone 1 & 2 are one of the best by far.
Have a look at Majesty (the original, not the second iteration) if you haven't already.

Sadly there aren't any current RTS games worth their salt so Battleforge should do quite well.

Impossible Creatures, Paraworld, Supreme Commander 2, Stellaris, Cultures 8th wonder and Northland, Starcraft 2, War for the Overworld, Homeworld, HoMM V and Total War: Warhammer!

Also nice to see that someone else knows Impossible Creatures! Felt like I was the only one knowing it! :D

And don't judge me on supreme commander 2. I like it more than the first one for some reason! :D

Well Speaking of RTS Games I've been playing

- Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation

- Act of Aggression

- Various Command And Conquer Games

- And of course Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos/Frozen Throne Expansion

@Kiwibaum I think SC2 is Awesome, a bit simplified in comparison to Supreme Commander & the Standalone expansion Forged Alliance But otherwise Good choice :D

• 3 months later...

In the past im playing heroes of might and magic 3 again, but not the HD version from steam, an unofficial mod together the mod horn of the abyss which adds a complete new faction to the game, the pirates. (Ofc its still turn based strategy but a really good one)

Also for all those who loved Command and Conquer, maybe take a look at 8-Bit Armies, you can find it on steam. Pretty fun game though.

I was a big fan of the first Arena Wars, Paraworld and the first Lord of the rings battle for middle earth, but its really tough to find one of these, Paraworld got really expensive... Maybe if one of you guys know where to get these 3, pls tell me :)

Edited by Riviute

• 1 month later...
On 13/07/2017 at 0:47 PM, Riviute said:

I was a big fan of the first Arena Wars, Paraworld and the first Lord of the rings battle for middle earth, but its really tough to find one of these, Paraworld got really expensive... Maybe if one of you guys know where to get these 3, pls tell me :)

You can get all three from old-games.com. My advice is to make a list of games you want - including the three you mentioned above - then pay the $6 for a 24 hour unlimited download slot.

Unless you don't mind waiting hours or days per game.