Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Don't get me wrong on this I really agree with the fact that this buff wouldn't make Bandits a viable faction, but adding some sort of cc immunity will help a little bit to make Bandit Spearmen to be a viable choice for the deck (because they are utter garbage against nature splashes currently) without beeing broken against certain factions. Root & Curse of Oink are still powerful cc options, but with hurricane out of contention chain cc wouldn't be a possiblity anymore and it's more diffucult to support the Burrowers when there is pressure at multiple areas. Still Bandits wouldn't be a viable deck overall, but buffing Bandit Spearmen can't solve the problem because if you buff them in terms of stats is super dangerous because they would tend to get really unhealthy (OP vs low cc, useless vs high cc). So I really want to see a little more cc immunity for them + other buffs for the faction (I like the idea of adding a new unit too).

well in my opinion bandits has other problems to fix than the m counter slot

actually i think bandit sperman are great statwise and would prob see play if they where a nature or frost unit but bandits already has acess to both skyfire drake and nc wich both are really good not only because of the stats but more imortatntly due to high mobility wich is key factor in a bandits deck. 

also i dont think buffing units is a smart way to aproach bandits this would lead into imbalance i feel. Ofc bandits is not the ebst deck around but it still is a steamroll deck on high powerlevel in t2 when suported by building up high void pool in a potential long t1 fight bandits still provides huge attacking thread wich can close out the game when executed correctly in like 1 neverending attack.

well the thing is bandits need something to intercept swift m units before they reach your base. being able to intercept early would force cc before the enemy reaches your well, which at least gives you a chance to defend. nc can't intercept, the enemy can just run and they get 1 attack at max and continue running at your well. if you want to have any chance to defend, you need to frenzy as soon as they reach the well. too bad the enemy can just cc and let your units die, but at least you can spawn a skyfire drake now (at least if the enemy used oinc and not root (he would have to move units after root and you can at least have stanced assasins if the enemy roots)) that isn't even able to dps the burrowers/scyte fiends down before the well drops. not sure about you, but this seems like a glaring m counter issue for me. nc is great, but not relyable and too abusable and fails to intercept on top of that.

now, the spearmen with steadfast would be able to do the same as nc, just without dying and after the cc they might be able to deal some damage before the enemy runs. looking at it like this, yeah that might be a bit better... at least if the enemy does not go straight for another base instead. in that case you are having the same issues as frost t1, minus the protect to stall. the spearmen are just unable to do the task of intercepting the enemy that is SO important for bandits. this is why we need a cheap, ranged m counter imune to knockback and maybe with an ability that forces the enemy to cc to interrupt it or fight you before reaching the well. while giving all kinds of bandits s units steadfast would help, it's a cheap fix that ignores the underlying issue. for instance: if you had a way to intercept early and force a fight, bandit spearmen might do their job just fine without steadfast.

14 minutes ago, LagOps said:

well the thing is bandits need something to intercept swift m units before they reach your base. being able to intercept early would force cc before the enemy reaches your well, which at least gives you a chance to defend. nc can't intercept, the enemy can just run and they get 1 attack at max and continue running at your well. if you want to have any chance to defend, you need to frenzy as soon as they reach the well. too bad the enemy can just cc and let your units die, but at least you can spawn a skyfire drake now (at least if the enemy used oinc and not root (he would have to move units after root and you can at least have stanced assasins if the enemy roots)) that isn't even able to dps the burrowers/scyte fiends down before the well drops. not sure about you, but this seems like a glaring m counter issue for me. nc is great, but not relyable and too abusable and fails to intercept on top of that.

Far from optimal, but how effective would using a scavanger's crippling bite to intercept rate?

it would force a root and you bind power in a unit that has no damage and the wrong counter type. also the enemy can just run and attack somewhere else since he will be able to defend a counteroffensive. i highly doubt it is any better than what i am trying right now.

Gladiatrix_nature.jpg.52e8bb001825f8da73Gladiatrix_shadow.jpg.0ea03bbb0354e8ac84

AbilityIcon AutoCast Spear of the Warrior

Every 2.5 seconds, unit throws her warrior spear at an enemy dealing 105 damage

AbilityIcon Activatable Sobering

Activate to immediately remove all buffs from a target hostile unit. Reusable every 20 seconds.

AbilityIcon Activatable Tainted Tainted Sobering

Affinity: Tainted
Activate to immediately remove all buffs from a targeted hostile unit. The target will additionally be insensitive to all major buffs for 15 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds.

AbilityIcon Passive Gifted Swift

Affinity: Gifted
Moves at high speed.

Upgrades:

Gladiatrix I Damage+3 damage

Gladiatrix I Sobering-5 power cost

Gladiatrix II Damage+4 damage

Gladiatrix II Sobering-5 power cost

Gladiatrix III Damage+6 damage

Gladiatrix III Sobering-5 power cost

An interesting unit, especially the green one. The green one usually sold for more and obviously I can see why. The health points are a little low for my taste, especially for a T2 unit.

Really liked this card for rPVE. Fire doesn't need anything but Nomads, Mine and Eruption to clear most t3's. Only Lost Souls can be a struggle, but Gladiatrix does a great job dealing with Treefiends and Lost Vigils. Unless you really want to play Shadow Phoenix this is the card to go for in any other fire splash with access to Mine.

Not that great when starting with other factions or not having Mine as they take quite some time to kill s units (thats why its so good with Mine). Very good even even in lvl 10. Highly recommend it for any t1 fire start.

240?cb=20090410162014

AbilityIcon Spell Destroy Barrier

Instantly destroys a wall segment. Reusable every 30 seconds.

Upgrades:

Wallbreaker I Destroy Barrier-10 seconds until reusable

Wallbreaker II Destroy Barrier-10 seconds until reusable

Wallbreaker III Power Cost-5

This card saw a really low amount of play overall. 

rPvE: There are no walls ... 

PvE: Pretty efficient in a couple of situations (Sunbridge expert speedrun comes to my mind), but is still rarely used, because there are so many other reliable options to destroy walls in T2. Wallbreaker takes an entire slot to fullfill a single purpose while other cards are useful in multiple situations and therefore more efficient. Wallbreakers only upside is the fact that it's fast.

PvP: Is this card viable for ranked PvP? Simple answer: Nope. But there is a cheese strategy for tournaments that includes Wallbreaker because on Lajesh it is possible to protect your entire T1+2 with 2 walls, that bind 50 power combined. To reach these Orbs/Wells there is only a single path left and it takes about 10-15 seconds to reach the power wells which makes it incredibly easy to defend incoming attacks, because they are so predictable and slow. But if you suddenly explode one of these walls you reach the powerwell in about 3 seconds and this can be super surprising. For a couple of non-frostsplashes it's insanely difficult to defend, when the units reach the powerwell untouched (the enemy can't use stuff like Ensnaring roots anymore and AoE spells get more efficient, since you will hit units and the building). This works especially well against pure Nature, because an experienced nature player would use the walls to get up to the point where he can use his SoM to crush his opponent.   

Edited by RadicalX

latest?cb=20120106064716

AbilityIcon Spell Wish

Disable the card play requirements. One card played within the next 20 seconds will not require any orbs to be used. Reusable every 30 seconds.

Upgrades:

Enlightenment I Power Cost-10

Enlightenment II Power Cost-10

Enlightenment III Power Cost-10

Sorry for the late post

Loved it before the nerf to Second Chance, admittedly for massive cheese of summon 4 dragons, enlighten second chance, use decomposer and FoF to kill 4 dragons and get their void power back, summon 4 more dragons and get your original 4 back for free.

It never secured a place in any of my rPvE decks as far as I remember, one of those cards I used as a crutch when I was newer (I bought a lot of copies of the retail box for about £3-5 each so had plenty of BFP) but dropped out of most decks as I figured out the maps and strategies and played around with other elements.

Generally seems like a lot of power that could go somewhere more efficient, unless your deck revolves around some serious T4 unit/spell/building that isn't in your normal orbs.

Also, Amii monument happened I guess.

Edited by Archeon

240?cb=20090410160043

AbilityIcon Activatable Explosion Blast

Power: 80
Activate to emit a cone-shaped blast wave that deals 690 damage to enemies in an arc of 45m, up to 2100 in total. Knocks back small and medium units. Also triggers Detonation.

AbilityIcon Passive Detonation

Explodes when being destroyed charge deals 800 damage to enemies in a 20m radius around its target, up to 2000 in total. Knocks back small and medium units.

AbilityIcon Activatable Self-Destruct

Activate to trigger Detonation by destroying the bomb.
Requires Upgrade II.

Upgrades:

Morklay Trap I Explosion Blast+40 damage per target, 200 in total.

Morklay Trap II New ability+Self-Destruct

Morklay Trap II Explosion Blast+70 damage per target, 100 in total.

Morklay Trap III Explosion Blast-10 power cost

Morklay Trap III Detonation+80 damage per target and 200 in total.

Morklay Trapis used mostly for covering your back for counter attacks in PvP but can only be used once so it gets out classed by most other buildings like rocket tower. but it is a common so you cant blame someone who is new for using it because they have no other choice.

in PvE it is mostly used because the only time you would use it is if you are doing a mission like bad harvest solo and have to protect more than one side this is good for one wave but once again it gets out classed and is way to situational

Edited by youto000

240?cb=20091014061838240?cb=20091014061859

AbilityIcon Spell Blessed Blessed Tempting Offer

Affinity: Blessed
Power: 75
Sacrifices an own unit to restore card charges. The card of every unit that has the same size as the sacrificed one will be granted one more charge. The maximum number of possible card charges for a specific card will not be exceeded, though.

AbilityIcon Spell Gifted Gifted Tempting Offer

Power: 75
Sacrifices an own unit to restore card charges. Every card that requires the same amount of orbs to be played out as the sacrified unit will be granted one more charge. The maximum number of possible card charges for a specific card will not be exceeded, though.

Upgrades:

Offering I Tempting Offer-5s reusable

Offering II Power Cost-5

Offering III Power Cost-5

Green one was very useful. If you didn't have all the charges to build up big T4 army in rPvE you use offering on rifle cultists and voila, spam away.

Was also very useful with Tortugun. If your Tortoise wanted to eat some of your other units, use offering on him and instantly spawn a new one!

the green version was very handy for newer player, or players that simply didn't have the money for many charges, cuz pairing it with Rifle Cultists allowed to to easily get a new charge ready, absolutely love this card. It does lose it's use once you get you decks build up, but I love it because of how much of a help it was when I was starting out ^-^

Nature affinity has generally much more useage as it also recharges on spells and buildings, frost affinitygets simply outclassed by that.

This is the most important card to enable rPVE lvl 9 with deck lvl 0. In combination with a deck balanced around low charges it becomes super important to use this as soon as it gets off cooldown to make this somewhat efficient. It also is possible to get back 2 charges for the same card. Thatfor very valuable even for decks that are based around only 1 T4 card (hello LSS - no, the nature affinity is not optimal) - especially when Motivate is used. That way you can constantly Motivate and still get extra units for the T4 army without running out of charges- if done properly. Also very valuable for spells that have a rather low amount of charges (Cluster Explosion, etc.). Allows you to constantly spam it without running out of charge. This cards is in pretty much any deck  where i get a shadow orb. 

Simply a great card that shows that even the very cheap cards can have a very high value in a lot of decks.

3 hours ago, Treim said:

Nature affinity has generally much more useage as it also recharges on spells and buildings, frost affinitygets simply outclassed by that.

This is the most important card to enable rPVE lvl 9 with deck lvl 0. In combination with a deck balanced around low charges it becomes super important to use this as soon as it gets off cooldown to make this somewhat efficient. It also is possible to get back 2 charges for the same card. Thatfor very valuable even for decks that are based around only 1 T4 card (hello LSS - no, the nature affinity is not optimal) - especially when Motivate is used. That way you can constantly Motivate and still get extra units for the T4 army without running out of charges- if done properly. Also very valuable for spells that have a rather low amount of charges (Cluster Explosion, etc.). Allows you to constantly spam it without running out of charge. This cards is in pretty much any deck  where i get a shadow orb. 

Simply a great card that shows that even the very cheap cards can have a very high value in a lot of decks.

Indeed, this card is a great boon for low-charged decks and takes care of the charge problems in general.

However, I want to add that this card is of immense use even if you have plenty of charges. Because when using green offering, it also completes any unfinished cooldowns of spell cards.

This allows for some amazing destructive potential if you use the correct cards, especially when splashing fire cards. Meaning: Double Unholy Hero Tortuguns, double Earth Shatter, double Amok, double Cluster Explosion.
I preferred Amok over Frenetic Assault for that very reason.

You can even use it in a Nature/Shadow deck to great extend, as you cast double Regrowth + double Unholy Hero Death Rays.

And with T4 Rifle Cultists at a price of 50 power, you get all this for a completely laughable price. Sometimes I even sacrificed T3 units to cast double Soul Shatter.

So many things you can do with this card, it's really great.

240?cb=20100827080920240?cb=20100827081034

AbilityIcon AutoCast Bedtime!

Casts a fatiguing beam that makes the target unit fall asleep for 8 seconds after a short while. Sleeping units will awake after 3 seconds if being attacked. After Sleep wears off, target is immune against Sleep for 8 seconds

AbilityIcon Toggled Nature's Wrath

Enter this mode in order to enable the wrath of nature. Every 2 seconds, Dryad will then release the forces of nature to deal 35 damage to enemies in a 5m radius around the target, up to 55 in total.

AbilityIcon Passive Gifted Gifted Genius Loci

Friendly units in 20m radius around Dryad are immune against weakening abilities but may still be affected by spells like Freeze or Paralysis

AbilityIcon Passive Blessed Blessed Genius Loci

Affinity: Blessed
Friendly units in 20m radius around Dryad take 25% less damage

Upgrades:

Dryad I Nature's Wraith5 damage per target, 5 in total

Dryad II Bedtime!+2 seconds duration

Dryad III Nature's Wraith10 damage per target, 10 in total

Back and ready for another great week of discussions!

Nice to have but nowhere near necassery in rPVE, the frost affinity of course.

Nature t1 does not have any issues with t2 clear with just windweavers, hurricane/root and SoL. Only Lost Souls with Mana Beasts and Lost Dancers can be a little bit tricky where a little extra help could be used well. Due to Lost Dancer neutralizing the Dryade effect it is pretty much useless. If you plan on clearing t3 with just Nature t1 and you can not rely on your teammate Dryade can for sure help a lot.

Twilight-Minions_nature.jpg.666e0feb3b23Twilight-Minions_fire.jpg.8f94e8f42b599c

AbilityIcon Activatable Transformation

Power: Varies. Cost to transform into this unit: 51
- The unit is infected with the Twilight Curse and can be transformed into any other Twilight creature. Activate to start the mutant process and choose a Twilight unit from the current deck to be transformed into. The current deck must contain at least one other Twilight unit whose orb requirements are met!

AbilityIcon Passive Infused Infused Incentive

Affinity: Infused
- If the unit is transformed it will incite other friendly small units within a 20m radius to deal 30% more damage for 15 seconds.

AbilityIcon Passive Gifted Gifted Incentive

Power: 100
- If the unit is transformed it will incite other friendly Twilight units within a 20m radius to deal 20% more damage for 15 seconds.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic