Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Haruka

Closed-Beta Talk

when: Whenever some maps get done, I'm not exactly sure how they intend to split it, meaning how many maps have to get done before they will invite people to closed beta... eg: Finished 1P PVE--> closed beta invite?, or finish all PvE 1+ 2P --> closed beta invite?

who: randomly selected from people who "apply",application in this simply means a simple "I would like to be in Beta pls"

where: You will get an invite through PM on the forums, and possibly email notification depending on your notifications settings...

They'll probably want at least one 1p,2p,4p and 12p map available to test. I think if they also intend to have an open beta they should start the closed one with one of each of the maps I mentioned and then include all maps when moving on to open beta. If they only do a closed beta they should include every map to iron out any bugs awaiting.

I think they'll do both a closed and an open beta but the closed beta will be more like a closed alpha I guess. The alpha only contains the social features and there are way more possibilities to find bugs with dozens of users and maps and gameplay added.

They'll probably want at least one 1p,2p,4p and 12p map available to test. I think if they also intend to have an open beta they should start the closed one with one of each of the maps I mentioned and then include all maps when moving on to open beta. If they only do a closed beta they should include every map to iron out any bugs awaiting.

I think they'll do both a closed and an open beta but the closed beta will be more like a closed alpha I guess. The alpha only contains the social features and there are way more possibilities to find bugs with dozens of users and maps and gameplay added.

AFAIK the closed beta will include all PVE maps, and open beta will be everything, PvP + community made maps.

New news on closed beta: They will do closed beta when there is something playable, which means the process can start as soon as even the tutorial maps work.

I would love to be a part of the beta. My semester is almost done, meaning I would have a lot of time. Would love to upload some PvE content on youtube if the time comes. BF Reborn gods have mercy on me :D

The easiest way IMHO to do it would be the more content (maps) made playable the more beta testers admitted.  IF you have only 1 map available the alpha testers plus a few B Testers can test the heck out of it in just about 1 day.  However if say 5 maps were made available then obviously you would need more testers so forth and so on.  

13 minutes ago, Darian DelFord said:

The easiest way IMHO to do it would be the more content (maps) made playable the more beta testers admitted.  IF you have only 1 map available the alpha testers plus a few B Testers can test the heck out of it in just about 1 day.  However if say 5 maps were made available then obviously you would need more testers so forth and so on.  

Well closed beta isn't just about testing the maps anymore it's also about testing(straining) the server to handle more peeps. Then it won't matter how many maps there are just how many instances 

Just now, Ultrakool said:

Well closed beta isn't just about testing the maps anymore it's also about testing(straining) the server to handle more peeps. Then it won't matter how many maps there are just how many instances 

Exactly

On 27.11.2015 at 0:54 AM, Haruka said:

I personally believe that the Closed beta should be released when they finish 2p PvE.

But 4p PvE is where the real fun is getting started! >.>

Still, testing whise it would'nt hurt I guess.

Edited by Trihl

Ironing out major issues and bugs with only the tutorial map available can be done by a relatively small group of testers.

After that however - as and when multiplayer becomes available - a good number of people will be required to make sure there are enough members in-game at any given time due to time zones and real-life commitments. Otherwise feedback will be slow and patchy.
Right now closed alpha testers couldn't populate enough multiplayer sessions throughout a day, but we're already aware of that.

Having both PvP and PvE up and running will divide testers into even smaller groups, at which point someone needs to coordinate when to test specific gamemodes by temporarily disabling one or the other, posting announcements or splitting people into groups to give them focus and clear-cut responsibilities.
In other words, this project might reach a point in the future where it needs to be managed and monitored in order to effectively support the devs with their objectives.

if i had to say when the real fun maps starts its not 4 player its the 12 player maps xD that will be fun to see again

maybe they should do one of all diffrent amount of player maps to test it but thats just me and just ignore me if its a stupid idea xD

18 minutes ago, BFSaint said:

hi, how can I become a game tester?

As of now no more Alpha testers will be invited. Next step is closed beta in which random members will be selected to participate. In the next upcomin stream you might hear more about it: http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/2172-announcement-stream-on-11062016/#comment-45164  also checking the FAQ might not be a bad idea: http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/572-bfreborn-faq/&%2Ftopic%2F572-bfreborn-faq%2F=

23 hours ago, Ilsyde said:

Having both PvP and PvE up and running will divide testers into even smaller groups, at which point someone needs to coordinate when to test specific gamemodes by temporarily disabling one or the other, posting announcements or splitting people into groups to give them focus and clear-cut responsibilities.

I think the same. IMHO there should be some player separation for maps, something like only 10 players can play Soultree or any other map for a day or two. By doing so developers would get valuable and clear information about bugs (10 players per map wouldn't spam bug section of the forum).

7 hours ago, Sylo said:

:hypetrain: Does anyone know the expected number of closed beta slots? 

no exact number but estimated was around 100-150. It also depends on how many the servers can handle. Obviously it would not be all at once but something like the Alpha when people will be added slowly in waves.

Some things i would like to know:

1. Are 1,2,4 and 12 player maps different from what you need to do in order to get access on entering them?
  2. Are PvP, PvE and rPvE maps different from what you need to do in order to get access on entering them
  3. Is there already an estimation on how difficult it is to implement the reward system within the game?
  4. And most importantly: :hype:?

10 minutes ago, Treim said:

1. Are 1,2,4 and 12 player maps different from what you need to do in order to get access on entering them?
  2. Are PvP, PvE and rPvE maps different from what you need to do in order to get access on entering them
  3. Is there already an estimation on how difficult it is to implement the reward system within the game?
  4. And most importantly: :hype:?

wrong thread maybe?

12 minutes ago, Treim said:

Well i would hope they keep the same system as before. Play the maps in the story line. Would make sense, wouldnt it?

And why does everyone want to play the 12 player matches? Does no one else remember the pain to wait because some people took their time to finish their maps? ;)