Void Power, what is this and how work?

Dallarian

Void Power is a pool of Power that comes from any used spells, destroyed buildings and killed units. 

Also, toggle abilities add up to the Void Power. It is used to rebalance and quicken up the game as well as it creates the need of some Power management. ALWAYS pay attention to what you think your opponents Void Power might be. There are certain spells that interact with Void Power, but that is not so important now.

Some math - 90% of used Power for a spawned unit, used spell or a built building will be refunded when the unit is killed, spell is issued or building is destroyed. 100% of toggle abilities is returned to Void Power (VP from now on). The more VP in the pool, the faster it flows into Usable Power (UP). The approximate rate is 1 Power  into UP per 50 Power in VP pool every 2 seconds - example - if I have 0 VP and my Harvester dies, my VP pool will now have 300-10%(300) = 270. In the first two seconds, I will get back 5 Power, as it is closer to 250 rather than 300.

If you wish to know more, I highly reccomend reading the official BF Wiki page HERE.

Also, here is a flowchart from that Wiki page and percentage of all actions to help out. Good luck Skylord! :bf: 

ActionAmount transferred to VPAmount transferred to LP
Unit dies (D)90%10%
Building is destroyed (D)90%10%
Power Well is destroyed (D)0%100%
Orb is destroyed (D)0%100%
Spell card is played (E)90%10%
Activated ability is used (E)90%10%
Toggled ability is used (E)100%0%
Building is repaired (E)100%0%

Power_flow.png

Edited by anonyme0273

Void Power is a pool of Power that comes from any used spells, destroyed buildings and killed units. 

Also, toggle abilities add up to the Void Power. It is used to rebalance and quicken up the game as well as it creates the need of some Power management. ALWAYS pay attention to what you think your opponents Void Power might be. There are certain spells that interact with Void Power, but that is not so important now.

Some math - 90% of used Power for a spawned unit, used spell or a built building will be refunded when the unit is killed, spell is issued or building is destroyed. 100% of toggle abilities is returned to Void Power (VP from now on). The more VP in the pool, the faster it flows into Usable Power (UP). The approximate rate is 1 Power  into UP per 50 Power in VP pool every 2 seconds - example - if I have 0 VP and my Harvester dies, my VP pool will now have 300-10%(300) = 270. In the first two seconds, I will get back 5 Power, as it is closer to 250 rather than 300.

If you wish to know more, I highly reccomend reading the official BF Wiki page HERE.

Also, here is a flowchart from that Wiki page and percentage of all actions to help out. Good luck Skylord! :bf: 

ActionAmount transferred to VPAmount transferred to LP
Unit dies (D)90%10%
Building is destroyed (D)90%10%
Power Well is destroyed (D)0%100%
Orb is destroyed (D)0%100%
Spell card is played (E)90%10%
Activated ability is used (E)90%10%
Toggled ability is used (E)100%0%
Building is repaired (E)100%0%

Power_flow.png

That was from Circadia's guide, I believe.

@Dallarian

If you want to see the rest of that guide, you can check out http://www.mediafire.com/download/mj4oxmdxqz1/BF-PvP+Guide.pdf

There are 2 or 3 other guides that also explain void power. You might want to check out http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/898-guide-navigation-new-players-come-here-for-all-your-needs/ to see if there are any other mechanics of battleforge you didn't know about.

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, youto000 said:

void power is so confusing :(

In basic terms: void power is a source of power that comes from things that die or get destroyed. So if you don't use something or to get stronger units you would get it faster if you kill your own weaker units/buildings you don't use. Power comes much faster from void pool than from power wells

except for of course power wells and monuments which when destroyed don't give you void power. Protect these with your life

From a game design perspective it is a genius solution to avoid camping and reward aggressive play. And the LP punishes you for losing units and buildings, while also limiting the amount of power available in the late-game. In theory after the power wells are drained all power will slowly fade away into the LP and thus it is also a limiting factor for the game time. That is never achieved though as there are timers in PvP matches. That the advantages one gets are only temporary is quite standard as a concept but usually it isn't implemented with such a consistent and clear system.

12 minutes ago, youto000 said:

so how does decomposer effect the void refund with its sacrifice ability?

It says "returning immediately 30% of the usual power refund into the power pool". The usual power refund is 90% of the unit's power cost. So you get 30% of that back immediately which is 27% of the power cost.

38 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Can someone explain what happens with power if you cancel the build of an orb. You lose less power, right?

If you cancel the building of an orb, I believe you only lose 25 power. Let me check to find the exact amount. But yes, it's less.