Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
YaBro0

Uncommon PvP Tactics

Hey future skylords,

I had the same thread in the old forum and we gathered some very funny and strange tactics :)

The main point is to find some variety in decks and playstyles between all the mainstream decks.

Just share your ideas and strategies in PvP for 1v1 and 2v2 in this thread.

Of course they don't have to be highranked approved tactics but should still be playable somehow. 

I'll gather your ideas in this starting post that we can someday all try it out :D

Here's a little example from me that always made me the happiest guy on earth when it worked. 

When your opponent plays an AoC (or in the late game you can also play AoC in your opponents base yourself) just build a portal nexus and use the AoC to get it up in your opponents base. Once you managed to build it create a portal and instantly destroy it. The portal nexus will explode and kill everything in a 20m radius (3000-12000dmg on U0) :D

Now it's your turn to share some uncommon strategies. Hope we can someday have a huge list :)

1v1

- Portal Nexus + Aura of Corruption (Use the Aura to build the Portal Nexus in 20m radius of an enemies base, create a Portal and instantly destroy it)

- Darkelf Assassins + Dryad (green) (Place the Dryade next to the DA's to disable their debuff)

- Bandit Sorceress + Mortar Tower (Use her ability on Mortar to make him able to shoot at a 50m radius)

- Nox-Carrier + Ralling Banner

- Dryad (blue) + Stonekin Units (in range of dryad's buff stonekin units take 35% less dmg)

- Warden's Sigil + Termite Hill/Mortar Tower (Use the sigil to give shield to Termite Hill/Mortar Tower while it is building up near an enemy base)

- Wrathgazer + Altar of Nihil (Use Altar of Nihil while Wrathgazer lets units disappear)

- Wrathgazer + Evocater's Woe (Use Evocater's Woe on Wrathgazer to disable cc's on him while he lets units dissappear)

- Girl Power (blue) + Fire Dancer/Storm Singer

- Tunnel + Burrow Ritual/Burrower/Deep One/ Drones

Edited by YaBro0

Dont you think it would make sense to also gather that kind of strategies for PVE? Maybe we can expand this thread? Also it would be nice to have a short list of those strategies in the opening post (even though it will take some work to keep it updated).

9 minutes ago, Treim said:

Dont you think it would make sense to also gather that kind of strategies for PVE? Maybe we can expand this thread? Also it would be nice to have a short list of those strategies in the opening post (even though it will take some work to keep it updated).

Like I said, I will gather all stategies in the opening post.

Of course it would be great have a thread about PvE tactics too but I simply didn't want to mix it up to one thread. PvE strategies highly depend on maps and the variety is far bigger than in PvP and I didn't want things to go down under the mass of options you can have in PvE. 

And as someone who wasn't a PvE pro, I didn't want to make myself some kind of moderator in this genre. It would be better if someone with higher PvE knowledge would do this.

I would often use many desintegration units (in various decks). Wrathgazer, Lost Grigory, even Church of Negation. This would lead to an almost untouchable base and expansion was easy with Nether Warps etc.

Using spells against these units was fine, but I had a friend with which in 2v2 he would play Disenchant deck and would keep me safe :)

That was fun

1 hour ago, YaBro0 said:

Hey future skylords,

I had the same thread in the old forum and we gathered some very funny and strange tactics :)

The main point is to find some variety in decks and playstyles between all the mainstream decks.

Just share your ideas and strategies in PvP for 1v1 and 2v2 in this thread.

Of course they don't have to be highranked approved tactics but should still be playable somehow. 

I'll gather your ideas in this starting post that we can someday all try it out :D

Here's a little example from me that always made me the happiest guy on earth when it worked. 

When your opponent plays an AoC (or in the late game you can also play AoC in your opponents base yourself) just build a portal nexus and use the AoC to get it up in your opponents base. Once you managed to build it create a portal and instantly destroy it. The portal nexus will explode and kill everything in a 20m radius (3000-12000dmg on U0) :D

Now it's your turn to share some uncommon strategies. Hope we can someday have a huge list :)

Didn't portals only do damage to yourself? I don't understand the point of this.

30 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

Didn't portals only do damage to yourself? I don't understand the point of this.

Enemies and friendlies alike.

1 hour ago, YaBro0 said:

Like I said, I will gather all stategies in the opening post.

Dont we have exactly this topic floating around somewhere?

1 hour ago, anonyme0273 said:

I would often use many desintegration units (in various decks). Wrathgazer, Lost Grigory, even Church of Negation. This would lead to an almost untouchable base and expansion was easy with Nether Warps etc.

Grigori was played alot and its the most beautifull creature in.. Eh what ever. CoN + Nether Warp was very common too. In 2n2 even more than in 1n1.

4 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

Grigori was played alot and its the most beautifull creature 

Heheheheh Green Dryad > than Lost Grigori, Lost Souls hated losing their insta I win special ability :>

Just now, Darian DelFord said:

Heheheheh Green Dryad > than Lost Grigori, Lost Souls hated losing their insta I win special ability :>

Yeah.. I totaly get scared if I can no longer disentegrate against a nature splash because there was like no way they could counter that otherwise.

Phenomic should really have given nature some kind of cc... To play a 60 energy t1 unit at t3 is like the hardest counter to lost souls ever.

4 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

Yeah.. I totaly get scared if I can no longer disentegrate against a nature splash because there was like no way they could counter that otherwise.

Phenomic should really have given nature some kind of cc... To play a 60 energy t1 unit at t3 is like the hardest counter to lost souls ever.

Not talking about the disintegration, talking about the aggro ability.

For nature all that needs to happen is reduce the CP time from 5 seconds to 3 :>

Ah since I quoted someone talking about disintegration I thought you would talk about that too.

Dryad sadly just dies way too fast to be any use at t3.

I liked to use mortars in my fire-nature deck as a t2/t3 XL counter :)

It does 1200 damage with roots, and usually you'll just have the harvy/jugger go run somewhere else, so it becomes like a 50 power cc.

34 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

Ah since I quoted someone talking about disintegration I thought you would talk about that too.

Dryad sadly just dies way too fast to be any use at t3.

While true it severs a very specific purpose.  When you have a LG headed to base and you have defenders you can be assured that he will activate the aggro ability.  Just drop in the GD and go to town on his other defenders and or him.  This way he can not focus your base.  Works great against Frenetic Assault as well.

For a while a strategy that was starting to see play was the Enlightenment + Riffle Cultists on T3.

Since the cultists were cheap, it was probably the only enlightenment strategy that worked in PVP. Nature would try to get the ability off by CCing any unit trying to go for the little guys.

I don't remember when this was used and if it was before the Enlightenment nerf.

6 hours ago, Pigslord said:

For a while a strategy that was starting to see play was the Enlightenment + Riffle Cultists on T3.

Since the cultists were cheap, it was probably the only enlightenment strategy that worked in PVP. Nature would try to get the ability off by CCing any unit trying to go for the little guys.

I don't remember when this was used and if it was before the Enlightenment nerf.

Oh really, what was the enlightenment nerf?

1 hour ago, Ultrakool said:

Oh really, what was the enlightenment nerf?

If I remember correctly it was a mana cost nerf during Renegade 

8 hours ago, Pigslord said:

I think earthshaker would be better. I've seen enlightenment plays before, but never with rifle cultists. Those are super easy to kill or cc.

On my smurf in played Lost souls with Lost wanderer, Lost Priest etc. it was pretty much fun :D 

Farrock also castet one or two replays of my smurf. 

Here is the link if u are interested : 

i did play bandit sorcereress+cannon tower+aoc with MaranV in 2v2. was kinda okay-ish, but was more for fun anyways.

edit: if it wasn't for pure fire+bandits being terrible, firedancer+bandit lancer could be really broken...

Edited by LagOps

18 minutes ago, LagOps said:

i did play bandit sorcereress+cannon tower+aoc with MaranV in 2v2. was kinda okay-ish, but was more for fun anyways.

edit: if it wasn't for pure fire+bandits being terrible, firedancer+bandit lancer could be really broken...

Wait, but can't you just play firedancers in t3?

But why is that broken? Does the lancer ability work on buildings?

Edited by Eirias

3 minutes ago, Eirias said:

Wait, but can't you just play firedancers in t3?

But why is that broken? Does the lancer ability work on buildings?

yes, i can remember using it on buildings. i am not sure if that was changed at some point, but it definately used to work.

hm firedancer in t3... don't know if that was still worth it. in a 2v2 one player can stay t2 and spamm those while the other uses lancers. but not that i think about it, fire-frost or lost souls could actually play bandit lancer in t3 and do that.

Just now, LagOps said:

yes, i can remember using it on buildings. i am not sure if that was changed at some point, but it definately used to work.

hm firedancer in t3... don't know if that was still worth it. in a 2v2 one player can stay t2 and spamm those while the other uses lancers. but not that i think about it, fire-frost or lost souls could actually play bandit lancer in t3 and do that.

Yeah, I thought about it too. But I checked in the forge and I don't think the lancers' ability woks on buildings.