Unused Power is lsot Power!!

Anonymos

Power circulation keeps your energy floating.

So In this post i wanna touch something really important for playing battleforge Pvp.

Some main concepts of power circulation in general.

First of all i wnna point out the different ways power (energie) can be spend in BattleForge.

So first of all therer are units, spells and buildings. Technicy units and buildings are sharing the same spot (buildings are kinda overpowered units, in the way how they bind power for a (limited) amount of time like units.)

Overall that means, valuewhise, Spell < Unit < Building. A 100 power unit should not be removed by a single 100 power spell and a 100 power Building should always beat a 100 power Unit.

Ofc u cnat really compare a War Eagle to a SoM, since there are alot off buildings aswell as units (e.g. Energy parasite) wich work kinda different and don`t fill into this comparing stats theme.

One Important thing i wanna note is, that trading positively in a unit vs unit or spell vs spell trade is not considered here.

Well you might ask yourself WTF does this have to do with Energy floating?

Below i made a little Paint -Sketch of the Power Cycle in Battleforge

energy.thumb.jpg.26dac770b5e81f20923d60a

The main diffrence between Units/Buildings and Spells is, that The Energy u spend for Spells directly flows into the Void Power while Units and Buildings will slow the circulation down a bit while they bind Power.

But does this even Matter???

Well lets say there is a theoretial situation A where you have 0 Void and 0 current power, 2 power wells. To spawn a 300 Energy Unit (Eg. A Harvester) u would have to wait 150 Seconds.

And now lets simulate a Situation B Where you have 0 Void, 0 Cureent Power and 2 Power wells, but u woud be able to spend every single point of energy instantly (wich ofc. Is not possible becaouse the smallest proactive unit is like 50 Energy but to keep it simple we just pretend we could^^)so it would enter the void pool right away.

than u could do some random math like

0,9 * 2t* (100/99)^t for t=150 this would be around 1,2k Power Cycled.

By spamming ur power out like that u would reach the 300 power mark at like 80 seconds.

After seeing this u might ask youurself : wtf why am i even building big units than??

Well in battleforge you have to destroy your emenmys Power Wells aswell as Monuments while Spells used to be not that effective vs Structures, well... some units expecially sige units are. This forces the energy recources into a unit vs unit combat naturally slowed down by the distance your units have to run to reach the action.

Btw this favours the defending player overall, since the defending person does not have this kind of tempo delay between paying a unit (binding the power) and get it into the action.

For the same reason closed well situations are kinda intrsting and railing banner is such a powerful card.

To bring the power immediately into the fight there are unit support seplls like heal, cc dmg spells and protects wich can be casted near to your units and structures.

First conclusion:

find a good balance between units/ and spells, to bring the maximum amount of power into the fight.

to be continued....

Edited by Anonymos

Some very nice points!

If you would like to illustrate your points with graphs, you can use desmos and the equations I used in my math guide.

If you would like me to make more graphs for you (such as graph that calculates total power spend if you spent it whenever your power pool reached X), I'd be happy to!

I'm also more than willing to correct types or make a video series out of this post :)

8 minutes ago, MarbSlonk said:

Interesting overview, although I knew most if it already. I have a question though: does anyone know the numbers on how fast Void Power is returned (I only knows the speed depends on the amount)?

The purple arrow in his graph: 1% per second, translated from 1 power per 2 seconds for every 50 Void Power in Your pool.

44 minutes ago, MarbSlonk said:

Interesting overview, although I knew most if it already. I have a question though: does anyone know the numbers on how fast Void Power is returned (I only knows the speed depends on the amount)?

I made a post explaining how to calculate power a long time ago: 

You can also see the associated video:

But if you just want a simple answer, then you get 1/50 (2%) of your void power back every 2 seconds.