BF Music Parodies

Eirias

So the forums have been a little quiet recently, hopefully this will help liven things up :)

I was watching a Smash Bros. parody song, and that inspired me a little bit. (It's here, if anyone is interested in smash). So I was thinking: what if we all work together to come up with battleforge parody song lyrics?

I was thinking about something for The Sound of Music, to start, and here's what I have so far.

To the tune of "My Favorite Things"

Amazons and a half dozen treespirits,

Hurricanes that toss all S units near it.

Knocking back units with red razorshards,

These are a few OP Nature-Frost caaaards!

Frosty aggressors with L unit knockback,

Homesoil buffs to my ranged units’ attack.

Fighting off beasts with a fleet of stone shards,

Timeless ones, tremors, and silverwind lancers.

Shield building for the most defensive answer.

Curse well and Brannoc if feeling try-hard

I haven't thought of anything for the "when the dog bites/when the bee stings" part (mostly because I don't know what cards stonekin hates).

I'm also not entirely sold on the repeating part. Could be "These are a few of the best Stonekin cards," Or just: "These are a few of my favorite cards."

I originally tried some lines with fire but ran out of rhymes (shards is a pretty good rhyme for cards). Here's what I had for fire, in case anyone thinks that's more viable:

Nomads and Wreckers and Banners of Glory,

Firesworn, Mortars, and hard-hitting Sundy,

Quick-witting scavengers dart toward the scene,

These are a few of my favorite things.

When the freeze hits,

When the eagle screams,

When I’m fee-ling, maaaad:

I think about all of my favorite things,

And then I don’t feeeeeel, sooo baaad.

Post your own ideas for BF music parodies, or help this one out!

UPDATE:

For those who haven't carefully read through the entire conversation, the lyrics we've decided on (for a "My Favorite Things") are as follows:

OP Stonekin Things (we still need to work on the title though)

Homesoil buffs to my stormsingers’ attack.

When the mortars strike,

When the juggers charge,

When I'm feeling mad:

I simply recall the OP stonekin cards,

and then I don't flame so bad.

(repeat)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

lol, this is actually good... someone make a video out of it pls

The part about the fire cards does not rhyme tho xD

Well . . . they're slant rhymes. (idk why, but almost all of my poetry uses more slant rhymes than real rhymes.)

But yeah, I think the stonekin one is better . . .  but no idea how to do that last part.

@Aragorn @MaranV @thesikaleon

What are the cards that stonekin players hate? Preferably not nature or frost cards that they also have access to.

7 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Well . . . they're slant rhymes. (idk why, but almost all of my poetry uses more slant rhymes than real rhymes.)

If you are into it I trust you. I have no single knowledge about poetry, I just thought it didn't rhyme xD Apparently it does, because slant rhyme is rhyme too.

Just now, SilenceKiller99 said:

If you are into it I trust you. I have no single knowledge about poetry, I just thought it didn't rhyme xD Apparently it does, because slant rhyme is rhyme too.

I mean . . . "glory" and "sundy" are pretty terrible. But that was the best I could come up with (hence I switched to stonekin).

Do you guys like "ranged units'" or "stormsingers'" in line 8?

14 hours ago, Eirias said:

Do you guys like "ranged units'" or "stormsingers'" in line 8?

I like Stormsingers better.

Also I really like this Idea, would help out myself but I'm just awful at writing XD

Edited by EonBen

Just now, YaBro0 said:

C'mon!!! You couldn't be more right on that :D

@Eirias So you want this type of song as a parody or is anything fine? :)

Well, what would it be if it wasn't a parody?

If you want to write your own music, all the more power to you :). But my skills are in words (I'm a poet) more than music, so all I can help with are lyrics.

Also, we need someone to sing for us @Kiwi you're the most famous girl on this site, can you sing?

4 hours ago, Eirias said:

Well, what would it be if it wasn't a parody?

If you want to write your own music, all the more power to you :). But my skills are in words (I'm a poet) more than music, so all I can help with are lyrics.

I think he meant making parodies on other songs, not only this type of music.

On 3/26/2016 at 7:15 PM, Eirias said:

What are the cards that stonekin players hate? Preferably not nature or frost cards that they also have access to.

This is ironic because cards I can handle least are cards I have access but don't use.

If you gonna sing it, I'm buying you a CD for sure ;)

Edited by Aragorn

I can make something it will take some time, but I am great with rhymes. Just be patient when BFR is back, my thing is ready I hope. By the way it will be inspired by multilanguage. I don't think it become parodie, but I don't say yes or no now.

Edited by GroenKapje

2 hours ago, Aragorn said:

This is ironic because cards I can handle least are cards I have access but don't use.

If you gonna sing it, I'm buying you a CD for sure ;)

That's sort of what I figured. Are juggernauts annoying? How about fire dancers? I'd rather make the stanza multi-factional, but this might work? As near as I can tell, skyfire drakes are a stonekin player's least favorite card, but that's too many syllables. . .

When the dancers cliff,

When the juggers charge,

When I’m feeling mad:

I think about all my OP stonekin cards,

And then I don’t flame so bad.

Believe me, no one wants to hear me sing :). But I do live at one of the best public music schools in the world, so I don't think it would be too hard to find someone to sing it, if we got something good. It would be even better if someone from here would sing it though :).

Oh man, I wrote a long ass text just so it got deleted by the backward-function of my keyboard when I press the delete key. That really sucks. Well, it was a text to Avicii's 'The Nights'. Maybe I will create something similar the upcoming days.

Okay, I think I've got it now:

To the Tune of "My Favorite Things"

These are a few OP Nature-Frost cards.

Homesoil buffs to my stormsingers' attack.

When the mortars cliff

When the juggers charge,

When I’m feeling mad:

(repeat)

7 hours ago, Eirias said:

Okay, I think I've got it now:

To the Tune of "My Favorite Things"

could you link the song on youtube or give the title and artist? Is the song "My favorite things" or "The Sound of Music" ? Im a little confused by your first post.

34 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

could you link the song on youtube or give the title and artist? Is the song "My favorite things" or "The Sound of Music" ? Im a little confused by your first post.

The movie is The Sound of Music, the specific piece is "My Favorite Things"

On 3/28/2016 at 5:08 PM, Eirias said:

That's sort of what I figured. Are juggernauts annoying? How about fire dancers? I'd rather make the stanza multi-factional, but this might work? As near as I can tell, skyfire drakes are a stonekin player's least favorite card, but that's too many syllables. . .

When the dancers cliff,

When the juggers charge,

When I’m feeling mad:

Believe me, no one wants to hear me sing :). But I do live at one of the best public music schools in the world, so I don't think it would be too hard to find someone to sing it, if we got something good. It would be even better if someone from here would sing it though :).

Stonekin is the hardest pure fire counter in t2 and t3 and has no problem against fire dancer, just jugger if he can get a little (like 50 energie) advantage in t2. Because the extra time you need to prepare your defense, jugger has time to stomp something. I think you should go for a standart multi-factional or a lost soul deck (2 syllables).

On 3/30/2016 at 11:25 AM, Aragorn said:

Stonekin is the hardest pure fire counter in t2 and t3 and has no problem against fire dancer, just jugger if he can get a little (like 50 energie) advantage in t2. Because the extra time you need to prepare your defense, jugger has time to stomp something. I think you should go for a standart multi-factional or a lost soul deck (2 syllables).

What about t1 cards that are hard? I can't think of a way to make "phase tower" sound right, but what about mortar?

• 1 month later...