Shadow/Frost

I really loved to play as Shadow/Frost also known as Lost, u had alot of early damage and pressure from shadow and alot of defence (buildings and cc) from the frost so it wasn't only great for pvp but also for pve, Tell me if u loved to play this as well!

There were quite some ways to play shadow frost in rPVE and you could do some very interesting decks with it. I especially enjoyed playing lost converter in t2.

T4 had a variety of options which were very fun. Probably the most unique deck( never saw someone doing that) i used was a deck based around Revenants only. So basically you are just applying the buff on them and then kill all your units. With Revenants Blessing and Netherwarp you could hold them alive and get through next base without loosing to much time on the revenant effect. Etheral storm was pretty good with that deck.

I really loved to play as Shadow/Frost also known as Lost, u had alot of early damage and pressure from shadow and alot of defence (buildings and cc) from the frost so it wasn't only great for pvp but also for pve, Tell me if u loved to play this as well!

I am no fan of Lost, but the faction specific cards are really cool looking and feature some interesting twists and abilities. But I think Lost just stood out with lame, cheese and overpowered units for such a long time that I kinda started hating it near the end of BF.

Don't get me wrong, but most LS units were either broken or terrible, you can tell by the fact that all popularly used LS cards were on a Watchlist and were nerfed. And while there are a lot of really cool things like Lost Warlord, Lost Dragon and the Revenant theme in general I just got sick of seeing LSS spam every single time I played some rPvE.

Sorry about being so negative xD

• 3 weeks later...

I built my Lost Souls deck for PvE, yet I didn't like them for PvP as much, preferred pure Shadow on that matter. I'd go :shadoworb::frostorb::shadoworb::frostorb:, because I felt an agressive presence felt better at T1 at most of the PvE maps. Still had a LS testing deck for PvP, but it never got as funny as pure Shadow, in PvP that is ^^

• 1 month later...

I am kinda racist in BF, playing pure shadow (other pure decks for fun) but in begining I played shadow shadow frost deck on T3 with ... Tremors + nasty surprise and kobold engineer + kobold trick + church of negation + Nether warp (unit porting spell to port enemy close to my church) and this was pretty fine for start.

(later I used pure shadow with satanel or wrathgazer + evocators woe)

sorry no place for revenant units :)

RejectedHades likes this

Lost souls and pure shadow were both great, but 2 lost reavers didn't cost as much as Harvester but were stronger than him, lost banestone is op and Lost Grigori was pretty useful with his 200 cost too, I liked LS better, I still never used the ship, not even in PvE.

On 12/20/2015 at 8:05 PM, ImDray said:

i love lost could you message me with a PvE deck list because i am quiet bad at deck making

I used to play alot  of Shadow/Frost decks back in the day. I named my PvP Deck Vodka-on-Ice it was Cold and Strong!^^

The Combination was great because pure Ice would've been too slow in PvP most of the times. So i would recommend start with shadow Tier 1 that way you have access to the Swift Nightguard and other fast starter minios which was pretty much essential in PvP and on the other hand if you start Tier 1 shadow you will also benefit from the great Spells such as Nasty Suprise, Life Weaving, Motivate and Offering(Green).

I dont quite remember the rest it has been such a long time...^^

Anyway i loved it. Shadow/frost and Pure Fire my main Decks

Ohh yes, the possibility of Church of Negation :) Lost was really strong in both offense and defense, thus a really strong and fun possibilities to play. 

For some reason, I really liked Lost Priest, even though he was pretty much useless against a Nightcrawler, Enforcer or other M/M counters from other decks. 

Also, Lost Grigory, a fine CC unit and L counter and as a PvP noob, I even used the Lost Launchers (or what's the tower with shield called...)

Oh, Lost Decks... fun to play and useful as well. Pretty rare combination for me

2 hours ago, youto000 said:

the only bad thing is all you see in PvE is lost spirit ship i wish people would be more creative

I played 2 kinda creative Souls decks for rPVE if thats fineto you.

First one is the easier ones of both and kinda easy to pull off - just keep building up some towers when you are running into a deadlock to fill up your LSS'S ability again. You play the nature affinity LSS's for their heal ability and use Lost Dragons as main damage unit. You add few Lost Warlords for tank and XL Counter.  For the LSS's ability you can go with Altar of Chaos( the bomb counts as building) if you start t1 with frost as you then have Ice Barriers for the Ability recharge inbetween bases. You can basically use the absorbing ability whenever it is off cooldown. Otherwise i would recommend Armored Tower.  Example Deck:

125kyaf.png

Second one is very similar however even way harder pull off and require you to keep your units in a very small area. Basically you are using the same strategy however with a full army of Revenants. This strategy is super slot intensive and you really need to know how to move in and inbetween bases or your army wont survive 2 minutes. It also takes quite some time to get the energy for it - I'd highly recommend to go 2 shadow orbs in t2 for early Resource Boosters. If you are really good with that deck you can probably keep up your army for about 5 minutes. After that you gotta need to rebuild it completely. As the deck is so slot limited I would recommend using any t4 unit for Offering. You should have enough power anyways as the Revenants are voidless and you do have Cultist Masters + FoF.  Example Deck:

2vuj3mo.png

Some general information about these 2. If you face Lost Souls as enemies you are somewhat fcked unless you are making  very good use of Frenetic Assault( thats the only reason why that one is in the decks). You gotta be careful with Lost Warlords, they get destroyed super fast by Necrofurys - so be ready to use the LSS's crystal any time you hit a base. Make sure to let your Lost Dragons hit the enemy Lost Dragons to get the debuff onto them. Each of your Lost Dragons should optimally hit a different one than any of your others. That way you disable their debuff by applying your own( again Frenetic Assault is the key card here). Cultist Masters is key to get started in t4 asap. Obviously the t1- t3 is somewhat changeable. Most of the spells and and units in t4 are considered Core though, especially in the second deck.

I hope i remembered those  decks 100% correctly, what i put up on top should work though.  If you have any more questions about those feel free to ask.

Btw you can do great stuff with Lost Souls cards even in t2 - you got a very good variety of good units and combos. My favourite combo for clearing t3 is Lost Converter( Frost) and Darkelf Assassins or Lost Dancers. Sadly to make this work really well you need a mate that is using the frost affinity Nether Warp to teleport the ranged units into the area of Lost Converters effect.

this is my lost souls PvE deck:

it is an all round deck not based off anything the orb order is shadow, frost, shadow, frost. you may only get the resource booster at t3 but then you have FoF cultist master and the juice tank resource booster combos. and the motivate infect combo is devastating. 

1 minute ago, youto000 said:

it is an all round deck not based off anything the orb order is shadow, frost, shadow, frost. you may only get the resource booster at t3 but then you have FoF cultist master and the juice tank resource booster combos. and the motivate infect combo is devastating. 

this is a better image  lost souls deck<br/><a href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/8z0fok.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

16 hours ago, youto000 said:

this is a better image  lost souls deck<br/><a  data-cke-saved-href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/8z0fok.jpg" href="http://oi64.tinypic.com/8z0fok.jpg" target="_blank">View Raw Image</a>

I'd highly recommend changing that one up for rPVE as you have a lot of wasted slots ;). I didnt really played normal PVE other than speedruns and very few maps , so i may not judge about that.

Like rPVE and PVE generally are pretty different - t4 is by far the most important part while t1-t3 is basically just playing weird strategies( if you can afford to do so timewise) or getting through with as few slots as possible :). General Tier order: T4>T1>T3>T2. If you want to stay with a large T2 and T3 like that without changing much thats fine obviously as shadow spells are super efficient even in later tiers (especially the T3 ones - Soulshatter, Infect, Frenetic Assault). However at least remove Juice Tank and Lost Launcher. Defensive Towers are a no-go unless you need them for some very special strategies( like Rioter's Retreat with Bandit Sorceress and Commandos). Juice Tank will never be useful as the effect never kicks in. Your wells generally never run out of power even when putting Resource Boosters onto them( only exception - put them onto your wells around 2-3 mins into the game and they will run out like 1 min before the game ends where that extra power Juice Tanks offer you doesn't make a difference anyways - especially as you need to build them beforehand anyways. I would advice you to take in Soul Splicer (nature) and Maelstrom or Frenetic Assault. If you want an optimized deck for rPVE i am open for any requests ;).

Sorry for that wall of text

Btw your post is kinda messy - maybe you want to change that as you are quoting the exact same post in the post - :D

10 minutes ago, youto000 said:

2 qq 

1 what is rPvE?

2 what should i add other than soul splicer?

1) rPVE = random PVE = Battleground

2) I'd recommend Skeleton Warriors or Dreadcharger - up to personal preference there 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎-‎12‎-‎2015 at 0:12 PM, Dallarian said:

Sound very good, but i never had chance to try this. Always played Nature/Frost or Pure Frost. But I should try your combo :frostorb:

How you were building orbs? :frostorb::shadoworb::frostorb::shadoworb:  ?

Uhhmm i don't remember actually I have to get back into it bc I had a pretty high elo back than but totally forgot how the game worked and stuff sry.. I will try to look it up

On ‎20‎-‎12‎-‎2015 at 11:06 PM, Mental Omega said:

I am no fan of Lost, but the faction specific cards are really cool looking and feature some interesting twists and abilities. But I think Lost just stood out with lame, cheese and overpowered units for such a long time that I kinda started hating it near the end of BF.

Don't get me wrong, but most LS units were either broken or terrible, you can tell by the fact that all popularly used LS cards were on a Watchlist and were nerfed. And while there are a lot of really cool things like Lost Warlord, Lost Dragon and the Revenant theme in general I just got sick of seeing LSS spam every single time I played some rPvE.

Sorry about being so negative xD

True but those people Always had a combi deck of like nature frost and shadow so it wasn't really a lost deck

On ‎20‎-‎12‎-‎2015 at 0:12 PM, Dallarian said:

Sound very good, but i never had chance to try this. Always played Nature/Frost or Pure Frost. But I should try your combo :frostorb:

How you were building orbs? :frostorb::shadoworb::shadoworb::frostorb:  ?

I Think I would start with a :shadoworb: orb and rushed in with the (nox troopers and the horse guy xd) and tried to dominate over the midlane orbs with my friend than i would take those orbs and get them to 2:frostorb: orbs and made some defence , and a mountaineer to start building a team and maybe swap afterwards if i needed a shadow orb. More i can't really remember but as soon as this game goes online i will start to play it alot again and try to improve my decks.

On ‎16‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 6:26 AM, youto000 said:

i love lost could you message me with a PvE deck list because i am quiet bad at deck making

On ‎16‎-‎2‎-‎2016 at 8:09 AM, Yinpoukeen said:

I used to play alot  of Shadow/Frost decks back in the day. I named my PvP Deck Vodka-on-Ice it was Cold and Strong!^^

The Combination was great because pure Ice would've been too slow in PvP most of the times. So i would recommend start with shadow Tier 1 that way you have access to the Swift Nightguard and other fast starter minios which was pretty much essential in PvP and on the other hand if you start Tier 1 shadow you will also benefit from the great Spells such as Nasty Suprise, Life Weaving, Motivate and Offering(Green).

I dont quite remember the rest it has been such a long time...^^

Anyway i loved it. Shadow/frost and Pure Fire my main Decks

i actually loved to play fire to with the jugg and stuff but the harvester was the coolest. :)

• 1 year later...

When I was introduced at the game, the edge of Shadow really compeled me... and then I learned about the mixed factions and Lost Souls. It was love at first sight. The cards were kinda expensive back then, and with very little BFPs, I tried many other deck combinations. But deep in my heart, my desire for Lost Souls never tired, and throught many sacrifices and efforts, I finally managed to get myself one full PvE deck, which I kept until the servers were shut down.

With Reborn coming soon, you can be sure I will pick this deck again... but why stop there ? I already have plans for others strategies and, who knows, other colors ? (Probably bandit)

... Why the hell do I keep responding to 1 year old topics ?

Edited by Alstar

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.2.2016 at 4:05 PM, Treim said:

First one is the easier ones of both and kinda easy to pull off - just keep building up some towers when you are running into a deadlock to fill up your LSS'S ability again. You play the nature affinity LSS's for their heal ability and use Lost Dragons as main damage unit. You add few Lost Warlords for tank and XL Counter.  For the LSS's ability you can go with Altar of Chaos( the bomb counts as building) if you start t1 with frost as you then have Ice Barriers for the Ability recharge inbetween bases. You can basically use the absorbing ability whenever it is off cooldown. Otherwise i would recommend Armored Tower.  Example Deck:

125kyaf.png

Second one is very similar however even way harder pull off and require you to keep your units in a very small area. Basically you are using the same strategy however with a full army of Revenants. This strategy is super slot intensive and you really need to know how to move in and inbetween bases or your army wont survive 2 minutes. It also takes quite some time to get the energy for it - I'd highly recommend to go 2 shadow orbs in t2 for early Resource Boosters. If you are really good with that deck you can probably keep up your army for about 5 minutes. After that you gotta need to rebuild it completely. As the deck is so slot limited I would recommend using any t4 unit for Offering. You should have enough power anyways as the Revenants are voidless and you do have Cultist Masters + FoF.  Example Deck:

2vuj3mo.png

Some general information about these 2. If you face Lost Souls as enemies you are somewhat fcked unless you are making  very good use of Frenetic Assault( thats the only reason why that one is in the decks). You gotta be careful with Lost Warlords, they get destroyed super fast by Necrofurys - so be ready to use the LSS's crystal any time you hit a base. Make sure to let your Lost Dragons hit the enemy Lost Dragons to get the debuff onto them. Each of your Lost Dragons should optimally hit a different one than any of your others. That way you disable their debuff by applying your own( again Frenetic Assault is the key card here). Cultist Masters is key to get started in t4 asap. Obviously the t1- t3 is somewhat changeable. Most of the spells and and units in t4 are considered Core though, especially in the second deck.

I hope i remembered those  decks 100% correctly, what i put up on top should work though.  If you have any more questions about those feel free to ask.

Btw you can do great stuff with Lost Souls cards even in t2 - you got a very good variety of good units and combos. My favourite combo for clearing t3 is Lost Converter( Frost) and Darkelf Assassins or Lost Dancers. Sadly to make this work really well you need a mate that is using the frost affinity Nether Warp to teleport the ranged units into the area of Lost Converters effect.

I don't understand why you take Rifle cultists without offering in the 1st deck and in the 2nd deck only offering without rifle cultists :D

Maybe missed that cards?

14 minutes ago, HeroPat said:
On 16.2.2016 at 4:05 PM, Treim said:

125kyaf.png

2vuj3mo.png

I don't understand why you take Rifle cultists without offering in the 1st deck and in the 2nd deck only offering without rifle cultists :D

Maybe missed that cards?

Messed up in the first deck by taking riflr cultists instead of Offering. As you have 3 t4 units anyways, rifle cultists are not really necassary. Especially when considering that LSS is a support unit and you need a lot of power to get going in the first place (2x LSS, Altar of Chaos stacking, Lost Warlord, Lost Dragon). Offering LSS afterwards to get stacks is not really an issue afterwards as you also have to keep feeding your LSS with buildings and cast a few spells. I at least cant remember ever having issues with it.

Obviously i did those decks purely out of memory, so i won‘t rule out conpletely that i missed something.

I had a similar deck based on the revenance. The main difference however was the second chance card I added to this strategy. Activate the revenance abilitys, cast second chance, kill your units and get the original units + the revenance. So overall you got double the amount of units for a short duration.

There are two problems though:

First you have to play 3 Shadow for second chance. So either you play with LSS and t3 units (t3 sounds weak but when you double your army even t3 is still quite strong.) or you use amii monument for a fifth orb.

Secondly second chance was bugged as hell. Often your units died and just didn't come back. So with bad luck you lost all your units because of this bug...

13 hours ago, Chibiterasu said:

First you have to play 3 Shadow for second chance. So either you play with LSS and t3 units (t3 sounds weak but when you double your army even t3 is still quite strong.) or you use amii monument for a fifth orb.

Lost Horror green aff could be an interesting choice. The multishot and splash damage is strong enough to consider it in T4 for PVE and rPVE, even if it is terrible on one-on-one situations.

Edited by Alstar