Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Kiwibaum

Community Card

48 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

As for an Amii T4 card, I don't really think that is necessary. I did play Shadow/Nature a few times and it has many potent combinations. While 2 shadow + 2 nature orbs can be a bit lacklustre, 3 nature + 1 shadow or 3 nature + 1 shadow is a very valid choice.

Death Ray + Grimvine + Regrowth + Healing Gardens is really serious stuff if you used it correctly. Death Ray use their charge up rays on Grimvines (very strong against structures and extremely tanky) which in turn get healed by Regwoth + healing gardens (increases effectiveness of heals by 100%). You can even back that up with Furnance of Flesh + Cultist master for void manipulation (imo you should to that near the healing gardens).

You can also go for 3 nature orbs and 1 shadow as support and in turn you get Colossus, but that does not deliver quite the punch of a fully chared up Death Rays. Seriously guys, Death Rays have that name for a reason.

If this faction had access to base nukes like Cluster Explosion I think it would beat even Bandit T4 in terms of destructive power.

Even with 2 shadow 2 nature orbs you can play rather well. Overlord wotj Primeval Watcher works rather fine and the support of Shadow with buffs, void manipulation and Frenetic Assault, Infect does its job pretty well. It is not as good as Deathray obviously but definetly viable.

I honestly think Shadow Nature is fine as it is for PVE. It lacks a little bit of damage spells but the Buffs and Heals you have access to (or you simply play Deathray) make up for that pretty well. It is much like Stonekin - pretty damn slow but youll get through eventually.

i do not see any reason to create any Shadow Nature card at least at this point of time.

P.s. I guess you meant:

15 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

While 2 shadow + 2 nature orbs can be a bit lacklustre, 3 nature + 1 shadow or 1 nature + 3 shadow is a very valid choice.

On 2/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, Kiwibaum said:
On 2/28/2016 at 0:46 PM, Kiwibaum said:

Your link is not working for me :(

Sorry I'll try jut post it here

Serpent Mother: (art is from Magic the gathering)
Pharika-God-of-Affliction-MtG-Art.jpg
:neutralorb::neutralorb::natureorb::shadoworb:
cost-220
Snakeskin(passive) - takes 15% percent less dmg from shadow and nature sources
Serpentkin(upon death) - Upon death unit splits into to serpents (health and attack equal to half of max health and attack of Serpent Serpent Mother)

Large ranged  - 2800 attack
Large Unit - 3850 Health

No clue if this is balanced, at least its probably more balanced than LSS :lol: 

Hi, what do you think about this card? She needs some work in terms of balance and passive skills. It could be one of the first cards in the new collection shadow and nature

Like most of the cards they have existing model of werewolves, but it will be repainted. Of course, they will have other characteristics. They will be swift, but is it possible to replace the recovery on something else? For example lifesteal 5-15%.

Or, you can make some Unholy bonus, reusable, like Darkelf Assassins and Skeleton Warriors

Снимок.JPG

Edited by Pupsik

10 minutes ago, Pupsik said:

For example lifesteal 5-15%.

I would for sure not add this ability since this is something that is special for Bandit Units. Not sure what other ability it could have though.

Edited by Ladadoos

40 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

I would for sure not add this ability since this is something that is special for Bandit Units. Not sure what other ability it could have though.

It would be foolish to give him the regeneration again. But if you do not like the theft of life, we can make it a little stronger than others, but no bonus. Only the fastest and the strongest. Or make him a charge like the strikers, it would be unusual, two acceleration.  If they go to the "Nature and Shadow" can take the Siege, Slam and Slayer Giants. It's your choice, depending on the balance sheet.

Edited by Pupsik

19 minutes ago, Pupsik said:

It would be foolish to give him the regeneration again. But if you do not like the theft of life, we can make it a little selnee than others, but no bonus. Only the fastest and the strongest. Or make him a charge like the strikers, it would be unusual, two acceleration.  If they go to the "Nature and Shadow" can take the Siege, Slam and Slayer Giants. It's your choice, depending on the balance sheet.

Do you want to make a shadow nature card with shadow t1?

There is nothing like that and i do not think it is very usefull either. If you want to make it Shadow Nature go and make it T2. As you are not able to find some kind of concept for the Amii- Faction yet as it only consists of one card we can either think of something completely new or we just use toggle abilities like Amii-Phantom has.

There are plenty of possibilities for a new faction and i think if you want to create a theme for one you gotta do something new - so Transformation, Lifesteal, Reviving and Damage Reduction are no options anymore.

You COULD work around toggle Abilities but that wouldn't really be as harmonic as the abilities of all the other factions, where every unit has the exact same ability. That would actually mean that you would need to give every card the ability to switch from melee attacks to ranged which doesn't really makes sense and might be even just straight up op if used to its maximum potential - i do not think it would be easy to balance, if at all. Maybe the best way is to look at Amii-Phantom as an outlier and come up with something for the rest of the faction that is completely unrelated to her.

P.s. you should probably change the orb requirements for the card to not cause confusions ( cuz honestly i am quite unsure what you wanna have - a new t1 shadow card that is based for using it in a Amii- deck or a Shadow-Nature card for t2.

36 minutes ago, Treim said:

There is nothing like that and i do not think it is very usefull either. If you want to make it Shadow Nature go and make it T2. As you are not able to find some kind of concept for the Amii- Faction yet as it only consists of one card we can either think of something completely new or we just use toggle abilities like Amii-Phantom has.

There are plenty of possibilities for a new faction and i think if you want to create a theme for one you gotta do something new - so Transformation, Lifesteal, Reviving and Damage Reduction are no options anymore.

You COULD work around toggle Abilities but that wouldn't really be as harmonic as the abilities of all the other factions, where every unit has the exact same ability. That would actually mean that you would need to give every card the ability to switch from melee attacks to ranged which doesn't really makes sense and might be even just straight up op if used to its maximum potential - i do not think it would be easy to balance, if at all. Maybe the best way is to look at Amii-Phantom as an outlier and come up with something for the rest of the faction that is completely unrelated to her.

P.s. you should probably change the orb requirements for the card to not cause confusions ( cuz honestly i am quite unsure what you wanna have - a new t1 shadow card that is based for using it in a Amii- deck or a Shadow-Nature card for t2.

Okay , I'll try to think of something to T2 Amii nature shadow. I just wanted to use the existing model units , but I'll try to come up with something new , like Hydra and Medusa 

36 minutes ago, Treim said:

You got me an idea: Mixed orbs

As example a Shadow/Nature orb. That means you can ether play shadow or nature.

38 minutes ago, Treim said:

I think this "one faction has to have this ability on every card" makes things just boring. A faction can have different abilities on every unit. They should just fit in the playstyle of this faction.

@Ladadoos What do you think about the expense of passive mirroring? "Mirror protection" would return loss, which is applied to it. It would be unusual. Do not necessarily let the passive is a unit, it is possible to give structure, tower, or even something. This could be especially Amii buildings :)

Its art is from the game Smite.

T_Anubis_Albino_Card.png.9fc3d7d273e292f

Another idea, the Anubis as an [Fire/Shadow].

Cost 3-4

Attack Creature.

Damage: ?

Defense: ?

Abilities.

The Underworld: Anubis calls Mummys from the underworld, doing damage and Slowing enemy for 5 sec. [Spell]

Life Stealer: Life Stealer 30% of the damage dealt by the unit will be added to its life points. Helps counter Instability. [Passive]

Mummy creature.

mummy_by_totmoartsstudio2-d7e3va1.thumb.

Attack Creature.

Damage: ?

Defense: ?

Abilities.

Slow Down: Slowing enemy for 5 sec. [Passive]

12 hours ago, Pupsik said:

Okay , I'll try to think of something to T2 Amii nature shadow. I just wanted to use the existing model units , but I'll try to come up with something new , like Hydra and Medusa 

You do not necasserily have to come up with a complete new idea. Theres always the possibility to use the character model of werewolves and simply adjust stats to make it a t2 card ;)

12 hours ago, Kiwibaum said:

You got me an idea: Mixed orbs

As example a Shadow/Nature orb. That means you can ether play shadow or nature.

I think this "one faction has to have this ability on every card" makes things just boring. A faction can have different abilities on every unit. They should just fit in the playstyle of this faction.

I am not sure if introducing completely new mechanics on a basic game design level is a good idea.

Every existing faction has one ability that ALL units share. I think it would be just logical to stay with that pattern as that ability also unites them in a way and not just by their orb requirements.

11 hours ago, Treim said:

I am not sure if introducing completely new mechanics on a basic game design level is a good idea.

Every existing faction has one ability that ALL units share. I think it would be just logical to stay with that pattern as that ability also unites them in a way and not just by their orb requirements.

This is not that much of a new requirement since there have always been neutral orbs and this is very close to those.

You have to build around this ability then which is kinda restricting. And this abilities don´t really let you play in an interesting way or let the factions feel different. If you take away the stonekin passive from the grinder and adjust it´s stats so it still has the same effectivness it would still be a grinder, same for the bandit lifesteal. The twilight and lost souls abilies are more interesting but rarely used because if they would be usefull the cards would need to suffer in another way and since the devs wanted to create interesting and different cards they needed this power somewhere else then always in the faction ability. I still think faction abilities are a bad Idea.

I guess the voting will start tomorrow sorry that it took so long but I had to lean for my exams. If you still want to suggest something then better hurry ;)

Hey. That dark witch who could tame the power of nature. It could slow down or tame / monitor someone like Dryad or a swarm of parasites. I think he will fit well into the atmosphere of Ami. What do you think?

Witch.thumb.jpg.1b0e5fa26b4629a7252c4de8

Sorry that it took that long but I had to do a lot last week. The voting starts now and will go on for 2 days. Everyone gets a first a second and a third choice which give 3, 2 and 1 points. You can vote for your own suggestions. Remember this vote is only for the role of the card details, balance and design votes start later.

Suggestions so far correct me if things are wrong or missing:

1. Kaliber84: :neutralorb::neutralorb: unit, -/L, ranged, attacks air and ground, splash, slows allies and enemies, cheap

2. Mental Omega: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: unit, support

3. Mental Omega: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: unit, damage

4. Mental Omega: :fireorb::fireorb::frostorb::frostorb: unit, XL/XL

5. Treim: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: spell, damage

6. Yah-Kob: :natureorb::shadoworb: (:natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb:) unit, ranged, swift, poison, single  target stun

7. Yah-Kob: :natureorb::shadoworb::natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb: (:natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb:) unit, ranged, poison aoe, siege

8. Me: :natureorb::shadoworb: unit, L/-, ranged, attacks air and ground

9. Yah-Kob: :shadoworb::shadoworb:/:frostorb:/:neutralorb::shadoworb:/:frostorb:/:neutralorb: unit, ?/? blink, collects souls: summons units

10. Hobnob570: :natureorb::shadoworb::neutralorb::neutralorb: unit, ?/L ranged, splits on death

11. Yah-Kob: :shadoworb::fireorb::shadoworb:/:fireorb:/:neutralorb: (:shadoworb:/:fireorb:/:neutralorb:) unit, ?/? summons slowing units

12. Pupsik :shadoworb: unit, S,S swift

My votes are:

8, 4, 11

Hello again. The concept of the new unit . It will be ice particles ( elements of ice , with the name , we need to work ) . And so , what is the essence of this unit ? And the fact that this is a great unit for T1 frost. He will " cling " to the size of the units S and M and covering them with ice ! Giving a little armor as needed to balance . Perhaps a little slow , of whom clung . Then, when you do not need to unhook. So I hope you understand my idea , it requires balancing. The whole point is to give the possibility of frost in 2on2 trailers for fast units ally and grab Monument / energy well. It's magical. 

Call of the wild: nature spell: two nature orbs: 50 Mana: All units in a root network deal 200% of their base attack for 10 seconds.

Mother nature beckons: nature spell: two nature orbs, one neutral orb: 80 Mana: Teleport all (purely!) nature units within an area of X to your starting base

Tree of decay: nature building: two nature orbs: 100 Mana: build this within an area x of an active root network. While constructing this building is immune. Building steals mana from adjacent enemy wells within its reach y at a rate z after completing construction.

Mother nature's wrath: nature spell: two nature orbs, one neutral orb: 80 Mana: Teleport all units currently in a root network within an area x to any enemy base.

Nature's retaliation: nature spell: two nature orbs: 50 Mana: any healing spell cast within the next 30 seconds spawns an energy parasite at the center of the healing spell's aoe.

Seed of life: nature spell: two nature orbs: 25 Mana: any healing spell cast within the next 30 seconds immediately returns 20 Mana from the void to your mana pool.

These are some ideas to make pure nature a little more viable and proactive in pvp. let me know what u think. I'm a painter. If there's an interest, I could come up with some designs :)

Posted (edited)

I feel like Tunneling doesn't get enough play, so what about something like Tahm Kench (If anyone here has played league of legends) A support unit, (2 Green orbs of course) with fairly low attack, moderate health, and can pick up small units like a vehicle from Red Alert (I guess Starcraft would be a more well known example) or something, then it tunnels, while carrying the other units, then immediately drops them off at target destination.

Or maybe something similar to a Nydus wurm from Starcraft days, as long as you have Point A tunnel and Point B tunnel, you can travel between them, at (maybe not instantly since that would be OP) but an accelerated rate from point A - Point B.

This not only gives tunnel players WAY more accessibility to actually be a viable strategy, but now Tunnel decks don't even NEED something with tunneling, you can just have a normal green deck/splash deck, then 1 or 2 support units that turn the whole deck on its head. (since, I hate to say it, burrowing ritual and the :natureorb::neutralorb::neutralorb: TunnelWurm don't cut it imo)

This also eliminates the problem of each colour having a theme, and not overloading a colour, (since Green already has Root Networks and all) for example, the tunnel thing could just be colourless, or simply by reducing it to a key few units, it doesn't cause for an overloaded theme

On 5/8/2017 at 1:08 PM, Arkantos said:

Tree of decay: nature building: two nature orbs: 100 Mana: build this within an area x of an active root network. While constructing this building is immune. Building steals mana from adjacent enemy wells within its reach y at a rate z after completing construction.

This strikes me as an interesting idea, a building that has an effect while it constructs, then when it finishes, could have some secondary effect, although I can't think of anything more for this example, without making it OP

Edited by Doomdood442

Burning Man

:fireorb:/:fireorb: or :fireorb:/:natureorb:

>Ablaze

Toggle to make this unit burst into flames, dealing [30 + 5% of target's max hp] per 2 seconds, to all units.

[For example, Burning Man will deal (30 x 10) + (5 x 10)% damage to himself after 20 seconds, = 300 + 50% (750) = 1050 damage to self in 20 seconds]

>Hunker Down

Activate to give this unit Immobile and Hardened Skin (50%)

>Regeneration **

Constantly regenerates 10 life every second

Size: Medium

Attack: (Magic)

Life: 1500