Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
InsaneHawk

BFR Contest - 4 Categories, 12+ Winners !

21 minutes ago, InsaneHawk said:

12) The prize will not be transferable to anyone else

Highly unlikely anyone will do this, but imagine: I already have access to the Forge. If I would participate I would want someone else to receive it. What if I made something and just sent it to my buddy who I want to give access and just have him send you the created content? If he wins, you'll think he made it and he receives access. I basically transfered the prize here. 

Edited by Ladadoos

1 minute ago, Ladadoos said:

Highly unlikely anyone will do this, but imagine: I already have access to the Forge. If I would participate I would want someone else to receive it. What if I made something and just sent it to my buddy who I want to give access and just have him send you the created content? If he wins, you'll think he made it and he receives access. I basically transfered the prize here. 

Everyone is on his own as we said, if you wish to help him, we have no control on that. :) But other people that don't have access will participate for themselves, unlike you, since you already have it

Just now, InsaneHawk said:

Everyone is on his own as we said, if you wish to help him, we have no control on that. :) But other people that don't have access will participate for themselves, unlike you, since you already have it

Well yeah, looking from the perspective of a player without access already this doesn't really matter. Alright, was just curious.

3 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

I was actually thinking about it as well, I would love to have one of my friends in the Beta, but still, rules are rules. If you however give someone your work, it doesn't sound exactly against the rules

6 minutes ago, Dzodin said:

Well that is bad that i suck at everything :(

You can still try up something ! Who knows ? Our official trailer was made by some members that at start, didn't know anything about trailer making, look at the result :P 

4 minutes ago, Dzodin said:

And btw how can i send you or show the video?

Information : When you completed your work and wish to send it to us to participate into this contest, send me a private message, directly on the forum
and don't forget to give me a link where I can download your work and the categorie you're participating in !

Well... I'm gonna do some photoshop stuff then! Ideas are welcome I guess :) But I will definitely give this a go!

E: Is this even allowed? And if so in what category does it go in?

E2: And what exactly do you mean by "development"

Edited by Lukaznid

9 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

Well... I'm gonna do some photoshop stuff then! Ideas are welcome I guess :) But I will definitely give this a go!

E: Is this even allowed? And if so in what category does it go in?

E2: And what exactly do you mean by "development"

I would say that Photoshop falls under fan art... doesn't fit anywhere else really :)

Development.. I would call that anything you code, do on a computer in order for it to work on a computer etc. - programs, games, apps...

1 hour ago, InsaneHawk said:

5) You may use your own work from any older contests as long as they fulfill rules number 2 and 3. 

Good of you to include this. I meant to ask during the stream, but there is no need for prodding you anymore. Several guys have made an effort to create some undoubtedly neat media during the past year (mostly videos and art) and I'd like to see them participate.

Please don't forget to announce the closing date (once you see the light at the end of the tunnel) in ample time so that everyone is clear on the deadline.

Perhaps you should expand upon the fourth category (development) to avoid further ambiguity regarding this subject. Are you looking for intellectual projects and ideas, applications, and/or proof of concepts?

Just now, anonyme0273 said:

I would say that Photoshop falls under fan art... doesn't fit anywhere else really :)

Development.. I would call that anything you code, do on a computer in order for it to work on a computer etc. - programs, games, apps...

Ha! I can easily do development then as well. Currently deciding whether I should draw, photoshop or code. All have the potential of being fun! Hmmm... I don't know to be honest. I might give drawing a go, and if that fails I'll do either photoshop or an app for which I already have an idea for. Wish me luck :D 

1 minute ago, Lukaznid said:

Ha! I can easily do development then as well. Currently deciding whether I should draw, photoshop or code. All have the potential of being fun! Hmmm... I don't know to be honest. I might give drawing a go, and if that fails I'll do either photoshop or an app for which I already have an idea for. Wish me luck :D 

Here, wishin' you luck ^^ 

Another question... kind of a dumb one but anyways: What if one section has only 3 entries, does it mean they will all win access? Regardless of how good it was, since they're top 3.

2 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Another question... kind of a dumb one but anyways: What if one section has only 3 entries, does it mean they will all win access? Regardless of how good it was, since they're top 3.

I guess that means that yeah, they're the ones xD

There are a few other questions I have to ask:

1. Is there a limit to how much one can post?

2. If the first answer is none, then can they be in multiple categories?

3. If the first answer is yes, can you post, say, one per each category?

4. Until when is this contest open? And when can we expect to know the answers?

I'm only asking this because I have a drawing ready, only needs to be coloured and shadows need to be added. But I don't know if this is the drawing I want to post if I'm limited to one post.

Also I would like to suggest that all entries are all listed in one post, just so they're easy to find. :) E: I'm willing to find and update such a list if you're interested. I could update it a couple of times per day or so.

Edited by Lukaznid

2 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

I'm only asking this because I have a drawing ready, only needs to be coloured and shadows need to be added. But I don't know if this is the drawing I want to post if I'm limited to one post.

Well that was quick :P 

1 hour ago, Ladadoos said:

That's it ^^ Unless one of them doesn't respect the rules we fixed.

55 minutes ago, Lukaznid said:

There are a few other questions I have to ask:

1. Is there a limit to how much one can post?

2. If the first answer is none, then can they be in multiple categories?

3. If the first answer is yes, can you post, say, one per each category?

4. Until when is this contest open? And when can we expect to know the answers?

Also I would like to suggest that all entries are all listed in one post, just so they're easy to find. :) E: I'm willing to find and update such a list if you're interested. I could update it a couple of times per day or so.

1, 2 & 3) You can only post in 1 work per categorie ! I may add that to the rules so it's clear for everyone.

4) This contest is open until the CBT Announcement !

50 minutes ago, Czechmate23 said:

What is the Deadline for the contests? I am going to be very busy I just want to make sure i can put aside the time for this. 

Like I said upped, "This contest is open until the CBT Announcement !" :)