Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • InsaneHawk

      Join our Discord !   05/04/17

      We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Riviute

Fan Art: The sword of the Lost Warlord

33 posts in this topic

Hello Skylords :D

Finally its done, today id like to participate in the BFR Contest --> FanArt. I just thought: well i cant draw, i cant program, cant compose and i have no experience of making a video.

 But i figured out that FanArt doesnt mean it has to be a picture, its just Art. So i decided to make THIS! (sadly i cant upload the pictures directly)

http://imgur.com/a/WgFVj

This sword weighs around 27 pounds, is made of steel and is 1,2 meter long. It is NOT sharp because of safety reasons.

To create this blade it took me around 20 hours if i dont include the drying time of the varnish.

On this pic you can see it without the varnish and that it is made of steel. Maybe you can see it, on the right there is my hand and i had problems holding it with only one hand cause its kinda heavy.

http://imgur.com/a/1U801

How i made it:

Sadly i have to admit that i never learned to use a forge. (which would fit even better). So i just took severel pieces of steel and welded them together, then i cuttet it into a raw shape. After that i grinded the whole blade, that was the most stressfull part of that. So i nearly cuttet, welded, grinded, bended around 18 hours until the form was finished.

Then i get to the varnish part. That actually took the most time cause you always had to wait until its dry. I started with the grounding to make sure that the blade wont rust. Then i coloured the whole thing light blue. Waited again then used adhesive strips to protect the "arrow". Then came the black over all of that and then just removed the strips. To make sure that the Varnish wont go off i used clear coat to protect the colours.

The last part was to use black duct tape for a better anti slip effect at the hold.

http://imgur.com/a/YWT8x

Now before you tell me what you think about that, i have to admit that im not soo happy with blue paint. In my opinion is has to be more bright. Also the spikes at the holder might not be correct.

lostsouls_overlord%20final.jpg

 

Well thats it from my side :) Thanks for reading that much text. See you in the forge :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very original and different entry, nice job on that. Besides the two spikes on the sword handle, are the two small spikes in the middle of the sword not a bit too far down? Or maybe the top part of the sword in general is a bit too long ? Also, have you thought about adding a bit of detail to the sword/ use some different shades of colors ?

Nonetheless, nicely done! :shadoworb::frostorb:

PS: Too bad it isn't sharp or else you could make one of those videos where you see people slicing watermelons to test their swords :watermelon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThomasMann said:

Why can't I make anything good? 

But it is very nice dude. 5 :watermelon: out of 5 

NO WATERMELONS 0/10 ( :kappa: )

6 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Too bad it isn't sharp or else you could make one of those videos where you see people slicing watermelons to test their swords :watermelon:

"Awe me: Man at arms" does that (I cri everytim :'( )

Edited by BionicReaper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Very original and different entry, nice job on that. Besides the two spikes on the sword handle, are the two small spikes in the middle of the sword not a bit too far down? Or maybe the top part of the sword in general is a bit too long ? Also, have you thought about adding a bit of detail to the sword/ use some different shades of colors ?

Nonetheless, nicely done! :shadoworb::frostorb:

PS: Too bad it isn't sharp or else you could make one of those videos where you see people slicing watermelons to test their swords :watermelon:

I made the handle this ways cause it wasnt so clear on the picture i had. Details for the sword yea normally i should do them but im not very precise with work like that, so i maybe would ruin the whole thing.

Got that idea already but i dont have a camera or something with good qualitiy. To sharp the blade you also have to be pretty precise, otherwise the blade would be thick there and thin here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Riviute said:

Got that idea already but i dont have a camera or something with good qualitiy. To sharp the blade you also have to be pretty precise, otherwise the blade would be thick there and thin here.

Well, I don't think you really need it that sharp since it's so heavy it would probably just smash the whole watermelon :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ladadoos said:

Well, I don't think you really need it that sharp since it's so heavy it would probably just smash the whole watermelon :P 

yea i think so too, i can barely hold it with one hand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy smokes I definitely wasn't expecting this! The sheer amount of work that must have gone into making this is gigantic. Awesome job man! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Holy smokes I definitely wasn't expecting this! The sheer amount of work that must have gone into making this is gigantic. Awesome job man! :D

Tanks buddy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Riviute said:

It is NOT sharp because of safety reasons.

When fire army attacks you, you want defend yourself becouse you could hurt them?

You can upload image here on forum, no needed on imgur ♥

NICE JOB IT IS AWESOME :frostorb::frostorb::shadoworb::shadoworb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dallarian said:

When fire army attacks you, you want defend yourself becouse you could hurt them?

You can upload image here on forum, no needed on imgur ♥

NICE JOB IT IS AWESOME :frostorb::frostorb::shadoworb::shadoworb:

Sadly i couldnt, i tried it but the images were too big even after resizing, dont know why :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Riviute Make Lost Warlord's cospley, use internet camera (if you get 480p that is enough, 720p would be great), make it blade sharp, destroy some watermelons, get it on video and enter Video Creation category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend is making armor whole vacations ... don't do armor, just make similar cloths to him and add some special effects ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ladadoos  Btw, in the beginning the blade was longer than now, at that point the spikes (which are now in the middle) were closer to the top. But i had to make the blade shorter, it was too heavy then. I dont wanted to replace the spikes cause were already in correct shape and especially they fall in line with blade. So it stayed that way then.

 

Actually i wanted to create the Overlords blade but that giant gem and the colours troubled me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Riviute said:

Actually i wanted to create the Overlords blade but that giant gem and the colours troubled me.

It's quite difficult to see the sword on the card. Did you use that as reference or did you find something else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just used the image at the beginning of this topic and this one here

 

latest?cb=20090812024548

(sadly in both of them is the top spike unseen, at the beginning i missed that, than saw a video where and overlord appeared and added the spike afterwards)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, you used the artwork and didn't look at the card itself. Here you can more clearly see the sword, true. If you ever need a close-up of something you could also ask me :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.8.2016 at 10:53 AM, BionicReaper said:

NO WATERMELONS 0/10 ( :kappa: )

"Awe me: Man at arms" does that (I cri everytim :'( )

You mean if i would have brought in more watermelons, i would get more reps?! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Riviute said:

You mean if i would have brought in more watermelons, i would get more reps?! ;)

Yeah.............. BUT NEGATIVE REPS FOR THE WATERMELON SLAUGHTER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I die for a while and my hunting buddy makes an awesome Sword, AMAZING JOB MAN, LOOKS AWESOME :shadoworb::shadoworb::frostorb::frostorb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now