Poll: Future Loot Lists

MrXLink

BFReborn Loot List  

401 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to happen to the BattleForge Upgrade Loot/Drop List? (If we end up being able to manipulate it)

• Keep the loot list BattleForge originally had
    • Randomly create a new loot list
    • Create a new loot list themed around the map to the extent we can
    • Create a new loot list focused on distributing popularity amongst maps for a better player-to-map balance in PvE

You are missing the fact that you would need to have bought those two temporary elements so that you could convert discarded upgrades to tokens in normal PvE maps. The biggest reason Battlegrounds was so popular was that you wouldnt need the elements there but you always would get tokens.

And if someone had those elements and wanted to earn tokens most efficiently, mostly King of the Giant and The Insane god were solo'ed because they would give you the best playtime/token ratio (=many rare/ultra rare upgrades in the loot list of that map).

PtD however was popular for the gold/XP rewards.

Well that creates a bit of confusion in the new BFR, since Tokens will be abolished. And without the elements, disenchanting upgrade cards will give you Gold, which in the new BFR will be used for upgrades. Seems like elements will also need to be reworked.

Well that creates a bit of confusion in the new BFR, since Tokens will be abolished. And without the elements, disenchanting upgrade cards will give you Gold, which in the new BFR will be used for upgrades. Seems like elements will also need to be reworked.

I was just describing how it was in the old Battleforge...

Right now I also think this would be the best case, but even if it is possible to do, i'm pretty sure messing with it and implementing will give a headache to the programmers. ^_^ My only concerns are that this would make the 12p maps less popular 'cause of the higher droprate...

Why the hell would a map be less often played because of a higher droprate? If you mean that because people will get the upgrades they want with fewer runs, then that is a solution to one of the problems they currently have. And I don't think it will do much good to force people to play the map a dozen times for one specific upgrade. They'd just use gold to upgrade instead and we'd have even fewer players on the 12p maps.

How about increase the PVE XP reward for these maps for map of the month, or increase the place numbers that gets this reward, i.e.: normally 1-3 place gets reward, then for "not so popular" maps 1-10 place gets rewards for that map for that month?  This will help increase the popularity of that map. That being said though, everyone will probably play in their own "speed run groups", still leaving the average player with difficulties finding a match.

On the Topic of Speedruns, will speed run decks be automatically hidden or will you still need to purchase these "elements" to keep the deck hidden? This was obviously a ploy by EA to make money with and I think speed run decks should be automatically hidden without having to fork out BFP for it...

On the topic about speedrun groups:

I feel like in the old BF there were plenty of just random speedrun groups in the rankings. Only the very top of the placements were actual speedrun groups due to the lack of speedrunners as well. So i do not think that average players have to worry about not finding matches as i would not expect a massive increase of speedrunners.

Decks should be hidden indeed. Seeing the deck gives so much information about what strategy someone used and thats somewhat lame as those strategies often takes quite some time to get discovered. It just makes it much more unrewarding discovering strategies than it should be.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Will the loot be equal divided over all maps or will a map have more loot and another one less, especially with option 3 and 4?

On 10.12.2015 at 0:59 PM, MrXLink said:

Considering the UI only has up to 4 slots for loot distribution I consider that to be quite a tough aspect to improve on.

A solution would be to give every group their own 4 loot cards. So that group A sees their own 4 cards and the 4 cards will go to players in group A, then group B will see their 4 cards which will go only to players among group B and so on. This should be possible server-side, by sending the clients, that the other groups have got nothing.

On 13.12.2015 at 9:44 AM, MephistoRoss said:

And if someone had those elements and wanted to earn tokens most efficiently, mostly King of the Giant and The Insane god were solo'ed because they would give you the best playtime/token ratio (=many rare/ultra rare upgrades in the loot list of that map).

I had those Elements only once (when we all got them for free) and used them only for a short time, so I dont know which was the most efficient way, but I played the Soultree map, because it is so easy (if you know how) and it is fast done (but somehow cheaty this way).

loot system should meet the following basic criteria:
1) Encourage people to spend time in the game. So the reward should not be too generous, especially in view of the system of daily awards. Because collecting all the cards, many players leave the game.
2) The award shall depend on the complexity of the card. The easiest method is to bind to the complexity of the number of players on the map.
3) The award shall be a valuable person should enjoy receiving cards. Many people wish for months to get this or that thing in online games. There should be a similar principle. Can not months, but days should leave.

• 1 month later...

Just an idea:

What do you think of a system, where you could select a certain card you really want to get from the loot list and then the percentage of this card dropping would increase based on the rarity of the card. This would help players getting the cards they want/ need to build one specific deck they like. 

On 7.02.2017 at 2:06 PM, Prestige said:

loot system should meet the following basic criteria:
1) Encourage people to spend time in the game. So the reward should not be too generous, especially in view of the system of daily awards. Because collecting all the cards, many players leave the game.
2) The award shall depend on the complexity of the card. The easiest method is to bind to the complexity of the number of players on the map.
3) The award shall be a valuable person should enjoy receiving cards. Many people wish for months to get this or that thing in online games. There should be a similar principle. Can not months, but days should leave.

Are you sure about first point? Daily rewards weren't generous in old Battleforge, it was 1 BFP per day. People were doing one quick match for this reward and close the game till next day. Do we really want playerbase that plays only 1 match per day, because longer sessions doesn't offer good enough rewards? I belive that grind should be a possible way to get cards.

( I belive that you are talking here about BFP loot system, not upgrade system, since you are talking here about cards, not upgrades. Collecting all upgrades don't change anything since you still need x copies of card to use those in proper deck).

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't know how could you make the loot list better 

but I want just 1 thing

do something about the 12 player maps

people played 12 player maps a lot of the time to get 1 specific card, and the loot was 4 cards distributed among 12 players, so 8 players would get nothing, especially if at the time you didn't have a decent pc, then most of the time loot would be gone by the time you get to the loot screen, that sucked ass, if 12 players play a map making their best effort, each should get AT LEAST 1 crappy card they didn't want

if you could do something about that, that would be awesome

berschok likes this

I'll be honest here I have no idea what map had what cards but I suggest harder maps should have the upgrades for better cards

Did they ever added the new cards' upgrades to the loot pool or no? That would aslo be great if nothing else

I voted for "Create a new loot list focused on distributing popularity amongst maps for a better player-to-map balance in PvE", but maybe it could be possible to combine the "player-to-map balance" aspect together with the map themed distribution of loot?

On 12/11/2015 at 12:05 PM, Ladadoos said:

This sounds like the best of both worlds to me. Eventhough this is not an option, I am currently voting for a mix of these 3. They are in order of importance, meaning that #1 has a higher priority than #3.

1. Create a new loot list focused on providing basic/essential upgrades to new players in the first few maps.
  2. Create a new loot list focused on distributing popularity amongst maps for a better player-to-map balance in PvE. 
  3. Create a new loot list themed around the map to the extent we can (i.e. Lost Warlord B in Empire) .

This is the most logical suggestion thusfar in my opinion.
Would it take more work to figure such a thing out? Sure.
However, I believe it would be well worth the effort.

Particularly as the original loot system was all over the place.

And if we can keep anyone in 12p maps from completely getting the shaft (getting pretty much nothing), that'd be great too.

Upgrades to common cards being available early would definitely help newer players (so basically all of us at first) get a solid leg up on the game.

Edit: But failing the ability to have the quoted option, I voted for 3. Might as well keep it on theme.

Edited by Tyroki

• 6 months later...