Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

The best beginner T4 unit due to being XL and having okay stats. A really simplisitc unit though as it doesn't have any ability. Generally you will find some other T4 units that will fit the deck better, but it is by no means terrible to use Giant Wyrm.

Had some relevance in speedrunning on the maps of Passage to Darkness and Dwarven Riddle. Due to low orb requirements, and good single target attack for focusing out single targets with Unholy Hero.

Yeah, in PVE it's only useful if you have to defend buildings in T1, wich is rare. PVP is all about protecting your powerwells, so this card is a must have if you play anything frost in T1 or T2. Remember that damage caused by lifeweaving ignores this spell, so careful against shadow.

GetMediaData?id=57b76b511f73e816c7115570

Time for another card, we got so many free to play cards now, time for something else.

The Magma Fiend has one of my favorites gamemodels in the game. Also has a pretty high damage output, but this guy is slow, still i used him a lot :D

tbh, my only use for this card is when I wanted to just play around not too seriously and used a "Ravenheart deck" that basically was using Ravenheart + Battleship and Contruct (as in T3 Corsair is not good enough and Bandit equivalant of Contruct doesn't exist as a card) fun to use but no the most practical cuz of the slow movement.

38 minutes ago, EonBen said:

Battleship and Contruct

Loved that combo, you were able to speed it up with deepcoil + burrow ritual or netherwarp. I like that battleship is an L counter because that way it gets rid of those annoying bandit windhunters quickly.

If you can choice between Construct and Lincor oh w8 Battleship, better have a Construct. They are both slow, but Construct knocks back all sizes up to XL and has a Siege ability, which is more efficient vs affecting air units and flying. Also construct costs less: 250vs300 for Battleship. Yes I'm matching Battleship with Construct, and you can tell me that I'm not correct, because they have different usage purposes, but does it so different? They are both slow which means mostly they're defencive units, but Construct has great Knock back and Siege with huge dmg-per-shot which means you might use it in siege-attact as well; when Battleship is a flying unit and affects air, also has L-size counter which means you use it against 'manpower' in defence mainly and not for attacking or sieging, because it is slow and has no means to be efficeint in siege. While construct can do both things quite good exept anti-air force. Welp if you want something specializated only of defence and anti-'manpower' XL unit, than get the Battleship, rather get Construct and have a good day&greate life.

Alstar likes this

I think the idea of the card is neat: a spell wich lets you spawn units undazed plus adds lifesteal or siege bonus for your units. Obviously the disadvantage is that you have to cast it on an enemy unit wich hast to be killed to make the spell work, but therefor the spell is really cheap in power.

For PvP there couldn't have been a more unfortunate orb constellation for this spell. Fire/nature, the deck wich this card is supposed to improve, only has T3 slots for absolute necessities. Like all nature splashes it also has heals wich are more efficent than purple twilight warfare's lifesteal. Three colour decks are only an option if you go for a frost T3 in your shadowsplash (for the protects) or if you are @Aragorn.

So there's really no deck that could make much use of this card in PvP eventhough i have the feeling it was intended to be PvP card.

PVE in T3 and T4 is mostly about doing large scale damage so little buffs for little power are rarely needed. Maybe there's a map where the red affinity can save 1 or 2 seconds for a speedrun.

Edited by SunWu II.

This card is more of a comfort choice for me personally. I really don't like to play units dazed generally, especially not into fights, especially when the deck is unitbased and not spellbased (f.e. Fire Nature decks). Twilight Warfare is just the card for that. The other abilities are not really worth mentioning tbh. The bonus damage against structures can help by cleaning up a base, or focussing down the spawn building but it reallly is nothing that will make much of a difference. Same goes for the Lifesteal - that is especially true when considering that this card requires a nature orb which gives you access to heals such as Equilibrium or later on Regrowth and a fire orb which gives access to SoW and the best void manipulation in the game. Spamming heals and damage reduction spells is totally possible with this deck as long as you kill a few units.

It will not win you games generally, neither will it make you loose anything. Pretty much a neutral factor that will be picked due to personal preference and not due to it being so strong that you basically have to use it :).

What do you guys think of this building? Also I hope it gets added to the loot list, since it's not listed on any PVE maps.

Seems the most viable use for this is having a Cultist master and deleting your nature and fire orb after going t3 to make endless bugs.

Blessed_Infected_Tower.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well you can also just use this as a tower. Your only option in fire nature. It's ok but not exactly great either.

Otherwise you can use the CM strategy. Pretty decent but can get laggy when you're having to many bugs.

• 3 months later...

:blight: Arrrr....the white juggernaut!

I'm glad i never faced Mo in PvP but i've seen him played and played him myself. I used him for a short time playing pure shadow but this isn't really the best deck for him. He's playable in pure nature thanks to the power you get through shrine of memory and the heals are also nice. I've also seen him played in a shadow/nature deck with fire T3 and disechant which makes him unstoppable if you have the power.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic