Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • InsaneHawk

      We now have a Patreon !   10/16/17

      Donations are back, but they're now all on Patreon ! Feel free to check it out : https://goo.gl/TwmHYW
CapnCrunch

Whats the BEST Medium unit in the game, IN YOUR OPINION?

Recommended Posts

Well since it worked so well last time. Why dont we just go through all of the units we possibly can. To be completely honest..I dont have one. Maybe one of you could help me make up my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the first view it seems pretty hard to say, because you can't actually compare all medium units by brute force. In that case it would be enforcer or Shadow Mage but since it's also about the synergy, you can simply name all OP medium units in the game :D

1. Razorshard

2. Treespirit

3. Stormsinger

4. Amii-Phantom

5. Timeless One

All of those should be balanced in the future at some point. Let the flame begin :D

Edited by YaBro0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

I say scavenger, because no one would play fire t1 without it.

That means that shadow will become even more prominent as t1, and the only viable deck at top levels will be shadow frost (because pure fire is one of the decks that give it the hardest matchup, so that makes shadow frost not only the strongest deck overall, but also the deck without bad matchups).

So scavenger is the best M unit because otherwise, Battleforge would consist entirely of Lost Souls mirrors :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eirias said:

I say scavenger, because no one would play fire t1 without it.

That means that shadow will become even more prominent as t1, and the only viable deck at top levels will be shadow frost (because pure fire is one of the decks that give it the hardest matchup, so that makes shadow frost not only the strongest deck overall, but also the deck without bad matchups).

So scavenger is the best M unit because otherwise, Battleforge would consist entirely of Lost Souls mirrors :)

But then i could just say. Dreadcharger. No shadow deck would play t1 without it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Eirias said:

I say scavenger, because no one would play fire t1 without it.

That means that shadow will become even more prominent as t1, and the only viable deck at top levels will be shadow frost (because pure fire is one of the decks that give it the hardest matchup, so that makes shadow frost not only the strongest deck overall, but also the deck without bad matchups).

So scavenger is the best M unit because otherwise, Battleforge would consist entirely of Lost Souls mirrors :)

Its not that its the best, its the only one with swift worth a damn.  Nomads have to be in numbers.

 

26 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

But then i could just say. Dreadcharger. No shadow deck would play t1 without it ;)

See above, the other option is W/C's however they can not be nastied for as much if I recall.

 

For Tier 1 I would have to say tree spirits.  However even I will say they are a tad over the top.  However the easiest fix to bring them into balance is remove their Tier 3 Radial Thorn ability and give them the Tier 2 Spike ability toned down to tier 1 damage.  This would alleviate alot of the problems folks have with them, while keeping them in line for the root decks.

 

For Tier 2, enforcer, damned bug charge ability

 

For Tier 3 and tier 4 no clue

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darian DelFord said:

Its not that its the best, its the only one with swift

 

See above

 

For Tier 1 I would have to say tree spirits.  However even I will say they are a tad over the top.  However the easiest fix to bring them into balance is remove their Tier 3 Radial Thorn ability and give them the Tier 2 Spike ability toned down to tier 1 damage.  This would alleviate alot of the problems folks have with them, while keeping them in line for the root decks.

 

For Tier 2, enforcer, damned bug charge ability

 

For Tier 3 and tier 4 no clue

 

Thank you for bringing in tree spirits. I was going to say viridya because of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CapnCrunch said:

Thank you for bringing in tree spirits. I was going to say viridya because of this.

I changed my original post a bit.

 

Viridya and her TS's are fine.  She dies rather quickly, however her TS's are on par for T2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Darian DelFord said:

Its not that its the best, its the only one with swift worth a damn.  Nomads have to be in numbers.

 

See above

 

For Tier 1 I would have to say tree spirits.  However even I will say they are a tad over the top.  However the easiest fix to bring them into balance is remove their Tier 3 Radial Thorn ability and give them the Tier 2 Spike ability toned down to tier 1 damage.  This would alleviate alot of the problems folks have with them, while keeping them in line for the root decks.

 

For Tier 2, enforcer, damned bug charge ability

 

For Tier 3 and tier 4 no clue

 

Bug charge? You mean that thing where once it charges it's basically swift? That's a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CapnCrunch said:

But then i could just say. Dreadcharger. No shadow deck would play t1 without it ;)

No, shadow could play with witchclaws. The faction might be slightly nerfed, but I'd guess that only about 5% of shadow players would change faction if dreadcharger was removed, and the rest would just use witchclaws.

For fire, we would all ragequit if scavenger was removed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eirias said:

No, shadow could play with witchclaws. The faction might be slightly nerfed, but I'd guess that only about 5% of shadow players would change faction if dreadcharger was removed, and the rest would just use witchclaws.

For fire, we would all ragequit if scavenger was removed :)

Dude idk man. Witchclaws. And i could quote you ;) are much less potent then dread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Bug charge? You mean that thing where once it charges it's basically swift? That's a bug?

No when they are in melee range fighting, the player clicks somewhere else on the map the enforcer turns around and then the player clicks on the enemy the enforcer was attacking and gets another charge and free inflated damage

Also when the enforcer is rooted same thing, the player will click somewhere else on the map the enforcer disengages and the player clicks on the enforcers target again and charges for more damage all while rooted.

That was a bug confirmed by TBO like so many others but never coded out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say one from each faction rather than Tier (pure only, no splashes). Also, T1 only

Fire - Firesworn (Scavenger was more useful without a doubt, but Firesworn could as well dispose of S units with the help of another unit, plus was good against L of course)

Nature - Swiftclaw (I like its early damage potential, for rushes etc.)

Frost - Ice Guardian (I liked his shield, he was pretty balanced and a low cost)

Shadow - oh yes, Dreadcharger (wonderful ability, useful in some PvE and sometimes PvP matches - frenzied Forsaken etc., and great quotes :) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say tree spirits in T1, because it is just to much AoE damage for only 60 power...

Probably razorshards in T2, because the knockback is bugged and even when it would not be bugged it would still be to OP.

For T3 probably giant slayers. Just because they are really strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is all about PvP again...

For PvE the list would be:

  • Frost: Frost Mage or Silverwind Lancers
  • Nature: Burrowers, Dryad or Shaman
  • Fire: Fire Dancer or Giant Slayer
  • Shadow: Shadow Mage (dunno about others as I never played Shadow)
  • Stonekin: Razorshard
  • Bandits: Bandit Lancer
  • Lost Souls: Lost Dancer? (again dunno if Priest or Wanderer are better)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CapnCrunch said:

To be honest, I can't really pick out one that's the best in the game... They're some pretty nice ones like Cultist Master, Nomad, NightGuard and DreadCharger (also Nox Trooper). These were the some of the most common cards I used when soloing/speedrunning some maps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Timeless One.

You just get so much for so little money. You can even mix an nature orb in and use Timeless One + Shatter Lance from Stone Warrior and you can even deal serious instant damage.

I think most M-units are just mandatory takes for a deck to be viable, many are good but I almost think Timeless One is too good. I honestly think it should be pure Frost.

For the clarification: Timeless One has a coldsnap ability for about 15e and the card itself costs 55e. So you get a spamable coldsnap which is even cheaper than the T2 card.

 

Edited by Mental Omega

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winter Witch: Gives out 1000HP shields every second!

Love the card description by the way:

- Spell will be interrupted if unit is knocked back

- Cannot be knocked back

:rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im wondering why nobody mentioned the good old Firedancer, shes like a walking mortar tower.
There are many maps where you can place her behind an obstacle and if you dont have an air unit you have to take the long way around and in the mean time you have to see your buildings being shred away.

Especially on some Random Maps, it was simply unbalanced, but to be fair, on a Map like Haladur its a wasted Cardslot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swordsworn said:

Im wondering why nobody mentioned the good old Firedancer, shes like a walking mortar tower.
There are many maps where you can place her behind an obstacle and if you dont have an air unit you have to take the long way around and in the mean time you have to see your buildings being shred away.

Especially on some Random Maps, it was simply unbalanced, but to be fair, on a Map like Haladur its a wasted Cardslot.

Erm . . . wasted cardslot? Firedancer was strong on every map. Cliffdancing is really lame and possibly brings firedancers into "overpowered" territory, but she's still a strong card when used fairly and correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Erm . . . wasted cardslot? Firedancer was strong on every map. Cliffdancing is really lame and possibly brings firedancers into "overpowered" territory, but she's still a strong card when used fairly and correctly.

OK youre right, I was exaggerating there.

What I wanted to point out is that her true potential only shines through when shes behind a cliff or something similar :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×