Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Lord NullPointer

The New Cardbase and More

Hey guys,

I have a question about the cardbase.

Is the Description of the Card with all the passive and active abilitys as well as the damage for the standard card or is it for the upgraded card?

Right now I go through all the cards (4-5 a day) just to get a feeling for them and I'm not sure how to evaluate them without that drop of knowledge^^.

Thanks,

Tam

1 minute ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Is the Description of the Card with all the passive and active abilitys as well as the damage for the standard card or is it for the upgraded card?

Those should be the standard values. The upgrades section describes what is changed to those initial values after upgrading.

1 hour ago, Tam Hawkins said:

Hey guys,

I have a question about the cardbase.

Right now I go through all the cards (4-5 a day) just to get a feeling for them and I'm not sure how to evaluate them without that drop of knowledge^^.

Thanks,

Tam

If you're trying to get a basic feel for the card, my deckbuilding guide gives a brief overview of what each card is useful for (not really abilities or anything, but it might help you see what cards are frequently used in PvP and why)

Thank you for this new site and the work you have pulled into it. However, if you really plan on replacing AllCards eventually, there is no other way than to copy the filter system of AllCards and perhaps even build upon it.

Granted, some filtering options will become rather uninteresting (like edition or rarity), since this changes with BFR.
However, filtering by tier, counters and size is an absolute must. Same applies to making individual colour combinations. Just sorting by one kind of "colour" is appropriate for a type of gallery, but does not reflect the use case of AllCards. The typical use case is to get the range of available cards for X combination of colours, probably with filters concerning counters, tier and unit size.

But since this is all built upon the same database, this could/should go a step further and also let's you choose which upgrade level you are comparing these cards. And honestly, there should also be a way to switch display mode of attack values. Most ranged attack values are wrong and that's a fact. The true damage can easily be calculated with the numbers given by the description. With a well-designed database structure this should be no issue.

I don't know if that was what you intended anyway and you probably just have other priorities, but I found it important to mention it. Also, if help is wanted in regard I can offer my assistance. I don't have a lot of spare time, but I think I could do a couple of things in this regard to unburden you by some weight in this matter. Well, as long as this is not writtein JavaScript, I simply refuse working in this language.

looks like a high quality site and its a real treat to see all these cards in a lovely, non pixalated, quality and resolution.

Great job keep it up

Edited by DerFahrrad

I like the changes and the features in the card base!

Without sounding critical or unnappreciative, Is there any intentions of adding an additional filter for orb requirements? Like 1 orb, 2 orb, 3 orb and 4 orb? additional filters for colourless and legendary cards? and rarity?

Love the great work! Keep it up!

@Ragenarok

On 26.8.2016 at 11:46 AM, Lord NullPointer said:

After many hours of work I present to you, a work in progress, Cardbase.

On 26.8.2016 at 11:46 AM, Lord NullPointer said:

An overview of all cards with appropriate filters available (will improve)

I think this should awnser your question.

Considering this takes some time to finish why is allbfcards still offline? Its currently the superior tool for everything besides upgrades and I would really like to be able to use it again. 

6 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

Considering this takes some time to finish why is allbfcards still offline? Its currently the superior tool for everything besides upgrades and I would really like to be able to use it again. 

It is not offline, you have yet to click on the top right of your browser at a Shield Symbol and have to allow a uncertain script. At least in Chrome

Edit: In Modzilla Firefox it is left (The lock)

Edited by ImperatorSK

Can you add the option to open cards in a new tab (through clicking middle mouse button)?

Would make it much easier to navigate through multiple ones. Right now you can only click on a card, it opens in he same window and when going back you have to sort through the entire list again.

Hi,

first of all the cardBase looks pretty cool.

Over the past few days I used it a lot but I always encountered the same annoying thing. Maybe I just didnt found the button.

If i filter the cards and then select one for further information I am in the detailed view. Then most of the time I want to go back to my filtered view but thats not possible there is no back button and I cant use the browser back. If that would work or if there is already a button I would be very happy.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Greetings from

Gant

4 hours ago, Gant said:

Hi,

Over the past few days I used it a lot but I always encountered the same annoying thing. Maybe I just didnt found the button.

If i filter the cards and then select one for further information I am in the detailed view. Then most of the time I want to go back to my filtered view but that's not possible there is no back button and I cant use the browser back. If that would work or if there is already a button I would be very happy.

Greetings from

Gant

I had the same problem as well when sorting some back ground stuff out for the project. Unfortunately the developers are mainly focusing on the game code and not the cardbase right now, but the issue is known. Sorry I can't help any further.

On 02/06/2017 at 11:11 AM, Gant said:

Hi,

If i filter the cards and then select one for further information I am in the detailed view. Then most of the time I want to go back to my filtered view but thats not possible there is no back button and I cant use the browser back. If that would work or if there is already a button I would be very happy.

Greetings from

Gant

You can use @ICE s cardbase at http://www.bafocards.eu