Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Kiwibaum

Community Card

48 posts in this topic

I got the Idea it would be kinda fun to design a card together. Nothing serious just a little bit of creative fun.

To get this working I decided to seperate this process in different phases. Each phase gets about 1-2 days of suggestions and 1 day of voting some phases will take much more time however. The Phases are not strictly seperatet, this means you can suggest some things that belong in other phases. Just try to keep the main discussion about the actual phase. The descriptions of the phases are tipps not rules you can suggest something just because it´s cool even if doesn´t fit in that much. It´s about fun not about creating something totally serious ;)

1. Finding a place/niche for the card: First we need to determine which faction could use a card and what for (PvE/PvP? Which specific situation?). Important niches are ones where a situation can be prevented which is for one faction unfair. That means if a faction has a weaknes but can make up for it in an other way this weaknes is no important niche to be filled or it is even bad to fill it.

2. How to fill thie niche: This one is where you can get very creative. Decide on which abilities the unit gets, which attack type, size. Try to think out something interesting and fun but not to craziely overloaded. No specific values or anything like that that comes next.

3. Spezifics: Now comes the hardest part. How much does it cost, how much attack does it have, how much life, how long is it´s ability acitve and how damage does it? That are questions which need to be answered here. The aim is not to be perfectly balanced as a card itself but as a card in it´s faction. The balance will not be 100% accurate thats nearly impossible to do without testing however we can at least try to get close.

4. Design: It´s time to find a style for the unit which fits it´s faction and itself. If you are good in creating artworks it´s your time to shine. If we get lucky someone can make some concept arts of the suggestions in this phase. If your not that good in this no problem just explain your vision of the card. If a style is found which represents the skills of this card very nicely and looks good at the same time we can get more into detail.

5. Name: What name fits the unit, sounds good and is easy to refer to (think about the poor casters if we actually get something done here and it got a name that no one can pronounce).

6. Trivia: To round it off some backstory or something like this on the card would be quite nice.

Phases 4-6 will probably influence each other heavily so maybe those will be more or less going on at the same time.

Now lets start with phase 1 and at the same time give me some feedback if you are interested or if it´s not worth the effort. If you think there is a way to improve how this is handled ideas are always welcome the sooner the better.

I try to look into this as much as I can however since I got a lot of stuff to do at the moment I need someone to co-moderate this so who is interested?

Have fun and be open to suggestions by others. Don´t be mad if one of your suggestions turns out not to be the first choice, think about why that may be and lern from it. :)

update: The red text is the phase we are currently in.

Edited by Kiwibaum

I feel like Frost could you a memorable funny looking card, the faction feel too serious.

Nature has the occasional mana wing

Fire has the stupid looking enforcer chasing swift units in body slam form.

Shadow has the goofy phoenix and his cancelled animation all the time.

To start with, I think the base design could be created by  www.bfcardcreator.com/  

Then, community suggestions may take place and the damage/HP can be tested by similar cards that exist, there is yet no other way.

It's not a bad idea, I like it, may create some fun things :)

Good luck with this!

3 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

To start with, I think the base design could be created by  www.bfcardcreator.com/  

Then, community suggestions may take place and the damage/HP can be tested by similar cards that exist, there is yet no other way.

It's not a bad idea, I like it, may create some fun things :)

Good luck with this!

Thanks for the links seems to be quite usefull in this case. :)

Nice to hear that there is interest. :)

I suggest a Schadow/Nature ranged T2 L-killer so nightguard isn´t that necessary anymore. This may make t1 nature more viable. I´m no PvP expert so what do you think about it?

Also since there is not much going on here if there isn´t more coming the next few days I will abandon this.

I think there is surely some interrest, but maybe some people share my view. I find this idea quite good, but i dont have the feeling that there is such a nyche as you described it. I feel like this game has quite good balancing and every splash has its own options to react to different situations. 

17 minutes ago, rittindentod said:

I think there is surely some interrest, but maybe some people share my view. I find this idea quite good, but i dont have the feeling that there is such a nyche as you described it. I feel like this game has quite good balancing and every splash has its own options to react to different situations. 

I see. :D

Then just suggest some role you like to see a new unit in. Maybe as an alternative to a unit you don´t like that much but you have to play because only it fills this role or just because you have a nice idea for a unit in a specific role. You can also tell what it exactly does or what you think it should look like. The Phases shouldn´t be that strictly seperatet. Should add that to the initial post. :D

Edited the opening of the initial post to clear things up a little bit.

18 hours ago, Kiwibaum said:

I suggest a Schadow/Nature ranged T2 L-killer so nightguard isn´t that necessary anymore. This may make t1 nature more viable. I´m no PvP expert so what do you think about it?

Also since there is not much going on here if there isn´t more coming the next few days I will abandon this.

17 hours ago, rittindentod said:

The thing about BF is, that every faction has its strength and weaknesses. Put together, all of this balances out. This is for example that shadow doesnt really have good L counter, which creates an incentive for shadow to mix with other colors, like for example fire for gladiatrix or frost for defenders. This is ok, since shadow has a strong point that all their units have high DPS and very high burst damage potential, and very strong buffs. ( Frenzy and Nasty Surprise)

This alone makes adding new cards very difficult, since you should not add cards that balance out a factions weakness, because it will cause it to become overpowered. Therefore the only option left is to add new mechanics. However, adding new mechanics require alot of creativity and is even harder to balance since there is no basis for it in the current meta.

Therefore making a card for fun is fine but balancing it is going to be very hard, if not impossible :)

I'd like to see a :neutralorb::neutralorb: T2 card with splash damage for something like 60-100 power. It should have no knockback but instead be able to deal damage to a big area so that it's excellent vs big groups but only decent vs small groups and inefficient against single targets. It should be able to attack both ground and air targets.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of an L unit for 80 power (500 Splash / 750 M).
"Autoattack": Shoots units with a projectile every 4 seconds that explodes on impact dealing 100 dmg to every unit (squads count as one).
"CC ability": Slows allied and enemy units in a 50m radius by 30%.

It's just a random idea. I don't have a specific character or lore in mind and I didn't give a thought about the viability, uses and abusing of this card. But I have to go now so that has to wait. I simply think it's an interesting idea.

@Kaliber84 That's interesting, because a double empty orb would mean that it is a legendary card, right? That means it will not be spammable, because only one may exist at a time. Therefore there is no reason to make is so cheap, powerwise. I think, it should be way more expensive instead (like 125 power min), and should have a free (or low powercost) active. The active could be like throwing a giant magic ball or something that deals the enormous damage against groups, but the autoattacks should not be splash than.

Also, if it will be a legendary card, there must be some lore involved indeed. So maybe we can come up with some name that is called in the lore but never really described or so...

I'm all for pve. Making a good pvp cards is very difficult and might not be too exciting because the more fancy a card gets the harder it becomes to balance it right.

So I would simply say, go pve and have fun with some crazy ideas :)

As for that I also think a T4 card would be cool, as balance becomes an even lesser issue. So my idea is, why don't we make a rainbow card?

One orb of all colours. Fire/Frost/Nature/Shadow. If you go for this combination you get some really good cards like Bloodhorn, Construct, Grimvine or Great Wyrm, Regrowth etc. but it really lacks a "must have" card that gives this army an edge. I think what a rainbow deck lacks in particular is a good ranged damage dealer and support support capabilities. Regrowth is great, but you can't win games on it alone. Unholy Hero is another great asset but only reall viable on ranged cards.

I think a Dragon with some good passive abilities would be cool.

12 minutes ago, Mental Omega said:

I'm all for pve. Making a good pvp cards is very difficult and might not be too exciting because the more fancy a card gets the harder it becomes to balance it right.

So I would simply say, go pve and have fun with some crazy ideas :)

As for that I also think a T4 card would be cool, as balance becomes an even lesser issue. So my idea is, why don't we make a rainbow card?

One orb of all colours. Fire/Frost/Nature/Shadow. If you go for this combination you get some really good cards like Bloodhorn, Construct, Grimvine or Great Wyrm, Regrowth etc. but it really lacks a "must have" card that gives this army an edge. I think what a rainbow deck lacks in particular is a good ranged damage dealer and support support capabilities. Regrowth is great, but you can't win games on it alone. Unholy Hero is another great asset but only reall viable on ranged cards.

I think a Dragon with some good passive abilities would be cool.

I agree on adding a T4 card. Not so sure about the rainbow unit though. I feel like you can get pretty much anything from the ones available. You get Bloodhorn what is probably the best XL Counter in the game( 3 shots anything but Commando Walker with Unholy Hero and its active). On top you can get Gemeyes for long range damage and if you really want to use it in that deck you can put LSS in. You have good amount of support spells with Regrowth, Equilibrium, Oink, Maelstrom, Coldsnap on top the great SoW for void manipulation.

What i really miss is a great T4 damage spell. While you can use Maelstrom, Soulshatter and Thunderstorm and Earthshaker is only for buildings - none of those is really kicking ass units in a T4 scenario. Any faction got something that is at least okayish in an offensive way( even Nature has Enlightment).

Obviously i would not make it as good as Cluster Explosion but definetly something that would give this deck to compete with other factions.

Alternaively you could probably go the other way around and create an area where units get a damage buff.

43 minutes ago, Treim said:

I agree on adding a T4 card. Not so sure about the rainbow unit though. I feel like you can get pretty much anything from the ones available. You get Bloodhorn what is probably the best XL Counter in the game( 3 shots anything but Commando Walker with Unholy Hero and its active). On top you can get Gemeyes for long range damage and if you really want to use it in that deck you can put LSS in. You have good amount of support spells with Regrowth, Equilibrium, Oink, Maelstrom, Coldsnap on top the great SoW for void manipulation.

What i really miss is a great T4 damage spell. While you can use Maelstrom, Soulshatter and Thunderstorm and Earthshaker is only for buildings - none of those is really kicking ass units in a T4 scenario. Any faction got something that is at least okayish in an offensive way( even Nature has Enlightment).

Obviously i would not make it as good as Cluster Explosion but definetly something that would give this deck to compete with other factions.

Alternaively you could probably go the other way around and create an area where units get a damage buff.

I always found Gemeye very lacklustre and only ever saw the need to take one if you go pure Stonekin because... well there is not a lot of choice to begin with when it comes to ranged damage.

And yes, that was what I meant with "passive ability". Some kind of aoe buff that makes units better in one way or another. As you already said, rainbow already got the basics covered but it's still lacking a little something.

But you know what? I came to think about T4 and since rainbow (keep calling it that for now) is actually in an okayish spot, what about a Fire/Frost card?

In T4 there is no synergy whatsoever between Fire and Frost since basically all good creature cards require 3 pre-determined orbs.

Fire Worm and Magma Fiend are nice to have. Battleship and Construct are nice to have, but too slow for rpve. And Tempest and Emper Strike are... well let's forget about them. The highlights are Cluster Explosion and Earthshaker, but even they can't carry a whole T4 deck.

A good XL/XL would help a great deal but I think even that might be too little...

2e3aiwh.jpg

Sorry for that shameless piece of self promotion xD

Forget what I said, we want a new card after all and not one I already made :P

27 minutes ago, Mental Omega said:

I always found Gemeye very lacklustre and only ever saw the need to take one if you go pure Stonekin because... well there is not a lot of choice to begin with when it comes to ranged damage.

And yes, that was what I meant with "passive ability". Some kind of aoe buff that makes units better in one way or another. As you already said, rainbow already got the basics covered but it's still lacking a little something.

But you know what? I came to think about T4 and since rainbow (keep calling it that for now) is actually in an okayish spot, what about a Fire/Frost card?

In T4 there is no synergy whatsoever between Fire and Frost since basically all good creature cards require 3 pre-determined orbs.

Fire Worm and Magma Fiend are nice to have. Battleship and Construct are nice to have, but too slow for rpve. And Tempest and Emper Strike are... well let's forget about them. The highlights are Cluster Explosion and Earthshaker, but even they can't carry a whole T4 deck.

A good XL/XL would help a great deal but I think even that might be too little...

2e3aiwh.jpg

Sorry for that shameless piece of self promotion xD

Forget what I said, we want a new card after all and not one I already made :P

Forgiven ;)

I always felt like Gemeye can be usefull in certain situations. I always liked it against twilight rPVE maps to kill the cc towers before entering a base - there are definetly better units though, i agree.

Fire Frost might get interesting as well. As designing a unit might get a little bit more interesting than a spell - at least i see more room for creativity about units Fire Frosst seems to be the better choice. They have at least some spells you can use somewhat properly as you pointed out. I always liked Ice Tornado as well in that one. In combination with Frost Bite an XL counter could be really promissing and give those decks a pretty good unit against bosses as well.

How is it going to be decided what suggestion will be taken for further steps btw?

Art by the game Smite.

medusa_smite_by_scebiqu-d8n20g2.thumb.jp

Hi I wonder in the future if we could make a Medusa [Nature/Shadow Card].

Cost 2-3

Ranged Attack Creature.

Damage: ?

Defense: ?

Abilities.

Stone Eye: Turn a selected into creature to stone for 10 sec, there will be a 60 sec cooldown after you have used Stone Eye. [Spell]

Poisoned Arrow: Every taget whos get hit by Poisoned Arrow loses [??] life in 5 sec. [Passive]

Swift: Moves at high speed. [Passive]

Edited by Yah-Kob

I also thought of a kind of snake creature

The art is from MTG

http://www.bfcardcreator.com/index.php?cardinfo=true&rarity=4&orb_generic=2&orb_red=0&orb_blue=0&orb_green=1&orb_black=1&card_name=Serpent Mage&card_energy_cost=220&ability4_type=&ability4_name=&ability4_desc=&ability3_type=&ability3_name=&ability3_desc=&ability2_type=activated&ability2_name=Serpentkin&ability2_desc=Upon death Unit splits into two Serpents with half the health and attack of Serpent Mage&ability1_type=passive&ability1_name=Snakeskin&ability1_desc=Unit takes 15TE80PERC less damage from Nature and Shadow Sources&image_url=http://www.artofmtg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pharika-God-of-Affliction-MtG-Art.jpg&unit_size=L&hitpoints=3850&attack_size=ranged L&attack_power=2800&section=unit&charges=3&building_type=&class_type=&race_type=&squad_type=Serpent Sorcerer&spell_effect_name=SnakeSkin&spell_decription=Unit takes 10TE80PERC less damage from Nature and Shadow sourcesUpon dying Unit will split into two Serpemts&spell_type=Seprent Sorcerer&card_color=multi&cid=11309

It's a Nature Shadow Serpent,

Having not played that much of the game (but still enjoying my time playing) I don't know how balanced this is :P

Edited by Hobnob570

Its art is from the card game Magic The Gathering.

fantasy_hydra_dragon_2560x1600.thumb.jpg

Hi I have a new idea an Hydra [Nature/Shadow Card].

Cost 3-4

Attack Creature.

Abilities.

Acid Breath: Every 2 seconds, unit spits an acid cloud at enemies that deals 100 damage per head which is 800 damage to enemies in a ?m radius, up to 300 in total. [Spell]

Life Stealer: 30% of the damage dealt by the unit will be added to its life points. Helps counter Instability. [Passive]

Siege: Deals 50% more damage against structures. [Passive]

Edited by Yah-Kob

14 hours ago, Treim said:

Forgiven ;)

I always felt like Gemeye can be usefull in certain situations. I always liked it against twilight rPVE maps to kill the cc towers before entering a base - there are definetly better units though, i agree.

Fire Frost might get interesting as well. As designing a unit might get a little bit more interesting than a spell - at least i see more room for creativity about units Fire Frosst seems to be the better choice. They have at least some spells you can use somewhat properly as you pointed out. I always liked Ice Tornado as well in that one. In combination with Frost Bite an XL counter could be really promissing and give those decks a pretty good unit against bosses as well.

How is it going to be decided what suggestion will be taken for further steps btw?

The decision is on you. I will start a vote as soon as I think there are enough suggestions. Probably letting you choose your first 3 choices. If there are two first places I let you vote on those two again.

Seems like there are a lot of Fire/Frost Nature/Shadow suggestions I like it. :D

13 hours ago, Hobnob570 said:

I also thought of a kind of snake creature

The art is from MTG

http://www.bfcardcreator.com/index.php?cardinfo=true&rarity=4&orb_generic=2&orb_red=0&orb_blue=0&orb_green=1&orb_black=1&card_name=Serpent Mage&card_energy_cost=220&ability4_type=&ability4_name=&ability4_desc=&ability3_type=&ability3_name=&ability3_desc=&ability2_type=activated&ability2_name=Serpentkin&ability2_desc=Upon death Unit splits into two Serpents with half the health and attack of Serpent Mage&ability1_type=passive&ability1_name=Snakeskin&ability1_desc=Unit takes 15TE80PERC less damage from Nature and Shadow Sources&image_url=http://www.artofmtg.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pharika-God-of-Affliction-MtG-Art.jpg&unit_size=L&hitpoints=3850&attack_size=ranged L&attack_power=2800&section=unit&charges=3&building_type=&class_type=&race_type=&squad_type=Serpent Sorcerer&spell_effect_name=SnakeSkin&spell_decription=Unit takes 10TE80PERC less damage from Nature and Shadow sourcesUpon dying Unit will split into two Serpemts&spell_type=Seprent Sorcerer&card_color=multi&cid=11309

It's a Nature Shadow Serpent,

Having not played that much of the game (but still enjoying my time playing) I don't know how balanced this is :P

Your link is not working for me :(

intermediate result:

- Kaliber84: :neutralorb::neutralorb: unit, -/L, ranged, attacks air and ground, splash, slows allies and enemies, cheap

- Mental Omega: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: unit, support

- Mental Omega: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: unit, damage

- Mental Omega: :fireorb::fireorb::frostorb::frostorb: unit, XL/XL

- Treim: :fireorb::frostorb::natureorb::shadoworb: spell, damage

- Yah-Kob: :natureorb::shadoworb:(:natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb:) unit, ranged, swift, poison, single  target stun

- Yah-Kob: :natureorb::shadoworb::natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb: (:natureorb:/:shadoworb:/:neutralorb:) unit, ranged, poison aoe, siege

- Me: :natureorb::shadoworb: unit, L/-, ranged, attacks air and ground

Did I got everyone? Did I got something wrong?

Don´t wonder why this is so rough we decide only on it´s purpose this phase. Your other suggested things will be discussed in a later phase.

Don´t vote yet this is only a intermediate result! :D

Its art is from the game Diablo.

malthael___reaper_of_souls_by_arist0te-d

Another idea, the Reaper as an [Shadow] or [Shadow Frost].

Cost 3

Attack Creature.

Abilities.

Drain Souls: When you have collected enough souls you will be able to create a Wraith creature [Spell]

Blink: Activate to teleport to an own ground unit within a 50m range. Reusable every 10 seconds. [Spell]

Wraith creatures.

Real_wraith.jpg.2c207ec58b0c8d497fddc135

Wraith:

Abilities.

Blink: Activate to teleport to an own ground unit within a 50m range. Reusable every 10 seconds. [Spell]

Edited by Yah-Kob

Are there any way that we could do fire/frost and shadow/fire cards. ?

P.S. i really miss some light type cards like having Angels or Griffins.

Edited by Yah-Kob

1 hour ago, Yah-Kob said:

P.S. i really miss some light type cards like having Angels or Griffins.

There are already some skyelfs... they are close to angels right?

Just now, SilenceKiller99 said:

There are already some skyelfs... they are close to angels right?

Yup but they dosent have that Heaven Light type, There is 4 types now Fire, Frost, Nature & Shadow. Besides that skyelfs are shadow and frost not light.

55 minutes ago, Yah-Kob said:

Yup but they dosent have that Heaven Light type, There is 4 types now Fire, Frost, Nature & Shadow. Besides that skyelfs are shadow and frost not light.

I don't wanna ruin your fun, but there is never gonna be a fifth faction (or more factions). And even if they might get introduced, it will take years to do that with this developing speed. (The devs do this in their free time, so they are slower than normal game developers.)

As for an Amii T4 card, I don't really think that is necessary. I did play Shadow/Nature a few times and it has many potent combinations. While 2 shadow + 2 nature orbs can be a bit lacklustre, 3 nature + 1 shadow or 1 nature + 3 shadow is a very valid choice.

Death Ray + Grimvine + Regrowth + Healing Gardens is really serious stuff if you used it correctly. Death Ray use their charge up rays on Grimvines (very strong against structures and extremely tanky) which in turn get healed by Regwoth + healing gardens (increases effectiveness of heals by 100%). You can even back that up with Furnance of Flesh + Cultist master for void manipulation (imo you should to that near the healing gardens).

You can also go for 3 nature orbs and 1 shadow as support and in turn you get Colossus, but that does not deliver quite the punch of a fully chared up Death Rays. Seriously guys, Death Rays have that name for a reason.

If this faction had access to base nukes like Cluster Explosion I think it would beat even Bandit T4 in terms of destructive power.

Edit: Yes, I did :P

Edited by Mental Omega

8 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

If this faction had access to base nukes like Cluster Explosion I think it would beat even Bandit T4 in terms of destructive power.

Well, let's think of a spell card that will help them with this, without making them way to OP.