Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Lord NullPointer

The New Cardbase and More

Hey everyone,

After many hours of work I present to you, a work in progress, Cardbase.

http://cardbase.bfreborn.com

In its current state, the following things are available:

• An overview of all cards with appropriate filters available (will improve)
  • An overview of all maps
  • Details for each card (Including data like upgrade and ability information)
  • Details for each map (Including data like loot tables, descriptions, minimaps and even walkthroughs)
  • A JSON API for all the data above. For details: 

This will expand overtime adding more information like lore and characters.

My goal with this site is to have one point of information, instead of dividing it over different sites like AllCards and wikis.

Now add credits where credits are due.

• Thanks to @MrXLink for filling the database with data that I could not extract automatically or was incorrect.
    For any future changes to the actual data of the site you can contact  MrXLink.
    • EDIT by MrXLink: Thanks from me to @Kiwi for having ideas which resulted in me working along with this.
  • Thanks to @Dawn for the existing AllCards database, yes, I ripped your google drive file, it was a major pain.

Here's an example page for Guns of Lyr

e63d32c95b7339be683bd3af26510c67.jpg

UPDATE 2016-10-08:

Stonekin and Bandit added to the Color filter.

Edited by Lord NullPointer
Added thanks to Kiwi, she honestly deserves it.
BrinCorrian likes this

The background looks really cool, but for the cards, I feel like it's too busy. I think I prefer the layout of allcards, with just a plain black background and no space between cards. I also like the deck-saving aspect of allcards, but I suspect that is coming soon to cardbase :)

Oh, and clicking on the card for more information is fantastic!

This may perhaps be too picky, but another thing that would be really cool IMO is when you're looking at the upgrades of the card, you can click on a specific upgrade (say U2) and the image will update to the U2 image of that card (so you can see the new stats, because sometimes that makes more sense than seeing something like +1 damage per archer and doing the math for each upgrade).

Also, some sort of "back" or "return to previous page" button would be cool, because the back arrow doesn't work.

BrinCorrian likes this

Looks pretty nice, good job on it. Besides what Eirias mentioned, maybe you could change the way the 'upgrade' section is displayed on the promo cards since they don't have upgrades and it's a rather empty/useless section. Also, the promo cards don't have any description, at least the few I saw.

I really like this, found one mistake tho, when you click on Amii monument and read the descriptions of the abilitys, the Frost and Fire orbs are swapped ;D

Looks great so far but I see a potential for improvement. Of course the site will be subject to change.

IMO the minimap for each map should be larger. I know that the files don't have a higher resolution available but it would still be nice to have a bigger image (even if it's a bit more pixelated).
If the minimap images need some smoothing because they are too pixelated you can always ask me or someone else with PS experience to help out.

Currently one can't filter for e.g. Stonekin. I guess this is one of the parts still under construction but I'd suggest to change the filter system to a point-and-click similar to what allcards has (but it isn't working well there). I'll just try to go over everything I think should/could be changed real quick:

1. Card Type should be point-and-click
  2. Color should be point-and-click, letting someone decide a primary and secondary color.
    For example :fireorb::natureorb: will show every Twilight card, :natureorb::natureorb: will show every pure Nature card, :neutralorb::neutralorb: will show every Legendary card, :natureorb::neutralorb: will show every card with at least one Nature orb.
  3. Affinity isn't a necessary filter IMO as there are only two per card. I never looked for cards based  on their affinity and I honestly doubt there are many people who do. The only reason I see for this filter are the Crystal cards (e.g. Shadow Crystal) which isn't much of a reason IMO.
  4. There should be more cards on the screen as @Eirias already mentioned. Put 5-6 cards in a single row and decrease the space between the cards. That should give a better overview when looking for a category of cards. Right now I can only fit 8 cards onto the screen at the same time. :/
  5. I liked the feature of allcards where one can also filter for attack type, unit size, etc. but I hope this will come in a future update. :)

Great job so far. Hyped to see what the future brings.

PS: I love the idea of making decks easy to share. If it's possible to share decks created online with somebody ingame (similar to 'show deck') that'd be awesome.

@Kaliber84, Many of the things you said are already on my todo list and some of the things I don't really agree with. 

Indeed most search will become point/click. This is just rushed in to give ya simple filters. Expect something similar to AllCards in the future

Not sure why you want the mini map bigger. Assuming maybe you have a small screen. I made this site with 1080p in mind (and it has a mobile scaled version). This also applies to Cards. Whcih I can make alittle smaller but I want to keep it readable, foir example on my 1080p screen I see 7 cards in a row. While I can make this size per screen, this might generate horrible results.

Edited by Lord NullPointer

17 minutes ago, Lord NullPointer said:

@Kaliber84, Many of the things you said are already on my todo list and some of the things I don't really agree with. 

Indeed most search will become point/click. This is just rushed in to give ya simple filters. Expect something similar to AllCards in the future

Not sure why you want the mini map bigger. Assuming maybe you have a small screen. I made this site with 1080p in mind (and it has a mobile scaled version). This also applies to Cards. Whcih I can make alittle smaller but I want to keep it readable, foir example on my 1080p screen I see 7 cards in a row. While I can make this size per screen, this might generate horrible results.

I don't think it's the size of the cards that's the problem, just the distance between them . . .

looks great, i only have one minor nitpick that hasn't been mentioned yet: the drop boxes are empty initially, which looks odd. maybe you could pre-initialize them with "all".

The Good:

- great UI, looks polished

- detailed description of cards when clicking on them

- background, finally something thats not plain black

The Bad:

- too simple, no option to sort cards other than by a single color and affinity

- cards take ages to load

- no deck creator

Overall: a great start but there's definitely work to be done. Looking forward to the improved version. As it is now: 5/10

Nice job. Best tool for new players.

Some minor things that needs to be changed:

Altar of Chaos (Upgrades Advanced, Expert, Standard, should be Standard, Advanced, Expert.)

Promo Fire Dancer, Juggernaut, Swamp drake, Harvester, Lyrish knight, Fallen Skyelf, Lord Cyrian, Viridya, Rogan Kayle, Construct (no ability descriptions)

Flame crystal (no ability description)
I simply can't go back to the main page by using backspace or back button, only by clicking on Cards or Maps.

Also MrXLink's Notes of Wisdom - awesome. :hype:

Edited by Strek0za

12 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Nice! Looking good. Maybe also add the powercost of abilities? 

Should already be there. Could be there are some exceptions. If it has a powercost it should be aligned right next to name somewhere

20 minutes ago, Lord NullPointer said:

Could be there are some exceptions.

The powercost is indeed there, but there are some exceptions, yeah. Like for example: Nox Trooper, Batariel, Fire Worm etc...

Also, cards like Bloodhorn, Lost Grigori etc... are missing their ability type.

18 hours ago, Lord NullPointer said:

Yeah my screen is 1360x768 until I get a bigger one. I only see 4 cards in a row and the minimap is as big as the avatar pics on the forum here. Can't really see much.
I don't know what kind of horrible results you think might happen but it would definitely be an improvement to handle things differently for resolutions of 1360x768 and smaller. I doubt that bigger resolutions need any changes.

I love how the site looks, really really nice!

The only feature I miss is that you don't get details to the card your curser is on atm. This wouldn't be to big of a deal if we would have a way to go back to the last page, but this was already mentioned :)

Looking forward to future updates! ;)<3