Actual Damage Spreadsheet

Hi fellow Skylords!

Today I took the time to note down all the damage values from some cards (all the units with primary ranged attacks) in a google drive spreadsheet. I also calculated how much damage a ranged unit would do within 20 seconds (which should be equal to the amount of damage on the card). I came to the conclusion that a whole lot of cards have inaccurate damage values.

I calculated the damage with: (((min damage+max damage)/2)/seconds per attack)*20. For example aggressor deals 112 to 168 damage every 4 seconds, so: (((112+168)/2)/4)*20 = 700, which equals the damage value on the card.

There are two extra columns. One says if the calculated/tested value is equal to the value on the card. The other column with 'significant damage' says if the calculated/tested value differs more than 10% from the card value.

The rows marked in black gave ridiculous values, so can someone please check my calculations and/or ingame test this?

This is a link to the spreadsheet I made.

This is a link to the Excel document that Mental Omega made.

If you see any mistakes, miscalculations, misspelled things or vague things, post it here and add @SilenceKiller99 to the post.

To be Tested List:

- The units in the black coloured rows.

- Cards that have 'significant difference'.

- Cards that have not yet been tested (see the 'confirmed?' column).

Updates:

* Changed Gunner damage to 1200. (21-02-2016)

* Changed Stormsinger damage to 576,9. (21-02-2016)

* Changed Commandos damage to 660, which now equals the amount stated on the card :D (21-02-2016)

* Added a extra column (name: 'confirmed') which tells you if the calculated/tested value is confirmed by alpha testers. (21-02-2016)

* Changed Skycatchers damage to 4333,3. (21-02-2016)

* Added a link to Mental Omega's Excel document in this post. (21-02-2016)

Edited by SilenceKiller99
indubitablement likes this

According to your data, gunner does 1800 damage? i don't think that can be quite right, with siege it would be 3600 damage... i guess you should mark it black as well. @Mental Omega stated in another threat that the card has less damage than stated on it.

Lost priest really has no damage, same for forst sorceress/bandit sorceress. if only EA didn't skip math class.

LSS is totally legit, i trust your number on that one :kappa:

thanks for the list but i guess the values require a bit of testing in the forge.

45 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

Didn't @Mental Omega already do something like this ? Nice job nonetheless.

Yeah, I did but mine is a bit different. While it does state the correct damage done it also features another variety of infos like much much health or attack you get for each unit of power the unit costs. Also, all units have U3 values as well.

However, it lacks the convienient "is correct or not" column :P

Anyway, for those who are interested, I'll provide it as an attachment. It's not complete, a few units might be missing and I also only did I couple of structures.

Battleforge Card Stats.xlsx

Edit: @Lagops the sad thing is that I get the same attack value for LSS as him...

Edit 2: Also, allCards is not a reliable source. For example Skycatcher does not have 13000 atk. It shoots all 3 seconds, which actually gives it a real attack of 4333. And some cards also have a different atk value. For example, Gunner in allcards have 1280 atk, but ingame it actually states 960 (and in reality its 900).

I worked together with Labadoos to get the correct values for the units which looked most suspicious, but there is no full guarentee that everything is correct (which was one of the reasons why I was still holding my version back).

And, @SilenceKiller99 I advise you to lay open the calculation for each individual unit. Errors happen and other people should be able to double check your work.

Edited by Mental Omega

1 hour ago, LagOps said:

According to your data, gunner does 1800 damage? i don't think that can be quite right, with siege it would be 3600 damage... i guess you should mark it black as well. @Mental Omega stated in another threat that the card has less damage than stated on it.

On U0, it deals 192 to 288 damage every 4 seconds(192 per single target,  288 including splash), (192+288)/2 is the medium damage per 4 seconds= 240 
Damage per 20s is 240 x 5= 1200, slightly less than listed 1280

Interestingly, it only deals 60 dmg when attacking a squad of 4 bandit lancers, when only 1 unit can be "targeted"(knockbacked)

4 hours ago, LagOps said:

Lost priest really has no damage, same for forst sorceress/bandit sorceress. if only EA didn't skip math class.

LSS is totally legit, i trust your number on that one :kappa:

thanks for the list but i guess the values require a bit of testing in the forge.

Gunner:

(BFR Allcards:) "Every 2 seconds, unit uses its cannon to fire off a ball that deals 144 to enemies within a cone-shaped area, up to 216 in total."

So, first of all I took the average, which is (144+216)/2=180. If the unit fires at a rate of one shot every two seconds, this would mean 10 shots every 20 second. So ten times 180 equals 1800.

LSS:

Lost Spirit Ship has the following attack (BFR Allcards:) "Every 2 seconds, 8 turrets shoot independently dealing 115 damage to enemies in a 15m radius around its target up to 140 in total each."

So, the average is (115+140)/2=127,5. Eight cannons will deal eight times 127,5, so 8*127,5=1020. They will shoot every two seconds, so ten times in twenty seconds. 10*1020=10200 damage.

Of course, these damage values are according to the description from AllCards.BFReborn.com which might be false information. Therefor I asked in my first post if any alpha tester want to check this in the forge.

4 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

Edit 2: Also, allCards is not a reliable source. For example Skycatcher does not have 13000 atk. It shoots all 3 seconds, which actually gives it a real attack of 4333. And some cards also have a different atk value. For example, Gunner in allcards have 1280 atk, but ingame it actually states 960 (and in reality its 900).

I worked together with Labadoos to get the correct values for the units which looked most suspicious, but there is no full guarentee that everything is correct (which was one of the reasons why I was still holding my version back).

And, @SilenceKiller99 I advise you to lay open the calculation for each individual unit. Errors happen and other people should be able to double check your work.

Yeah, I found out AllCards is not a reliable source, because Commandos, LSS, Gunner and some more cards would be ridiculously to strong this way.

It would be nice if we could work together with some alpha testers to check up all the values. If any alpha testers wanna coöperate, contact me.

About the calculations, I used the Google Rekenmachine (Dutch for Google Calculator), so the chance that I made mistakes are indeed present. If you think some value is not correct, you might wanna calculate it and compare our outcomes, because Iam only a human, I can make mistakes.

Edited by SilenceKiller99

@SilenceKiller99 Gunner actually fires all 4 seconds and it actually does more damage too. You can see this in Ultrakools ingame screenshot:

As for LSS, I think this is actually the correct damage value and you are not mistaken. I remember doing that calculation when the old servers were still up and got something about 10k as well.

It just further shows how stupidly strong this unit is.

And Commandos actually really state that they shoot bolts which deal 11 damage every second, so that must be a mistake in the description because its real damage output nowhere gets close to being that high.

4 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

On U0, it deals 192 to 288 damage every 4 seconds(192 per single target,  288 including splash), (192+288)/2 is the medium damage per 4 seconds= 240 
Damage per 20s is 240 x 5= 1200, slightly less than listed 1280

Interestingly, it only deals 60 dmg when attacking a squad of 4 bandit lancers, when only 1 unit can be "targeted"(knockbacked)

I'll check LSS when I'm back home. If anything arises contact either me or @Ladadoos since I think we too will be most active to help.

6 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

Anyway, for those who are interested, I'll provide it as an attachment. It's not complete, a few units might be missing and I also only did I couple of structures.

Battleforge Card Stats.xlsx

@Eirias In the link in this quote you will find Mental Omega's spreadsheet, with T3 included. 

Iam gonna add T3 in the future, after I added the other (not ranged) units. (Those units have no description, so I will not be able to calculate their damage, testing is needed).

Just wondering, does the attack value on the cards change if the upgrades give extra damage? Or will it stay the same?

5 minutes ago, YaBro0 said:

@SilenceKiller99 the stotmsinger description on allcards is wrong, it does not shoot every second for sure :D also it doesn't do any splash dmg.

That's indeed correct. They shoot every 2.6 seconds and the damage at U0 is 75 damage. I fixed the description in AllBFCards (click 'reset all' in the top right corner to view changes).

3 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Thank you YaBro0, @Ladadoos could you tell me how many seconds each attack take and how many damage they do (on a non-counter unit)?

About what card are we talking ?

And commandos shoot every 2 seconds I believe and not every second.

They do shoot every 1 second, according to ingame descriptions. 

Edited by Ladadoos

14 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

I was talking about the stormsinger, but you already fixed it.

If you could tell me for the commandos too, would be nice. You have to kill 5 of the 6 squad members to really test it though.

That being said though, they do indeed do 11 damage each, but from the test I just did they do indeed seem to shoot at a rate of 1 each 2 seconds.  (I used http://www.timeanddate.com/stopwatch/ to time it)

Results:

56ca1d5eba166_Commandosfirerate.png.9a0c

Edited by Ladadoos

Isn't the skycatcher's attack rate too high? 1 second atk rate isn't true, just watching the video and seing 2 sec(maybe 2,5 sec) between attacks, and also he knockbacks M units, Proof ->

https://youtu.be/1vwkpwmUshU?t=11m41s

Look right to anim of Skycatcher who fires into the BanditStalker. There is 1 sec for the first atk, but between atks there are 2 or 3 sec.

*Have Just counted right now. His atk is 4333, if we use correct attack time - 3 sec - like the Giant Wyrm's. So this number is near as on the card 4333 ~~~ 4660

Also LSS too legit...

Edited by Chimaka( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)