Reset Win/loss ratio + ELO

MephistoRoss

1 hour ago, LagOps said:

edit: are there even high rank players who never smurfed? did @MaranV smurf? other than him i am having trouble finding anyone who never smurfed (aside from myself i guess ;) )

Oh he did smurf ! But Matos never smurfed, i think. I don't know about Flameworkz, was that his first and only account ?

14 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Just for my information, multiaccounting is forbidden, right?

If you only care about the 'vision' others will get from you this whole 'problem' could be easily fixed by adding a option to play anonymously. So you would just get a random name, which will also change every game, so its nearly impossible to get recognized.

If you care about playing on the right ELO niveau because you switch decks much, than the anonymously PvP solution, would not really be a solution xD

Yeah that would be a nice change for me, its also cool cause no one knows by your name what kind of Deck your playing. 

11 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

@MrXLink Maybe the list of staff members must be updated. Bolrader is not even in the list.

By the way, is there no IP-detector thingy that just deletes multi accounts? Or give an alert to a staff member who can decide to delete one of the two accounts or something?

Its not that hard to find same IPs, and even if its forbidden the most games tolerated multis. Also Multis where family members plays the game over the same ip is usually alowed. 

On 20.2.2016 at 6:17 PM, Smok said:

I think there should be win/loss ratio based on games played, for example, to two months ago. So if somebody had 40% ratio at start, but after year he improved and wins 60% of games, he will have more accurate ratio displayed. It's better than allowing reset, where player makes reset after single loss to have constant 100% win/loss ratio.

The same though came to my mind. I totally agree with and support this suggestion.

Additionally I like what @LagOps said. An anonymous mode would be a great way to solve many of the problems. A mode that allows you to play anonymously in both ranked and unranked where your name isn't shown. In return you shouldn't be able to see the enemies name either. You can still play for ELO if you want to that way without being harrassed.

PS: Only read the first half of the thread.

Could someone link me to the post where Hawk claimed multiaccounting is not forbidden?

Multiaccounting is forbidden, but can't easily be avoided. We don't encourage it at all, but honestly we won't be able to monitor it, like any game company. The whole "IP detector thing" is harder to create than you think, as some people share IP addresses (same home, or same PC) or switch IP addresses (visiting friends). It's not that easy. It exists for the forums but in a really inconvenient way so it's bothersome to go through.

As for the staff list, thank you. I did not have time before to add that. I'm on it.

15 hours ago, LagOps said:

@SunWu II. so he did really smurf as well? don't tell me he plays anything aside from stonekin on haladur? my world is comming to an end!

I don't know about matos, but you might be right about flameworkz since he played on his main when he came back and was rusty.

15 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

Oh he did smurf ! But Matos never smurfed, i think. I don't know about Flameworkz, was that his first and only account ?

I think he had a smurf - i am pretty sure he contacted me few times over his smurf as we were playing sometimes together. I might be mistaken about this and simply mixed it up with someone else.

Still about 80% sure. I have no clue if he ever played PVP on that account either ;).

46 minutes ago, MrXLink said:

Could someone link me to the post where Hawk claimed multiaccounting is not forbidden?

On 14.8.2015 at 2:15 PM, Blank said:

The game in it's current state does not allow for creation of more than a single character (client limitation, not server limitation). Therefore on initial launch we will not have support for multiple characters. I don't have a problem with multi-accounting though.

It was in this thread here:

Edit: Oh, that was Blank, i mixed them up. But maybe that was the statement Eirias was referring to

Edited by SunWu II.

4 hours ago, Treim said:

I think he had a smurf - i am pretty sure he contacted me few times over his smurf as we were playing sometimes together. I might be mistaken about this and simply mixed it up with someone else.

Still about 80% sure. I have no clue if he ever played PVP on that account either ;).

I played 2v2 with him for multiple years, but he never used a smurf so I guess he didn't have one at least for PvP. But seriously, I don't remember any other decent player that had no smurfs.

Btw: The account "Flameworkz" is a smurf itself. He just wasn't as good when he used to play on his main account and therefore it is not well known.

Every high ranked player used smurfs since there were so many attractive reasons to use them and I just don't see any reason to forbid smurfing. Even EA allowed it (okay, to be fair it was most likely because of money-reasons).

On 22.2.2016 at 5:22 PM, Aragorn said:

What about a season reset like many competitive game does every year?

This just sounds great tbh.

8 hours ago, MrXLink said:

8 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

Oh, that was Blank, i mixed them up. But maybe that was the statement Eirias was referring to

Yes, Sorry, I meant @Blank. But yeah, that was the thread I was referring to.

9 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Yes, Sorry, I meant @Blank. But yeah, that was the thread I was referring to.

Well that thread basically states the same thing. We honestly don't want multi-accounting but we can't prevent it, so we'll have to accept that it might happen anyway.

so much text, i will just add my suggestions real quick:

- dont allow us to reset

- allow us to have ~4 elo wells:

we can select into which well our wins will count. this will allow us to have an elo for different decks, and allow us to quickly change between them. it will also prevent reseting for easy wins.

5 hours ago, bobfrog said:

- dont allow us to reset

we can select into which well our wins will count. this will allow us to have an elo for different decks, and allow us to quickly change between them. it will also prevent reseting for easy wins.

Interesting idea, I like it

6 hours ago, bobfrog said:

- dont allow us to reset

I don't think that will solve the problem. It's basically like a fixed amount of resets (3) with the additional advantage of being able to switch between them. But once someone isn't satisfied with the elo's he got he will create another account again. It just takes more time until he does.