Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting May Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
InsaneHawk

Contest : Official Trailer Creation

Hello guys !

As I said on the previous stream (http://www.twitch.tv/battleforgereborn/v/26941204) you'll be able to win you access to the upcoming Closed Beta Test if your trailer win ! 

Want to participate ? That's pretty simple !

• You'll have to make a trailer that represent as much the game itself.
  • It must be "epic" and professional. (This isn't about making a fanmade trailer, even if some are just excellent !)
  • Want some examples ? Check out Community Content Creation there is some good trailers that have been made ! :P

More informations ! (Said in Talky Stream)

5 Examples of trailers well made for a private server

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBgm3NCAjY
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-lcrxAMnnE
  3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptR4KrBDK78
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4UqOKyaJGQ
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yWEqqbhmfQ

ALSO ! If you're 3 or less people working as a team on a trailer (ONLY  3 or less), if your trailer won, you'll all get the CBT access.

That's it for today ! Thank you guys so much for your support ! 

We love you <3

BF-Reborn Team.

Information :

d06b2ceadd.png

Edited by InsaneHawk
Talky Stream : http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/2006-talky-stream/#comment-42290

Hello guys !

As I said on the previous stream (http://www.twitch.tv/battleforgereborn/v/26941204) you'll be able to win you access to the upcoming Closed Beta Test if your trailer win ! 

Want to participate ? That's pretty simple !

• You'll have to make a trailer that represent as much the game itself.
  • It must be "epic" and professional. (This isn't about making a fanmade trailer, even if some are just excellent !)
  • Want some examples ? Check out Community Content Creation there is some good trailers that have been made ! :P

That's it for today ! Thank you guys so much for your support ! 

We love you <3

railer

BF-Reborn Team.

Cinematic trailer? Or do you want a trailer that shows all sides of the game? PVE,PVP, Auction, etc.

If I could make a suggestion, the original trailer was quite bad. Not surprised it did not attract players. The BFR trailer should have some pump orchestral music in the back (a rise, where first T1 are shown, then when the music really kicks in, awesome T4 units should be shown, the music could be Metal Forge). Just a suggestion and a trailer I'd like to see. I don't know how to do this sorta stuff so if its too hard, then dont bother ;)

Until the CBT Starts ! :) @Ladadoos

Alright, I expected such answer. Are there any preferences you have that you would like to see in a BFReborn trailer? Another question, what's the official BFReborn logo? I saw you using the one Tom made in the livestream, but that's not the same one as on the forum. Are there any other specifications you want to meet in the trailer ?

You can use the logo that Tom made, it's pretty nice ! :)
Well, it needs to be very professional (you'll have to care about the font, the way you cut the video to make it look like a cinematic trailer, the music you're using, it must be sync as much as possible with the video)

And I think that's it ! :o

if you need additional footage for the trailer:

- if you start battleforge you can go to the options --> graphics. if you click on benchmark, then some units will be shown. (this is possible without login)

- somewhere in the forum is a thread which shows how to get the 3d objects and textures (sadly not skeletons)

Edited by bobfrog

Sounds like a great idea, but what about for people who don't have access to battleforge for shots in the forge, could some overly nice Alpha testers do some recordings? I pay in Cheesecake.

You can use the logo that Tom made, it's pretty nice ! :)
Well, it needs to be very professional (you'll have to care about the font, the way you cut the video to make it look like a cinematic trailer, the music you're using, it must be sync as much as possible with the video)

And I think that's it ! :o

What about the lenght of the video, is there any max or min you have in mind? Are there any messages the trailer must display, either at the end or beginning ? (Besides title/logo).

...the music could be Metal Forge)

For sure.

Edited by Ladadoos

Since most of us doesn't have acces to the game to capture footage, can we use text as placeholder?
The winner will get acces to CBT, so he/she can capture the footage to finish the trailer.

Regarding to the copyright of soundtracks. Since this is going to be an official BFR trailer. I suppose using the soundtrack needs permission from the creator, isn't it? If that's not the case, we will have acces to AAA soundtracks.

I'd like to know what audience we are targeting. There are two groups in my mind. The old BF players and the new BF players who knows nothing about the game. A trailer aimed for old BF players would generally show the epic return of BF as BFR (this trailer doesn't make sense to new players, because they don't know the background of it). When aimed for new players, this would show what BF(R) has to offer.

I think that's pretty much what I want to ask :)

We're targeting both, people who know battleforge already, and people who don't.
If a video maker need some capture footage from the actual game, alpha testers are allowed to record some stuff for you ! :)

You don't really need the approval of the author of the music, since it's not supposed to be copyrighted, but if you can have his agreement, it's even better ! :)

Since most of us doesn't have acces to the game to capture footage, can we use text as placeholder?
The winner will get acces to CBT, so he/she can capture the footage to finish the trailer.

if you need additional footage for the trailer:

- if you start battleforge you can go to the options --> graphics. if you click on benchmark, then some units will be shown. (this is possible without login)

- somewhere in the forum is a thread which shows how to get the 3d objects and textures (sadly not skeletons)

Edited by bobfrog

I've read your message before @bobfrog, but I didn't understand what you mean.

I don't have any battleforge related files, so step one to start BF is not possible. If there is a way or I missed something, could you point me to the right direction? I'm sure other would appreciate it too :)

I'm not interested at getting 3D objects/textures unfortunately. I'm only interested in in-game action footage. Hence that's the reason why I had asked if using text placeholder instead of ingame footage is ok. Insanhawk already pointed out that we are allowed to ask alpha testers to capture some footage for us.

I'll just offer my help here to any ambitious creator. If you need ingame footage tell me.

But sadly currently I don't have too much free time on my hands so please be patient. :)

This is kinda hard to make if you can't go ingame. Even then it is hard since you cannot use any map footage. I have no idea how the map editor works either, and quite frankly I don't feel like learning how to. I'll pass on this one. Good luck to anyone trying to create something glorious :)

I've read your message before @bobfrog, but I didn't understand what you mean.

I don't have any battleforge related files, so step one to start BF is not possible. If there is a way or I missed something, could you point me to the right direction? I'm sure other would appreciate it too :)

I'm not interested at getting 3D objects/textures unfortunately. I'm only interested in in-game action footage. Hence that's the reason why I had asked if using text placeholder instead of ingame footage is ok. Insanhawk already pointed out that we are allowed to ask alpha testers to capture some footage for us.

let me try to explain a bit more:

when you start battleforge (battleforge.exe -online) then you can select the settings even before you log in. in the options it is possible for you to run a benchmark. the benchmark records the fps of a cutscene from a map. if you record the benchmark, then you have new gamefootage, that has not been shown.

it might be possible for us to use this for our advantage.  (this is just an idea, maybe tomorow ill try if it really works) if we are able to create new cutscenes and replace the one from the benchmark, then we could use this to record new game footage, without you needing to log in. (and in the mapeditor you have more freedom to create stuff than in the forge)

I had made another thread for it, but I think it is best fitted to be shown here. Please feel free to add any of the 2 pictures to your trailer. If needed I can also send the .psd file.

BFR-2016 Logo_Smoke.jpg

BFR-2016 Logo_simple.jpg