PvE & PvP Tutors & Apprentices

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 5:06 PM, SilenceKiller99 said:

I would like if you thoroughly test this hypothesis of yours. I would suggest a 3-man tournament, and please post it on your youtube channel. :lol:

See Below

On 9/12/2016 at 5:22 PM, Eirias said:

Well, I played Darian a bunch and he didn't take a single game off of me :)

Dawn seems REALLY rusty (so I might be better than him rn) but as far as 2v2s go, I think @LagOps might be the strongest Beta tester (he certainly wasn't as rusty as me).

Some 2v2 games incoming (one of them was hilarious, but unfortunately I didn't record it live :()

Eirias beat the sneezit out of me.

I think its fair to say that we are all rusty.  Give it some time and I am sure some folks will iron it out.  Of course I had promotional testing and then hurricane matthew to deal with and i am just now getting back home. I could not remember the damn hot keys to save my life!.   I will avenge my defeats!!!!!

Edited by Darian DelFord

6 hours ago, Darian DelFord said:

See Below

Eirias beat the sneezit out of me.

I think its fair to say that we are all rusty.  Give it some time and I am sure some folks will iron it out.  Of course I had promotional testing and then hurricane matthew to deal with and i am just now getting back home. I could not remember the damn hot keys to save my life!.   I will avenge my defeats!!!!!

He's back!

Glad you're alright, I was worried because I haven't seen you in a while.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also willing to teach, tutor anyone after the game comes out, even the very starters, since the basics are the most important (just by mastering the basics one could reach even the Legend rank) and more experienced players as well to polish their gameplay.

I was a Sovereign ranked player (green/platine circle 4 dots), maining Shadow-Nature, who has a wide knowledge about the game, but due to lacking mechanical skills I couldn't get higher than the top 4. position.

I can teach in english and hungarian.

My teaching times probably will be the afternoons of the weekdays (CET) until 1 am, but this can still change according to the exact date of the game's release and the progress of my studies and job.

I believe the best method for tutoring is that first we go through the basics broadly and then the one willing to learn plays a game, sends me the replay, we play one together, and after these we talk through both of the games (preferably on skype/teamspeak/discord).

My main strength was my T1.

But there's only 1 exception: it is the fact that I cannot play, and so don't have the ability to teach pure fire.

* a lil' sidenote: I reached Master of the Forge rank in PvE within the first 10 players, so I can give advices in regards of the PvE maps, especially their speedruns.

Edited by tbpeti

• 2 weeks later...

In the old Battleforge I was a PvE (speedrun) player, I only did a bit 2vs2 (with smookes) and some sparring grounds for fun. However, in Skylords Reborn I want to do more PvP. I already did some sparring during the beta and @LagOps gave me some good tips. But I feel like I still have a lot to learn, so I would like to sign up to be tutored.

Since I didnt play ranked PvP in the old Battleforge, I dont know what my rank would have been. 

Deck: Shadow-Nature as main

Language: Dutch / English

Online: Evenings (CET) and weekends

Please let me know if you are interested in tutoring me with analysing replays together and playing sparring grounds with me to point out mistakes. 

Edit: Since we were getting a bit off-topic in this thread, I split up discussing my PvP skills/mistakes to this thread: http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/2695-pvp-tips-wanted 

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone.

It's been a while since this thread was posted, and as we are inching closer and closer to the dream of the grand reopening of BattleForge, with the best case scenario of Open Beta being End of Febuary (Not set in stone), I have given some thoughts how to best organize this great coaching idea. After all, this coaching scene could come alive within just a few months! 

I've gotten in touch with Destoyerfros and we have decided its a good idea to open a Coaching and Tutoring server on discord. Please bear with me, the server is a Work In Progress and is not even close to done. We will have a bot system where you can apply your own roles and the factions you play etc, as well as text channels to ask and receive answers regarding strategies etc.

Anyway, regardless of whether you are a Tutor who applied or an apprentice, or just a keen BattleForge soon-to-be player, anyone is welcome in the discord server. 

The link is here: https://discord.gg/dZzKexQ

As always any comments or critics are welcome as a reply or in the server under #Serversuggestions.

Ultra

Edited by Ultrakool
LagOps and xHighTech like this

Hey everyone,

Okay so I may have been less active (okay not active) recently (6 months?) But this seems a good time to return (Forced by Ultra).

Anyhow with the hopeful open beta now around the corner, this thread has gained relevance, as many of you will soon be able to enjoy/get stomped but still enjoy PvP again.

So the discord channel link has been added to the original post and if any of you would like to become an apprentice and get a better handle in the awesome PvP in skylords or use your epic skills to Tutor another player, just reply and ill add you to the list.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

I will definitely be making a lot of pure shadow guides and general pvp tips when I get back in. I was in the top 200 when I was only like 13; pretty sure I can get to Rank 1 now since I am 23.  I am a pretty competitive gamer getting into high elo on many MOBAS and RTS games.

Edited by Darmonic

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 1:42 AM, Darmonic said:

I will defiantly be making a lot of pure shadow guides and general pvp tips when I get back in. I was in the top 200 when I was only like 13; pretty sure I can get to Rank 1 now since I am 23.  I am a pretty competitive gamer getting into high elo on many MOBAS and RTS games.

Well you are welcome to join the server is open to all

5 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

Expanded the Thread and Server to PvE and PvP Tutoring.

Well, then please add me to the PvE section as well, with the addition that i would like to help anyone who needs it from the mid to high level in this part, on most maps even speedruns included (not sure if i remember all I knew before, but i definitely have the knowledge of 50-80% of the maps' speedrun tactics). If we add the battlegrounds to this as well, I'd gladly help anyone from level 7 to 10.

Also, please cut my availability to the following: weekdays from 8 pm ( CET ) to midnight and weekends from 5 to 9 pm. It is possible that I will be available for more time, but during this period hopefully I will not forget to join the tutoring discord channel where anyone can contact me.

• Ultrakool featured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

The great Morathyls here, was usually ranked in the top 20 in my prime. 

I played/play exclusively pure frost, and can help with deck advice/sparring/spectating or any questions with pure frost decks.

Conditions: You have to call me senpai and/or sensei (Onii-chan is acceptable for the ladies aswell)

I can teach you all about playing War eagles the right way!

On 5/19/2018 at 1:50 PM, Swanea said:

When the game hits open beta I'd enjoy some PvP help and some general stuff on Advanced/Expert PvE.  I was super casual in the game and really didn't push to much in either.

join ze discord :D