Basic shadow PvP Guide [Not Finished]

Yinpoukeen

This is just a short preview  to see if you would like this kind of Guide it is far from being finished! 

Basic shadow PvP Guide

Hey everyone this will be my first and hopefully not my last Guide^^

This guide is mainly focused on Beginner and Average player. I by myself got to Rank 150 in 2vs2 I know there are a lot here that reached higher ranks especially in 1vs1 and they will probably have much more experience than me. Thus said I'm open for new Tips and Tricks and if I made a mistake please correct me I'm just a human after all.^^ I am not

a native speaker so expect some minor or (hopefully no) major spelling errors.

So let's start with the Guide:

1. What's essential in PvP ?

2. Short Deck introduction.

3. Card Information.

1. Units

2. Spells.

3. Buildings.

1. What's essential in PvP ?

My personal experience showed that speed, energy management and multi tasking are the most important things in PvP. You need to have a good/fast start if you spawn your first Unit 5 seconds later than your enemy does the game might be over most of the times. Then when you got a good start and gathered some energy watch out that you don't spawn to many units in unnecessary/useless places. Last but definitely not least multi tasking! I know males are not able to multi task you might say but you are wrong^^ If you watch 2 high ranked player in a serious 1v1 you should not be able to keep track on all his Unit movement. It is essential to attack at the same time on different locations if your opponent can't handle it or is to focused on one front you will guaranteed win. (That's my personal opinion and these are some rather simple examples there is a lot more^^) We will talk about some basic Tactics later on.

2. Short Deck Introduction.

The deck I will be focusing on today consist of 18 shadow cards,

1 lost soul card (Shadow and Ice) and 1 ice card and will find its use in a PvP based round I do not recommend using this deck in PvE. I will get in detail with the deck later on.

3. Card information.

There is a lot of information on a single card it's a important part in a good PvP match that you learn your cards by heart.

3.1 Card information (Unit)

The following picture shows a good example card I've made some markers and try to summarize every aspect briefly. Some things are kind of self explanatory.

230459.png

1. The name of the unit in this Case Nightguard. It's always good to know the name of the cards even if the enemy uses them it helps better coordination with your mate if you play 2v2.

2. This number indicates the energy cost of the card pretty simple. You need 65 energy to summon the Nightguard.

3. The dot/orb indicates the Tier number of the card. In this case it is a Tier 1 pure shadow card so you need one shadow monument to summon this unit. It goes all the way from Tier 1 to Tier 4 (4 Dots). If the dot is fully covered in one color, then you need that type of monument. (Lila=Shadow, Red=Fire, Blue=Ice, Green=Nature those are the basic elements.) Grey=Neutral you can always summon neutral cards they do not depend on the element of your monument you just need the right number. (e.g. 3 frost monuments = Tier 3)

4.This Number indicates how many charges you have on that card. You can't summon more than 3 Nightguards at the same time if you want to summon more you need to wait a bit as soon as you summon one a cooldown will be applied until it has 3 charges again.

5. The flash symbol typically comes with a ranged unit/building it gives you more information about the range and damage of the auto attacks.

6. This is your active ability in the Nightguards case she is able to swap the control with an enemy unit permanently. Not every Unit has a active ability.

7. This is your passive ability the first Nightguard has Swift which means she is able to run fast the other one has Tainted Fury which lets her deal 50% more Damage against Humans. Not every Unit has a passive.

8. The bow symbol indicates, that this unit has range auto attacks. And the letter next to it is pretty important. This means that the unit deals extra damage against L-Units (Large-Units).

9. This is the damage number of the unit.

10. Here we see what size our unit is in this case medium and how much hit points she posses. The size is pretty important you need to keep an eye on enemy units and try to counter them.

11. Is the affinity of the card not every card has that. The affinity changes certain effects and is pretty important, because some cards a basically completely different just because of the affinity. There are 4 different types, but there are only 2 versions (e.g. Gifted and Tainted Nightguard no Blessed or Infused.)

(Lila=Tainted, Red=Infused, Blue=Blessed, Green=Gifted,)

12. Is the edition and rarity the pattern indicates the Edition it is from and the color indicates it's rarity. (Rarity: Common=Bronze, Uncommon=Silver, Rare=Gold, Ultra Rare=Diamond) (Editions: Twilight, Renegade, Lost Souls, Amii) so our example card would be Rare and is from Renegade.

13. You can always upgrade your card for more charges or stronger active effects and so on. To upgrade a card you need another copy of the same card. And at the bottom of the Text It shows you in which mission you can farm the Upgrade card. In this case it would be the 4 player mission Empire.

This is what i wrote so far it is far from being finished and i just published it because i want to know if you guys would be interested in this type of guide or not ^^ I want to do this type of guide to improve my english and ofc help the community^^.

This guide seems to be a aimed a lot more at general information than shadow-specific info. You should check out @RadicalX's guide: 

Since RadicalX is one of the most respected members of this community, and one of the best players of all time, you have a lot to compete with if you want to make the same type of guide as him. I'd suggest finding a way to differentiate your guide from his.

If you're curious about the other guides out there, I also made a thread highlighting some of the best guides out there. If there were more than one guide discussing the exact same topic, I just included the better one.

1 hour ago, anonyme0273 said:

As a first guide good job indeed! :) As @Eirias stated though, you are currently focusing on general PvP and ingame experience, I hope you can transform it into pure Shadow guide somehow :)

Good luck with that, if you need help, let me know (a Shadow lover here :shadoworb: <3

same i what to see what i can improve in my deck