Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

  • Announcements

    • InsaneHawk

      We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

      Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
Geisterlicht

I Love PVE :)

22 posts in this topic

I like PVE because of the kooperation with other Player. And i like to variate my strategies and decks for the missions just for fun. To build new Decks and creat combos for my playstyle is also very important for me :) .But I like mostly to Play with others and not single Player mode. Also i have to say i am not a fan of PVP :P competition ... i don´t like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey mate 

I really dont like PvP because everyone is "rushing" and noone builds a big army or defense so i play PvE and thats really good :D. The only problem that i have is sometimes players arent really smart so they just killed their units and dont do anything 

Have a great day 

Edited by Dzodin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dzodin said:

Hey mate 

I really dont like PvP because everyone is "rushing" and noone buulds a big army or defense so i play PvE and thats really good :D. The only problem that i have is sometimes players arent really smart so they just killed their units and dont do anything 

Have a great day 

That's exactly what I think too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that is why I hated pvp too. You see the trailers with big armies and units or you get these really neat high-tier cards, but PVP usually just turns into a ton of nomads or other high-speed units running all over the place to win by tier 3.

 

At least in PVE like in the Harvest 4 player map (which was always a favorite of mine) you get to see all your deck and each tier at some point.

Edited by Dragon270

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dragon270 said:

Yeah that is why I hated pvp too. You see the trailers with big armies and units or you get these really neat high-tier cards, but PVP usually just turns into a ton of nomads or other high-speed units running all over the place to win by tier 3.

 

At least in PVE like in the Harvest 4 player map (which was always a favorite of mine) you get to see all your deck and each tier at some point.

EXACTLY But all people have their opinions so we cant say that PvE (We can but others could disagree) But still  TWILIGHT FOR THE WIN!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved playing level 9 battlegrounds with friends and creating special strats and decks, I just never got bored of it. Also loved playing 3v3 PVP once it launched although PVP really wasn't my jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am i the only one who hates how you just spamm units in rpve with no skills involved? there are so many units that micro doesn't matter and even counters don't matter. pvp is a lot more about skill and if you lose to nomad spamm then well... yeah. it is a lot more fun if you get to an elo with decent players...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well i am sure you can play decks with more skill involved, but all i ever saw in rpve was lss,bloodhorn,wog,second chance etc... yeah i did some of that stuff too but i only wanted tokens.

 

edit: i forgot to mention that TOTALLY broken shrine of war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you casually played rPVE with efficiency-oriented decks it is pretty boring and does not need a lot of skill.

Most of the fun decks involved a little bit more skill - especially stuff like tortuguns.

The interesting part for me came when playing efficiency-oriented decks to their limit. The hard part is generally not about playing the map but finding the optimized way to play the map, which is not an aspect that is not necassery when playing casually. That is especially true for some of those nasty hard Lost Souls maps.

 

I can understand though that playing a map over and over is not especially appealing for a majority of players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never played PvP, never will. RPvE is my lifeblood. Making weird RPvE decks is the spice of that lifeblood.

I have spice in my lifeblood. Please help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the original BF because it had a co-op PvE campaign which is a rarity in RTS games, and is (still) considered a novelty. It's more casual until you start challenging yourself by restricting various aspects e.g. trying to complete each map with the same deck, weaker cards or do speedruns.

Unique map design coupled with several objectives is a nice touch too. It's also entertaining to see all kinds of crazy deck composition, as people are a lot less afraid to experiment with different cards in PvE. You can get away with weaker cards you might enjoy using, then pulling off stunts that would never work against a human player... as long as you're capable of beating, or at least surviving the map.

As for PvP in BF, I see it as solving a mathematical problem: summoning at the right time, strict power management, weighing up losses against gains, calculating damage/health/speed/distances/seconds etc. aka min-maxing. However 'maths' is not something I tend to associate with 'fun' :P Though it's quite intense and I completely understand why people are drawn to it.

Edited by Ilsyde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ilsyde said:

As for PvP in BF, I see it as solving a mathematical problem: summoning at the right time, strict power management, weighing up losses against gains, calculating damage/health/speed/distances/seconds etc. aka min-maxing. However 'maths' is not something I tend to associate with 'fun' :P Though it's quite intense and I completely understand why people are drawn to it.

Played at least 3000 ranked matches and never calculated anything. Being good in maths can help you in theorycrafting, but ingame you don't calculate, you just estimate.

Edited by SunWu II.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me too. COOP is what I like the best.

I just loved that aspect of the game... Sadly it never got expanded upon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I personally liked pve the most aswell. You get the most diverse decks and you really have to work together to win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/9/2016 at 6:10 AM, Xiven said:

Never played PvP, never will. RPvE is my lifeblood. Making weird RPvE decks is the spice of that lifeblood.

I have spice in my lifeblood. Please help me.

SPICE MUST FLOW, HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE.

on topic i love PvE, mostly because its abit more laid-back and relaxing than the other game modes offered by battleforge (both RPvE and PvP can be intense compared to PvE)
and sometimes its just nice to have the time to just lie back and do retarded stuff(tho mostly only on standard and advanced)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11.9.2016 at 10:33 PM, Chimerae said:

Tortugun was such a fun cards to mess around with :)

The XL Knockback was very amusing!

On 24.10.2016 at 7:12 PM, Archmystic said:

SPICE MUST FLOW, HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE.

on topic i love PvE, mostly because its abit more laid-back and relaxing than the other game modes offered by battleforge (both RPvE and PvP can be intense compared to PvE)
and sometimes its just nice to have the time to just lie back and do retarded stuff(tho mostly only on standard and advanced)

pve can be relaxing but must not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a PVE player (at 90%) as well. I got more fun in PVE than competitive thing. But everyone can like what they want :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now