Battleforge Community Hearthstone Cup

Anonymos

Hey guys.

Since most of us startet to enjoy other games once Baofo was shut down im certainly sure many of us started with the blizazrd game hearthstone.

My idea is to start some kind of hearthstone tournament exclusivly for our awesome battleforge Community. Im not sure yet if it would be like once a week, monthly or a one time event.

To spice it a bit up i will do some kind of price pool for the winner (currently im thinking of  10- 15 hs-packs)

The idea is to check if there are enough ppl to participate, finding a date where most of us can affort the time (or maybe some kind of slower tournament where every round takes ~ 1 day and the players meeting in that round can schedule their match by themself)

First of all there are a few questions to check:

1. Is there Intrest in a event like that

2. Wich server should we play on (personly i would prefer EU...)

3. Any Format ideas (Bo3/ Bo5 Bans/no bans , Picking class for opponent, etc)

4. Any other ideas to add?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.  10 packs sound like very nice reward and i think some ppl could try win them (like me)

2. Most ppl here are from Germany, Netherlands, Poland and other Europe countries so i think EU could be best.

3. I dont think there are a lot of proffesional players, i dont know this formats, but if i could select class that is nice for me, that could be just fair. Or you maybe want later create tournaments in Battleforge where enemy tell me which deck i play? For me that sound little stupid.

5. Sorry for english.

6. BFR Beta soon :hypetrain:

This might be fun! (especially if this is a success and we branch out to do BF community tournaments of other games as well).

If we do this at a set time, I'm more than willing to stream/upload to YT as well (although I'm NOT a good HS player, so I'd need a good player to co-commentate).

When you make an account on another server, it doesn't save you cards from the other server, does it? In that case, I'd suggest that the tournament be a tavern brawl (if we get a good one with premade decks). Although since premade decks takes a lot of the fun away, maybe there is no interest in that. I really wish HS had some sort of "arena with friends" option where you could make a group of friends and all have the same card options in arena (except for class cards), because that would be perfect for this.

Nice idea. Depending on how many people play Hearthstone here, maybe we can even have a weekly HS tourney, that'd be great!

I would either play Conquest or Last Hero Standing (both explained here) with BO3 and BO5 for the finals. I personally prefer being able to ban one class for each format.

If we can get enough players I'd be definietly in, either as player or streamer.

10 hours ago, Dallarian said:

1.  10 packs sound like very nice reward and i think some ppl could try win them (like me)

2. Most ppl here are from Germany, Netherlands, Poland and other Europe countries so i think EU could be best.

3. I dont think there are a lot of proffesional players, i dont know this formats, but if i could select class that is nice for me, that could be just fair. Or you maybe want later create tournaments in Battleforge where enemy tell me which deck i play? For me that sound little stupid.

1. I would split them up. 1st gets 5 2nd 3 and 3rd 2.

2. Totally agree

3. I would begin the tournaments with a normal one. So no bans, no prepicks, just the typical battle. Really, only for the first one.

And also I would prefer a system like: You give the enemys of the first round and we have like 3 days to challenge each other. Something like that.

Edited by LetsEinfallslos002

7 hours ago, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

And also I would prefer a system like: You give the enemys of the first round and we have like 3 days to challenge each other. Something like that.

i guess we should wait  a few days and do some polls about formats and stuff than

Here are the 2 standarf formes of battles and tournements.

There could be also special deck building rules like only 1 legendary, 2 epics, 5 rares...something like that.

Hearthstone battle examples.pdf

Hearthstone tournement examples.pdf

Sure interest:

LetsEinfallslos002

Anonymos

Geradon

JoseAlmeida

Dallarian

Maybe:

Eirias

Shotty

Edited by LetsEinfallslos002

1 hour ago, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

Here are the 2 standarf formes of battles and tournements.

There could be also special deck building rules like only 1 legendary, 2 epics, 5 rares...something like that.

Hearthstone battle examples.pdf

Hearthstone tournement examples.pdf

Sure interest:

LetsEinfallslos002

Anonymos

Geradon

JoseAlmeida

Dallarian

I mean, I'll play if no one wants me to stream. But I'm not very good . . .

I might participate aswell. Not 100% sure tho.

Limiting Legendaries seems like a really bad idea tho. The only deck that´s really bothersome that runs alot of legendaries would be Wallet Warrior. So just run a format where the ppl can ban 1-2 decks. Other then that, most decks can get countered by some cheap decks, take a look at Zoolock for example.

@Dallarian if you disagree with me on not limiting legendaries, I´d love to know why. I´m a free to play player and own quite a lot of legendaries I could even play Wallet Warrior if I wanted to (not that I would since that deck is boring).

6 hours ago, Shotty said:

I might participate aswell. Not 100% sure tho.

Limiting Legendaries seems like a really bad idea tho. The only deck that´s really bothersome that runs alot of legendaries would be Wallet Warrior. So just run a format where the ppl can ban 1-2 decks. Other then that, most decks can get countered by some cheap decks, take a look at Zoolock for example.

@Dallarian if you disagree with me on not limiting legendaries, I´d love to know why. I´m a free to play player and own quite a lot of legendaries I could even play Wallet Warrior if I wanted to (not that I would since that deck is boring).

"Zoolock," "Wallet Warrior," and banning whole decks? What's a "deck?" HS has no orb restriction like BF. Oh boy am I out of my league here . . .

@Shotty 1. I am too f2p player, like probably a lot of here, one player play longer, one shorter, one have more time for HS one have less. We are BFR community and most things here we do for fun. For long time i haven't any legendary cards, now have just some. As everyone know legendary cards are legendary and have big influence to game. Limit them could minimalize advantage of very long playing people and paying to this that play short.

2. Ban 1-2 decks? As i told, we don't have a lot of proffesional players here, most ppl here are weak and don't have many cards. I have cards to 2 class and cause i mained them, i was destroying cards from others class to get this 2. Maybe it is stupid, but i don't have many cards so can't build decks easy. If there is 2 bans, there is 2/9 chance to ban first my deck and 1/8 to ban second one what give 2/72=1/36~ little smaller than 1%. But it can happen. If someone ban this 2 class/decks i will have to play with characters that i don't have cards, don't like play them, and can't play them. As i told before " We are BFR community and most things here we do for fun. " where is in that playing fun?

If i am wrong somewhere, please tell me that, and sorry for english.

@Dallarian  1. Legendaries don´t make a deck broken, there are many fantastic decks that run little to no legendaries like zoolock. I play a YoggSaron Fun mage deck, and I have 5 Legendaries in it and without either of them, that certain build wouldn´t work nearly aswell. Everything to do with limiting legendaries would limit creativity.

2.I don´t have fun playing 20 min+ games vs Control Warrior because it bores me. So where is the fun for me when I can´t ban Warrior because it´s either brainless Face Warrior or Reno Control Warrior which both are really boring for me to play against. I´d rather play against 20 zoolocks in a row rather then facing a single warrior.

Banning decks would work like this btw: A: a player bans a class from an opponent from the start. B: both players bring X differnt decks, both players can ban 1 from the opponent.

@Eirias  Zoolock is the Warlock which runs many small and synergistic minions. Wallet Warrior (aka Reno Warrior) is a Warrior deck that not rarely runs 7+ legendarys 4+ Epics. the games vs this deck often take 20 mins+ because Wallet warrior players pretty much always let their turn time expire.

All that being said, an entirely differnt option would be doing a similar format to the Challengestone format which was there a while back. Not that I´d be entirely for running a format like that, but I think it´d solve alot of problems.

1 hour ago, Shotty said:

So where is the fun for me when I can´t ban Warrior because it´s either brainless Face Warrior or Reno Control Warrior which both are really boring for me to play against. 

Or, you know, the warrior of someone who doesn't know what he's doing. Like my dad's divine shield warrior . . .

. . . which he's beaten me with . . .

2 hours ago, LetsEinfallslos002 said:

A dump question: How do you give packs away ingame?

not a dumb question at all. The packs would probably come in form of some promo codes which can be activated on the battle.net webpage.

@Eirias  Well, I´d just prefer to ban warrior since I dislike the entire class and every half way decent deck that class ever spawned. That´s why I´d personally prefer the option to ban a deck/class. I dont say that everyone must agree with this or anything ;D

Alternativly I´d like to suggest the format where everyone brings 4-5 decks and needs to win with all of them once.

Edited by Shotty

43 minutes ago, Shotty said:

Alternativly I´d like to suggest the format where everyone brings 4-5 decks and needs to win with all of them once.

How many people even have 4-5 decks? I have like 2 . . . maybe 3 with the new expansion.

I think the problem here is that the BF community is at wildly different skill levels in HS.

Just now, Eirias said:

How many people even have 4-5 decks? I have like 2 . . . maybe 3 with the new expansion.

I think the problem here is that the BF community is at wildly different skill levels in HS.

Sadly that´s a problem that no "kinda fair and competetive" format really can evade. If you have an idea which sounds fun and fair while still ignoring skill level, be my guest to talk about it.

I now suggested 2 formats.

1. 4-5 decks everyone bans 1-2 so we get down to 3 and then every deck has to win once.

2. Something similar to challenge stone (look it up)

and afterall, those are even suggestions with even knowing if we would be playing Wild or Standard.

I´d like to hear @Anonymos opinion on this.

5 hours ago, JoseAlmeida said:

I will honestly just play anything because I dont really know what is good or what is bad on the meta these days... Just tell me the rules there will be when everything is decided and I will make a new deck

I agree. I won´t be playing meta aswell in case I participate, I´ll rather bring my fun to play decks ;D