Wish to contribute to the project by donating? Heads up to our Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/skylordsreborn

BEWARE: Multiaccounting Will Cause Permabans! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
veryhasted

PvE Competitive Maps

Were there any competitive PvE maps, my memory is failing me on this one. For example, two teams of 2 / 4 players competing to complete the course and defeat the boss the quickest. I'm sure there were some community maps made like this but were there any official maps like this?

Would be really cool to see these kind of gamemodes and maps in the game as that would bring PvE a competitive level other than just speedruns.

Edited by veryhasted

I'm sure there were some community maps made like this but were there any official maps like this?

There were no official PvE maps where you were agaisnt another team and had to accomplish something first in order to win. That being said, you could perhaps see Passage of Darkness as one, as it was a 12 player map with 3 4 player maps that were all the same. As far as I remember, you could tell if another group finished the map based on what Moon said. This is very vague and not very viable, but I think this is the map that comes the closest to your suggestion.

By the way, do you want the players to be able to atack each other or not? (Basically a PvEvP). Or do you really want like some kind of map where both teams play agaisnt each other but can't attack each other (There's like a mountain dividing the 2 groups from each other) and that the only objective is to complete a quest first ?

There was nothing like this on old Battleforge (that I can remember) maybe it could be something implimented in the future by the development team?

this is like one of the best ideas i have read the last week... 

developers, if you guys have some free time after the bfr release, please do this...

this sounds like so much fun, especially the PvEvP part of the idea

There were no official PvE maps where you were agaisnt another team and had to accomplish something first in order to win. That being said, you could perhaps see Passage of Darkness as one, as it was a 12 player map with 3 4 player maps that were all the same. As far as I remember, you could tell if another group finished the map based on what Moon said. This is very vague and not very viable, but I think this is the map that comes the closest to your suggestion.

By the way, do you want the players to be able to atack each other or not? (Basically a PvEvP). Or do you really want like some kind of map where both teams play agaisnt each other but can't attack each other (There's like a mountain dividing the 2 groups from each other) and that the only objective is to complete a quest first ?

I didn't think about the attacking eachother part, I thought about a big mountain seperating the two teams but that would be awesome aswell. Like having small passages where you can slow down the other team but then again that will make your own progression slower aswell. Sounds awesome :)

I didn't think about the attacking eachother part, I thought about a big mountain seperating the two teams but that would be awesome aswell. Like having small passages where you can slow down the other team but then again that will make your own progression slower aswell. Sounds awesome :)

The player has a whole lot of other strategies that he can do if it is PvEvP, not even mentioning that the match itself would probably be more exciting as you need to take more things into account. There is already a community made map with the 'PvEvP' idea in mind (http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/986-pve-creatures-on-pvp-maps/).

The player has a whole lot of other strategies that he can do if it is PvEvP, not even mentioning that the match itself would probably be more exciting as you need to take more things into account. There is already a community made map with the 'PvEvP' idea in mind (http://forum.bfreborn.com/index.php?/topic/986-pve-creatures-on-pvp-maps/).

I feel like that idea is more PvP with some PvE in mind. I want more PvE with PvP in mind. Having the main goal being PvE but PvP is for making the progress slower for the other team :)

isnt the map of the month thing pretty similar to your suggestion. You basically play against eachother and whoever finishes the map faster gets first place. Ofc you cant influence other players though.

isnt the map of the month thing pretty similar to your suggestion. You basically play against eachother and whoever finishes the map faster gets first place. Ofc you cant influence other players though.

That's more like speed running and playing against everyone. Having it against ONLY another team and then be able to influence their progression is what I would find really awesome :)

That's more like speed running and playing against everyone. Having it against ONLY another team and then be able to influence their progression is what I would find really awesome :)

I definitly agree!