Welcome to Skylords Reborn

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• InsaneHawk

Join our Discord !   05/04/17

We're starting to do Giveaways on our Discord, so be sure to follow it and join it
      Here's the link to access our Discord : https://discordapp.com/invite/0y3WGMGXhd5q2lXA
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ikke2902

Quest to find cheap rpve 9 decks

12 posts in this topic

The first thing I want to achieve in BFR is getting a decent deck so I can play/farm rpve lvl 9. In the early days BFP and cards will be scarce, so I tend to use commons and uncommons only.

Here below is what I've came up with. I'd love to have 2x LSS, but those will be popular and therefor expensive/scarce. Grimvine could be as scarce as LSS, based on the old BFP pricing.

rpve9.png

I feel like I am missing something, because I almost forgot breeding ground...

Let me know how to improve this deck while maintaining or lowering it's BFP price. Other cheap rpve 9 decks are very welcome too :D

Note: I don't plan to beat Lost soul in rpve9 with these decks for obvious reason :P

1 hour ago, ikke2902 said:

The first thing I want to achieve in BFR is getting a decent deck so I can play/farm rpve lvl 9. In the early days BFP and cards will be scarce, so I tend to use commons and uncommons only.

Here below is what I've came up with. I'd love to have 2x LSS, but those will be popular and therefor expensive/scarce. Grimvine could be as scarce as LSS, based on the old BFP pricing.

rpve9.png

I feel like I am missing something, because I almost forgot breeding ground...

Let me know how to improve this deck while maintaining or lowering it's BFP price. Other cheap rpve 9 decks are very welcome too :D

Note: I don't plan to beat Lost soul in rpve9 with these decks for obvious reason :P

I'll just quote myself here. In that post theres a deck with upgrade priorities and kinda minimal effort for a lvl 9 rpve. Its based around solo rPVE but you should be fine basically in lvl 4 rPVE aswell. Probably increase deck lvl a bit and anything but Lost Souls shouldn't be a problem

1 hour ago, ikke2902 said:

That is a pretty cheap deck you've got there apart from SoW O.o

Works perfectly fine though. You just gotta use it correctly. I'd recommend playing mostly Map of the Month with that kind of decks. That way you can make some tweaks to the deck to maximizie its efficiency and can create an strategy for the map and have less RNG. Obviously this deck you gotta need to know what you do, otherwise you will probably fail to play this deck in an efficient way, especially if you have very few upgrades which minimizes room for any kind of mistakes. Even though you got enough time to probably win the map it will cost you a whole bunch of time if you ever wipe in a base.

Even though the deck itself is kinda easy to play, you gotta need to execute it on a high level or you will probably run out of charges for your heals which is your only way to complete the map. I can go a bit more indepth on what to do if you need any advise. So let me know :)

11 minutes ago, Treim said:

Works perfectly fine though. You just gotta use it correctly. I'd recommend playing mostly Map of the Month with that kind of decks. That way you can make some tweaks to the deck to maximizie its efficiency and can create an strategy for the map and have less RNG. Obviously this deck you gotta need to know what you do, otherwise you will probably fail to play this deck in an efficient way, especially if you have very few upgrades which minimizes room for any kind of mistakes. Even though you got enough time to probably win the map it will cost you a whole bunch of time if you ever wipe in a base.

Even though the deck itself is kinda easy to play, you gotta need to execute it on a high level or you will probably run out of charges for your heals which is your only way to complete the map. I can go a bit more indepth on what to do if you need any advise. So let me know :)

If you don't mind explaining, I'd like to know more about it. I'm ready for a wall of text ^_^

I will try to keep it as short as possible without leaving to much :). I won't mention obvious things like build a Breeding Grounds or the likes unless it is very important when to build them!

So generally at lvl 9 in solo rPVE you will face about 6-7 units at t2 and sometimes a tower, there will not be a spawn building which helps a lot. If there are 6 units you should get away with 5 Windweavers and 1, maybe 2 heals. If theres 7 units and/or a tower I'd advice you to build 2 Werebeasts and 4-5 Windweavers. Shouldn't be much of an issue tbh. You can kill your Werebeasts now to get wells up and your t2.

T3 can differ a lot so i won't go indepth that much, just general advices. You should generally get away with 3-5 Nightcrawlers oink and some heals + your Windweavers. With your Nightcrawlers you need to aim for the Spawn building youu'll face. Oink enemy units while that and let Windweavers focus down air units or if theres no air aim for towers. After that is just clean-up. If you are facing a close base at t2 save some power ( very situational but araound 400 should be fine). Rush T2 and defend with your t1 army. Keep them long enough alive with heals to get t2 and Oink. Build some Stone of Torment for defense( you gotta need to add it). Spawn about 3 Nightcrawlers run to the Spawnbuilding cc whatever possible and frenzy them to kill it. Clean-up after that. Note that this is just a general advise how to approach that situation, you might need to look out for your own solutions though.. be creative :) . Build Decomposer + FoF in front of your t3 monument and kill all the units you left and that are not necassery to defend. Build up t3 afterwards. Get SoW asap as you will probably only have  1 charge of it and you will need 2 definetly to keep the active up all the time! Thats the only reason why this deck works in T4.

Between T3 and T4 is another base in similar strength of T3. Wait to clear it until your SoW active is ready. I'd advice 2 Swampys and 2 Magma Hurlers for that base. For T4 you might need 3-4 Magma Hurlers though. if there is a boss at t4 you probably want Healing Gardens already. If not, build it after you got your t4 wells. Prioritze Surge of Light as your Main Heal at this stage of the game as you will need any charge of the higher tier heals you can get later on. When t4 is cleared wait with building the orb. Get back to your decomposer + FoF and kill all your units ( Get a new Breeding Grounds at your t4 as you will get attacked their as soon as you start building the orb). Note that if you used any t3 heals offer one of your t3 units instead of decomposing to get back the charge.

T4 is where it becomes tricky. It really depends how many units you need. For the first stage of t4 camps you might get away with 4-5 Giant Wyrms. Always clear those first! For 2nd tier of t4 bases you will need at least 8( if you managed to keep your heals up properly). Whenever your offering comes off-cooldown you want to use it. If you run out of charges you should use it on your t3 units to get back 2 heals, unless you got enough energy to get a new Giant Wyrm. Keep up your Healing Gardens and SoW all the time. You are not allowed to have huge downtimes of that. Try to get enemis splitting their focus on your Giant Wyrms to get Maximum Heals as often as possible. Do not heal instantly but be calm and only heal when a Wyrm is either about to die or you get maximum effectiveness of your heals. Be VERY careful/patient about them! Try to focus down some bigger units first but kill the Spawn Building before they respawn! That will minimize taken damage. Always try to focus big units with all your Giant Wyrms cause of same reason. You gotta need to improvise for your t4 defense. You can probably defend early waves with 2-3 Stone of Torment, might not work if you enter 2nd tier of t4 bases though. Always keep a Rifle cultist one base behind the one you are fighting. You gotta need to position it that way that it does not attack or get attacked by incomes that are aiming for your t4 base. That Rifle Cultist is your ground presence where you gonna spawn more Giant Wyrms after you started clearing first few t4 bases.

You gotta need to keep in mind multiple things. You have very little room for mistakes as otherwise you will run out of heals rather quickly:

1. Reactivate Healing Gardens and SoW every 30 seconds( you need 2 each)
  2. Keep on Offering Units to get Heal Charges back( i think cooldown is 20 seconds unless you run out of charges which will happen sooner or later)
  3. Keep your Rifle Cultists 1 base behind the one you are fighting in and keep them in a safe spot
  4. Focus Fire of your Giant Wyrms and keep them alive
  5. have an eye at your t4 in case a to strong income hits it

Hope i didn't missed anything important and this helps you. For any further questions feel free to ask me.

That was a really nice reading. I wouldn't have thought to keep using lower tiers for ground presents or offering for lower healing tiers.

From a casual rpve players point of view it is an eye opening thanks for the explenation :)

I will try toremember correctly. For random maps or masps that did not required specific decks I used to play:

T1

Windweavwers

Werebeasts

Shaman

Surge of light

Roots

T2

Oink

Cannon tower

Ray of light

Breeding grounds

Make to the third orb with those cards, then:

T3

Thornbark (big spam)

Hammerfall

Equilibrium

Swamp Drake

T4

Giant wyrm

Grimvine

Construct

Grinder

Regrowth

Use constructs in the back against spamming buildings and let the other units smas everything around.

You could add coldsnap+stone warrior, but coldsnap used to be not cheap. Promo grinder was dirty cheap for its value

12 hours ago, element said:

I will try toremember correctly. For random maps or masps that did not required specific decks I used to play:

T1

Windweavwers

Werebeasts

Shaman

Surge of light

Roots

T2

Oink

Cannon tower

Ray of light

Breeding grounds

Make to the third orb with those cards, then:

T3

Thornbark (big spam)

Hammerfall

Equilibrium

Swamp Drake

T4

Giant wyrm

Grimvine

Construct

Grinder

Regrowth

Use constructs in the back against spamming buildings and let the other units smas everything around.

You could add coldsnap+stone warrior, but coldsnap used to be not cheap. Promo grinder was dirty cheap for its value

I think this deck is not optimal for rPVE though. you are most likely lacking charges in t4 unless you reach deck lvl around 60-70 which is far from optimal in such an early scenario.

Also defensive towers are never worth a slot in allround decks for rPVE.

Also Shaman, Grimvine, Grinder and Ensnarring Roots are all around 60-100 BFP which is quite a lot considering you will need charges for at least some of them.

Construct is not going to work out in rPVE very well as they are slow moving and generally not work out without teleportation ( Burrowing Ritual + Tunnel/Deepcoil Worm ; Netherwarp).

Ray of Light only really gets good if you want to add in Healing Gardens ( but then it really kicks ass ;)).

I do not really see the value of Ensnarring Roots in most situations if you are going with Melee units anyways.

If you ever get whiped with this deck you literally lost the game- theres no way to recover as you have no charges or void manipulation to get anything done.

Thats just a few things that are bothering me ;). I am not going to much into detail as most of the changes i would make would result in exactly the deck i mentioned earlier in this thread. If you are interested in a deck that should work with deck level around 20-30 feel free to check it out ;)

I really never had problems with this deck :) I guess I developed a way to use it. Construct was very useful, it's slow, but while your main T4 units join the fight, constructs whipe out buildings very fast from behind.

Sure there are Moore optimal decks, that just worked for me very well. Your right about the deck level, I overlooked that , I had units maxed out.

Edited by element
Level

Regarding the deck i posted earlier in this thread. I actually just tried it out with deck lvl 0. Worked perfectly fine for lvl 9 solo rPVE. Both t3 and t4 had close camps so i got wiped out twice and still finished in 25 minutes. Considering that you most likely play Motm for farming you can easily get a low 20 minutes time. By playing with upgrades(deck lvl 16) on a similar map i got a 22 minute time.

What really hold me back was also the Cooldown on Offering and Giantwyrms. Key is to upgrade Offering once and Giantwyrm twice so that you can back 2 charges for Giant wyrms with one offering.

Edit: If anyone got an idea how to speed things up with mostly commons and uncommons (max. 2-3 rares) let me know and ill try it out on a low deck lvl.

Edited by Treim

Posted (edited)

All you need. with some common cards to get to t3. Go firenature, then at t3 delete two orbs after making infected towers, then get a bunch of culitsts masters and do whatever orb combo you want after that. 

Proceed to make a million bugs for the cost of about 3 power each. (you can even use enbalmers shrine and others to make you able to actually get positive return on power use)

Rifle_Cultists.jpg

Cultist_Master.jpg

Blessed_Infected_Tower.jpg

Regrowth.jpg

Revenge.jpg

Soulshatter.jpg

Edited by clOWN86