How to Build a Deck

StrawBerry

If u are new and dont know anything about the Game u should build an Deck that is easy to play, that means make a Deck with all Cards of the same element(for beginners Fire,Ice).

Do ur Deck from the low using Units to High using units that means if u have a one Sphere Monster do it in front of ur Deck for exemple (1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,1S,2S,4S,) 1=one Sphere 2=two Sphere 3=three Sphere 4=four Sphere 1S= one Sphere Spell 2S=two Sphere Spell 4S=four Sphere Spell.

Sry if there are some uncorrect Words i am not the best at English i am Just learning right now

:):gem::mrxlink:

• 1 month later...

I think that for new players your going to have to play a little before you make your own deck but before you do you should really think on what you want in a deck and what you want to use it for PvE PvP and such also choosing a deck and or element of your choosing is best when your in love with the one you chose like me I love fire and shadow = Bandit and I love it so much that I chose to go full in with Bandit decks in PvE and PvP.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, youto000 said:

FarRockBF is a very good BF yuytuber.this guy has a very good introduction into the PvP scene and good deck building tips and really helped me. i suggest you watch him (he also does League of Legends but you don't need to watch those)

@FarRock is a great commenter when it comes to ingame strategy and tips as micromanaging etc.

However, when the game comes back, I think one of the best things he can do is finish the "deck building tutorial" series he started, where he explained counters and card values and uses very well. 

I used to watch FarRock all the time, through him I even found this project (in "suggested" channels on the side of his channels - and man am I happy for that :) )

However, when it comes to deck building, I prefer my own method - test and try, fail, fix, repeat. Takes time, but with every mistake, you learn a bit and that pushes you towards the final deck, that may look very familiar to existing meta ones, but the thing is you found out yourself. Everyone has a different playstyle and cards who some may deem useless fit perfectly into a different kind of strategy, and lets face it, BattleForge for me was the best strategy I have yet played (and probably will ever play) because of the infinite numbers of ways I can play and use non-meta cards for my advantage. 

5 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

@FarRock is a great commenter when it comes to ingame strategy and tips as micromanaging etc.

However, when the game comes back, I think one of the best things he can do is finish the "deck building tutorial" series he started, where he explained counters and card values and uses very well. 

I used to watch FarRock all the time, through him I even found this project (in "suggested" channels on the side of his channels - and man am I happy for that :) )

However, when it comes to deck building, I prefer my own method - test and try, fail, fix, repeat. Takes time, but with every mistake, you learn a bit and that pushes you towards the final deck, that may look very familiar to existing meta ones, but the thing is you found out yourself. Everyone has a different playstyle and cards who some may deem useless fit perfectly into a different kind of strategy, and lets face it, BattleForge for me was the best strategy I have yet played (and probably will ever play) because of the infinite numbers of ways I can play and use non-meta cards for my advantage. 

I agree with you on the commentator part, he makes games more lively and and you can feel his excitement about the game which I love listening too. Buuut... I hope people won't shit on my about this :/ 

Ever since farrock became more and more of a selfnamed guru I more and more disliked his videos, because his commentating style changed and he not only pointed out what people did wrong or right but also started flaming about cards and matchups more and more. He became a bit ahead of himself but wasn't actually that good a player. He had quite good knowledge for his actual level of skill and if he would have stayed with just teaching beginner's the basics that would have been great. But when I watch him commentating in highranked replays and he tries to point out mistakes I always must facepalm...

He is doing great with explaining the actual situation and I love how he does it easy for everyone to understand but when it comes to explaining mistakes and especially pointing out how to do it better he's simply wrong many times. A begginner or amateur won't recognize this and believe what he says. 

Don't get me wrong I love watching his videos and his commentating is great but I don't think that a little above average player with one easy deck should do more than explaining basics.

Didn't want to offend someone. Love ❤ 

1 hour ago, YaBro0 said:

I agree with you on the commentator part, he makes games more lively and and you can feel his excitement about the game which I love listening too. Buuut... I hope people won't shit on my about this :/ 

Ever since farrock became more and more of a selfnamed guru I more and more disliked his videos, because his commentating style changed and he not only pointed out what people did wrong or right but also started flaming about cards and matchups more and more. He became a bit ahead of himself but wasn't actually that good a player. He had quite good knowledge for his actual level of skill and if he would have stayed with just teaching beginner's the basics that would have been great. But when I watch him commentating in highranked replays and he tries to point out mistakes I always must facepalm...

He is doing great with explaining the actual situation and I love how he does it easy for everyone to understand but when it comes to explaining mistakes and especially pointing out how to do it better he's simply wrong many times. A begginner or amateur won't recognize this and believe what he says. 

Don't get me wrong I love watching his videos and his commentating is great but I don't think that a little above average player with one easy deck should do more than explaining basics.

well I heard this many times from other top players as well, but there isn't really any alternatives as the truth is there isn't so much people commentating or reviewing matches. I hope in the future some of the top players would want to review matches, at least for tournaments and such so that there can be accurate commentaries out there that even above average or players looking to break into say top 100 can learn from.

34 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

well I heard this many times from other top players as well, but there isn't really any alternatives as the truth is there isn't so much people commentating or reviewing matches. I hope in the future some of the top players would want to review matches, at least for tournaments and such so that there can be accurate commentaries out there that even above average or players looking to break into say top 100 can learn from.

I believe that I offered myself a couple of times to help him. Because of my bad internet conection and only ok english it becomes rather hard for me to upload videos myself. But I'm still offering myself to any alpha member who wants a co commentator in PvP replays :)

17 hours ago, YaBro0 said:

I agree with all of this. That's one of the things I'm worried about as I commentate, because I know that I wasn't SUPER good and I especially didn't have a lot of match-up knowledge that didn't involve fire-nature. I try to emphasize that my comments are suggestions and that I can't say for sure, but some day I might get cocky and start asserting myself :)

I'd love to dual commentate with anyone! And I think that would help a lot, because I can say something and my co-commentator can offer a differing opinion.

2 hours ago, Eirias said:

I agree with all of this. That's one of the things I'm worried about as I commentate, because I know that I wasn't SUPER good and I especially didn't have a lot of match-up knowledge that didn't involve fire-nature. I try to emphasize that my comments are suggestions and that I can't say for sure, but some day I might get cocky and start asserting myself :)

@YaBro0 & @Eirias I kind of disagree with your mindset here, of course you are right about it though, so I won't blame you guys or something :). But I like to watch eirias and farrocks replays just for fun. So it doesn't really matter if there might be some mistakes. And the people who watch those videos to 'get better' and notice these mistakes, probably are already really good players. Also, if you notice the mistake or thing there is a better way to do/counter something, than you learn from it as well, so its not that bad.

18 hours ago, YaBro0 said:

I believe that I offered myself a couple of times to help him. I'm still offering myself to any alpha member who wants a co commentator in PvP replays :)

3 hours ago, Eirias said:

I'd love to dual commentate with anyone! And I think that would help a lot, because I can say something and my co-commentator can offer a differing opinion.

I think we have a match xD when will the first replay/commentate video be uploaded?

15 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

So it doesn't really matter if there might be some mistakes. And the people who watch those videos to 'get better' and notice these mistakes, probably are already really good players. Also, if you notice the mistake or thing there is a better way to do/counter something, than you learn from it as well, so its not that bad.

Well, the point is that players good enough to know better only get irritated by mistakes. That's not a real problem. The actual problem is that sometimes less experienced players may be lead astray.

Entertainment value is great, and is the main reason I post most of the replays (if people want to learn things, I can make separate series for that). But I cast the blanket statement that disenchant and hurricane are useless in a fire-nature deck (it's true that I used neither, but not true that I believe that statement) and beginners believe me and don't use them because of that, then I need to take responsibility for misleading them.

I can recall a livecast FarRock played against someone (LostCronus I think) and FarRock completely misdiagnosed why he lost and claimed that his opponent was laming and playing broken cards (while FarRock himself was doing some heavy sunderer laming). That was more the exception than the rule, and I definitely enjoyed the majority of FarRock's replays, but I think it's unhealthy for new players to see "top" players complain about the brokenness of their enemies instead of acknowledging their own faults.

At any rate, I'm not bashing FarRock and I think his videos are quite good for what they are. I just wanted a public statement about what I'm trying to do so that others can keep me on course if I start to wander :).

@YaBro0 I might have a bit of time this weekend. PM me if you want to try to work something out.

@Eirias exactly this. Also I agree having a co commentator is great that they can offer different opinions and viewpoints. It does not even need to be who is right who is wrong but can actually be different ways of dealing with things, which is very helpful in a strategy game so people can see there is not only one correct response to a situation.

That's the reason they always have at least 2 commentators in tournaments etc. I'm looking forward to some really good commentaries coming from the both of you!