Useful Resources

Recently I searched through a folder of my old laptop. A folder, which contained BattleForge related stuff. I have forgotten about it up until now, when I heard of this project. And I found some really useful stuff in that folder. I know some (maybe even most) veteran players might have these files, but I want to upload them for those, who don't have them. So here it goes.

First file is an amazingly written BattleForge PvP guide, which actually covers a lot of BF mechanics, not just PvP. It is written by Circadia.

Second file is a .txt one, containing lots of useful facts, interactions between cards and mechanics of the game overall. I don't know who wrote this, since I got this file a very long time ago and there are no name written in the file (if you are here, mysterious person, show yourself! :D)

Third file was given to BF community by developers (if I remember correctly). A helpful resouce for those, who want a certain upgrade for certain card.

Here it is! Enjoy!

BF-PvP_Guide.pdf

Battleforge - useful facts.txt

BattleForge Loot List with Affinities_EN.pdf

@QuickSilver Some facts in the second file are really interesting and helpful! Thanks for sharing :) 

Dont think wheels can be stacked anymore though, correct me if im wrong

Home soil and Unholy power do stack but not multiplicatively though, its something weird. A unholy power nox overload deal 325 * 1.5= 487

but Home soil + unholy deals 649. @Ladadoos can you confirm?

15 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Dont think wheels can be stacked anymore though, correct me if im wrong

Wheel of Gifts do not stack anymore, even though you're still able to have more than one wheel with the same gift.

Just now, Ladadoos said:

Like I said, you can still have more than one wheel with the same gift but they don't stack.

try it in the forge, you cant click that gift once one wheel has been activated with that gift.

Just now, Ultrakool said:

try it in the forge, you cant click that gift once one wheel has been activated with that gift.

*sigh* ... Do you know how this bug worked? Because you had to activate as many wheels as possible before the animation of the first wheel finished. Of course it won't work if one is already up.

Just now, Ladadoos said:

*sigh* ... Do you know how this bug worked? Because you had to activate as many wheels as possible before the animation of the first wheel finished. Of course it won't work if one is already up.

in a ingame scenario that will never happen because there will be a few seconds standard cooldown.

Yes, this is quite an old file, so there might be some things that don't work anymore, like the Wheel of Gift stack, but most of it is still true I think.

Also, it seems that the file size limit applies to all my posts. I also have some concept art images that developers shared in old forums, but can't upload them to Media subforum because of the size limit. Any suggestions on what to do?

8 minutes ago, QuickSilver said:

Also, it seems that the file size limit applies to all my posts. I also have some concept art images that developers shared in old forums, but can't upload them to Media subforum because of the size limit. Any suggestions on what to do?

You probably have to decrease the picture in order to decrease the file size.

5 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

You probably have to decrease the picture in order to decrease the file size.

I saw how big pictures are. Most are ~1.5 MB, one is 0.5 MB. I tried putting them in one by one, but it does not allow me to :/

17 minutes ago, QuickSilver said:

Yes, this is quite an old file, so there might be some things that don't work anymore, like the Wheel of Gift stack, but most of it is still true I think.

you could upload it to an image sharing site like imgur and insert other media--> nsert image from URL

Just now, QuickSilver said:

I saw how big pictures are. Most are ~1.5 MB, one is 0.5 MB. I tried putting them in one by one, but it does not allow me to :/

What does it say when you try to add them? Any error ?

3 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

What does it say when you try to add them? Any error ?

Something about files being too big.

I tried again now and it does not seem to show any kind of error. I'll try to upload them now.

4 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

you could upload it to an image sharing site like imgur and insert other media--> nsert image from URL

Yea, I was thinking about doing it, but it seems it's fine now. I'll upload this way if problem happens again.

Regarding the Lootlist: @MephistoRoss created an Excel Tool for Upgrades which also contains the Lootlist. I highly recommend everyone to check it out:

Also we already had the original Lootlist in this forum and if i remember correctly certain affinities couldnt be sorted to certain maps in that one. not sure if thats the case for your list as well. That problem was solved for except 2 cards( 4 affinities) in that list as well.

4 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

in a ingame scenario that will never happen because there will be a few seconds standard cooldown.

the wheel stack mechanic did never get changed. It works just as before the nerf. The buffs just simply do not stack anymore - no matter how many wheels you got its never going higher than 20%. Anything was left unchanged

15 minutes ago, Treim said:

the wheel stack mechanic did never get changed. It works just as before the nerf. The buffs just simply do not stack anymore - no matter how many wheels you got its never going higher than 20%. Anything was left unchanged

ALELUIA.jpg