Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dallarian

More factions!

Dear Devs/Mods/Admins/ :mrxlink:

You can't stop :hypetrain: that you started!

There are more and more ideas for new factions to BF like air elementals, frost/fire, sanders and many more. Community probably won't stop image more races, spells, units, ideas.

Why we shouldn't give them a chance for live? I know you are busy, working/studing, and also have BFR to finish.

But when the game will be ready you could do something that exist in Starcraft 2. BF Map Editor probably don't contain this options, but in SC2's you can use your own graphic models, create own skills, new units and use custom music/sounds. Starcraft 2 also have arcade room where everyone can public his own map, and community can play it. Becouse of this option, community created big games, like new RPG with over 20-30 hours of story, pvp, guilds, raids and things like that (RPG in RTS!). Power of community is great and OP. 

Could you give to Battleforge editor ( when the game will be ready ) option to use custom textures, sounds and more,  and also create something for custom maps? It could give way to make ideas real, and maybe in future BFR will get a new expansion? If agree, you could create new section for BFR ideas where ppl could improve ideas, and then create a new faction to game.

What you think about that?

Sorry for bad english, thanks if you have read that to the end.

40 minutes ago, Dallarian said:

Starcraft 2 also have arcade room where everyone can public his own map, and community can play it.

As far as I know you can already create your own maps and have them added to the game, not sure if it works differently this time around and if it violates the rules.

6 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

As far as I know you can already create your own maps and have them added to the game, not sure if it works differently this time around and if it violates the rules.

I mean maps with custome textures and units.

For developing/creating 3D models (of for example new units, spells) you would need someone who knows this stuff. I think that kind of work is pretty different from what the developers are doing right now (please correct me if i am worng...).

• How could those 3D models be created?
    • What kind of data-type is required to bring it into the game database?
    • Are there any tools for creating these 3D models?
  • Is there anyone who already did some work with 3D modeling and is willing to work on it?

Just some ideas on the topic... Maybe that kind of work could be seperated from the developing process of the servers/client and once the server are up and running those newly created units could be integrated into the game.

@Falkum Devs could just give option to add custom 3D textures, and ppl from community (that want and can) could create 3D textures without any help from devs.

@Dallarian Well but i think we could already start working on it. A lot of work could be done before the work of the devs start.

1) First you need to say what orb combo you wanna built the faction for. (Maybe with a vote?)

2) A new faction would need a typical characteristic. E.g. Fire-Frost was discussed a lot here. (Just as an example, because i have read it in the forum:) All fire-frost units could suffer from DoT and your main goal in controlling this faction is to control this DoT. Most spells should be made to sustaine this DoT and work with it. It is very important, that you can distinct the playstyle between the new faction and old ones!

3) After finding the characteristics of a new faction, you could start working on units/spells/buildings. There are already some people working on cards in this thread:

4) Balancing would be tricky but i think the community has a lot knowledge of the game - so a lot of balancing could be done before implementing any new cards.

--------

I think until this point the devs don't need to do anything. When we realy pulled it of to build a new faction then we can see if this faction is worth implementing in the game and speak with the devs.

Hi @all,

how about we get started with this? What orb-combo for the new factions could be up for the vote? Fire-frost, natur-shadow? Or maybe a new faction for pure colours or orb-combos that already exist? I think creating Fire-Frost oder Nature-Shadow would be easier to balance...

@Dallarian would be nice hear your thoughts on this.

20 minutes ago, pajasin said:

as i was thinking about this i get idea about fire frost and that would be some steam machine :D

Interesting idea maybe we can further that with abilities of fire frost(steam) to create temporary fog of wars on the map. That would be hella op in pvp though so maybe just make it harder to see(partial fog) not the full fog like in pve :P 

Also, another idea could be:

Fire-Frost: The steam Engine. It will be steam engine like faction, with robots and so on. The typical attribute of a steam engine is that is has to get going before its full potential, like an old steam locomotive for example. The Fire-Frost faction passive, (the passive that all the cards from that faction have), could be something with getting more attackspeed/damage the longer they fight... Something like the rage ability on some already existing fire units (rageclaws, gaintslayer...).

ok as i see, you are most excited about fire-frost. Maybe we just skip the vote :-). Lets collect some game mechanics for fire-frost. I realy like the Steam Engine - great idea! I will update this post if someone has another idea. Just post it!

1. @SilenceKiller99 @pajasin: The Steam Engine

• Units need to power up before they reach full strength.
  • While powering up units create some sort of fog. [Fog of War or Buff or Debuff] - [Maybe: In the beginning of powering up the unit has a great defense but weak attack and in the end it has strong offensive and a weak defense. What do you think?]

2. The DoT

• When ever a unit is infight it suffers from damage over time.
  • In order to compensate this DoT units are stronger then usual.

I would love to hear some more ideas. Well i need to get to work now :).

5 hours ago, Falkum said:

Lets collect some game mechanics for fire-frost. I realy like the Steam Engine - great idea! I will update this post if someone has another idea. Just post it!

If you're that interested in fire-frost, I highly suggest you check this thread out: http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/936-do-you-think-frostfire-has-a-place-thematically/