Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

More of a fun card with not to much of a use.

I used this in combination with Undead Army and Embalmers Shrine. I basically send in 2 or 3 forsaken or nox trooper cast Befallen's Curse and wait for my units to die before activating Embalmer's Shrine and using Undead Army. When Undead Army dies or Befallen's Curse gets off Cooldown you recast it until the base is dead. It is pretty slow but definetly acceptable against Bandits, Stonekin and Twilight. Against Lost Souls with some Shields this will take ages to take down t3 though, especially when facing something that has CC against small units like Lost Priest or Lost Vigil.

4 hours ago, Treim said:

More of a fun card with not to much of a use.

I used this in combination with Undead Army and Embalmers Shrine. I basically send in 2 or 3 forsaken or nox trooper cast Befallen's Curse and wait for my units to die before activating Embalmer's Shrine and using Undead Army. When Undead Army dies or Befallen's Curse gets off Cooldown you recast it until the base is dead. It is pretty slow but definetly acceptable against Bandits, Stonekin and Twilight. Against Lost Souls with some Shields this will take ages to take down t3 though, especially when facing something that has CC against small units like Lost Priest or Lost Vigil.

Is anything more effective than good old Shadow Phoenix for taking down T3 though?

1 hour ago, Ultrakool said:

Is anything more effective than good old Shadow Phoenix for taking down T3 though?

actually there is for most lvl 9's. :)

And the problem about the strategy i mentioned isn't that it is slower than Shadow Phoenix but pretty much anything else as well. Harvester, Shadow Mage and even DA spam should all be faster :).

Edited by Treim

46 minutes ago, Loptous said:

Anyways, on paper it looks decent and could be used in some tough situations in PVE.

Yes, it's really a card for special situations, like defending the bridge at ,,soultree'' or soloing bad harvest on expert (like we all did, right?)

It's used at 2:45:

1 hour ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

What is the difference between the blessed and the infused one? All cards and the new cardbase both show no difference.

I think one of them gave an attack and the other a defensive buff to surrounding lost souls units.

240px-Infused_Firesworn-0.png240px-Blessed_Firesworn-0.png

For now on, I will post the abilities and upgrades for the cards I post. More of a convenience thing really.

AbilityIcon Activatable Infused Infused Big Shot

Affinity: Infused
Power: 50
Activate to fire off a special shot at large creatures. It deals 350 damage to the target and weakens it in such a way as to make it take 30% more damage for 15 seconds. Only usable with large ground creatures. Reusable every 20 seconds.

AbilityIcon Activatable Blessed Blessed Big Shot

Affinity: Blessed
Activate to fire off a special shot at large creatures. It deals 350 damage and knocks back the target. Only usable with large ground creatures. Reusable every 20 seconds.

AbilityIcon PassiveSlaying Giants

Deals 50% more damage against large creatures.

Upgrades

Firesworn I Big Shot* -5 seconds until reusable
Firesworn I Slaying Giants* +50% more damage vs. Large Units
Firesworn II Lifepoints +40
Firesworn II Big Shot** -5 power cost
Firesworn III Big Shot*** -5 power cost
Firesworn III Slaying Giants** +50% more damage vs. Large Units

rarely used in rPVE. Nomads and Sunderer are generally superior as they have more health and mines will generally do enough damage to kill most of the units. Even as a complementary unit Sunstriders are better as the only hard t2 occurs against Lost Souls. Sunstrider massively helps against Lost Dancers and can even stop the spawns. Firesworns will get trouble when facing Lost Dancers due to their low health and the range disadvantage. They are superior when facing Mana beasts but unless theres more than 2 and they all have an ice shield, they shouldnt be a problem with 2 mines and 3 nomads/2 Sunderer.

Has some rare useage in 2 player rPVE lvl 10 speedruns against Lost Souls when facing 4 L creatures (Treefiends or Mana Beasts) and at least 3 of those are shielded and the income to t1 is not a Lost Dancer. 3 Mines can get tricky killing all those shielded units and the L Damage really helps a lot killing those. Also you can afford to give up Sunstriders as they are only in the deck to trap Lost Dancers anyways. Only happened to me 2 or 3 times.

Even rarer useage in 4 player rPVE lvl 9 speedruns. When facing Lost Souls and being on position 1 or 4 and facing at least 3 shielded Mana Beasts + no Lost Dancer income + close base to t3 without Lost Vigils + only 2 shielded Treefiends or Mana Beasts + only 1 of those gets aggroed when taking t2. Firesworns allows you to take t2 wells a little bit earlier and help with t2 clear and do not disturb trapping the income thatfor they are worth. Very rare occasion and only happened to me once.

Pretty useful (but not necessary) in fire (splash) decks. The knockback is great, but the high power cost make this card not ideal. Could be deployed when defending against your opponent who already has T2 and attacks with any large creature. Actually has higher DPS than gladiatrix vs large, but cannot hit air units and costs slightly more power. Gladiatrix is the more versatile L counter, but firesworn's ability deals heavy damage.

I would use this card if I were to play a fire deck.

8 minutes ago, Riviute said:

I liked this card, but i was also a noob. :D  Maybe he wasnt the best choice but i liked it to use him in different pve missions were lots of small units or large units are around in the beginning...

Well in PVE you can pretty much play everything and make it work, except cards like Voidstorm and Willzapper. Firesworn is not a bad unit, generally there is just better options. Most is based on personal preferences. I, for example really enjoyed using Lost Converter, even though i never saw anyone else using it.

Unless you want to play highly competetively you can just play whatever you like and considering the current situaton of competetiveness in speedruns (for rPVE) you can have some variety even from a tactical point of view even there :), f.e. you can probably reach Top 3 or at least Top 5 (for solo rPVE) with a Bandit deck. Anything beyond that is most likely not possible unless you find a shortcut that noone else does but thats still a pretty good place.

Just keep playing your favourite units and do not care to much about the "best choice" when you just want to experience fun :)

latest?cb=20101015155352latest?cb=20101015155356

AbilityIcon AutoCast Twisted Wake

Every 3 seconds, unit hurls a wake of mana that deals 520 damage to enemies in a 10m radius around its target, up to 780 in total. Knocks back small units.

AbilityIcon Activatable Twilight Infection

Infects an own ground unit with the Twilight Curse: the target will be endowed with the gift of Transformation. During the next 40 seconds the unit can transform at will into any other twilight creature in the current deck whose orb requirements are met. Reusable every 20 seconds.

AbilityIcon Activatable Gifted Gifted Impairment

Affinity: Gifted
Power: 100
Activate to release a debilitating substance into the surrounding atmosphere that blocks all normal ranged attacks from hostile units within a 20m radius around the caster. Lasts for 15 seconds. Reusable every 30 seconds.

AbilityIcon Activatable Blessed Blessed Impairment

Affinity: Blessed
Power: 100
Activate to release a debilitating substance into the surrounding atmosphere that blocks all melee attacks from hostile units within a 20m radius around the caster. Lasts for 15 seconds. Reusable every 30 seconds.

Couldn't find any upgrades anywhere.
Edited by Loptous

Upgrades, substracted out of the card base:

1 Lifepoints +110 Gifted Impairment: +5s Duration

2 Lifepoints +230 Gifted Impairment: -5s Until Reusable

3 Lifepoints +250 Gifted Impairment: -10 Power Cost

This was one of the few 'epic' cards I didn't own, and thus never used. Is it correct that this dragon shoots every ONE second? If so how can the DPS be only 4660? Giant Wyrm has similar damage on his hits, and he shoots every THREE seconds. Am I missing something, or does this card have a ridiculous high damage output?

As for the abilities: they are pretty useful, both affinities. If you put both versions in a deck, and use both abilities, the entire enemy is basicly disabled, which is pretty damn good! As for the twilight infection: more of a situational thing I guess. Does the ability only work on twilight units, or also other ones?

37 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

Upgrades, substracted out of the card base:

1 Lifepoints +110 Gifted Impairment: +5s Duration

2 Lifepoints +230 Gifted Impairment: -5s Until Reusable

3 Lifepoints +250 Gifted Impairment: -10 Power Cost

This was one of the few 'epic' cards I didn't own, and thus never used. Is it correct that this dragon shoots every ONE second? If so how can the DPS be only 4660? Giant Wyrm has similar damage on his hits, and he shoots every THREE seconds. Am I missing something, or does this card have a ridiculous high damage output?

As for the abilities: they are pretty useful, both affinities. If you put both versions in a deck, and use both abilities, the entire enemy is basicly disabled, which is pretty damn good! As for the twilight infection: more of a situational thing I guess. Does the ability only work on twilight units, or also other ones?

Yeah, it had one second everywhere I looked, sounds kinda wrong but that's what it says.

EDIT: Never mind, it has 3 seconds on the card base, but everywhere else is 1 second, I'll fix it.

Edited by Loptous

5 minutes ago, Loptous said:

Yeah, it had one second everywhere I looked, sounds kinda wrong but that's what it says.

EDIT: Never mind, it has 3 seconds on the card base, but everywhere else is 1 second, I'll fix it.

That makes a lot more sense :). So DPS quite a bit lower than Great Wyrm, but that is justifiable as wyrms costs 50 more power, and the activated abitlities could be quite useful. Personally I'd go for the Wyrm and / or fire dragons when playing fire/nature decks, as Wyrms are more durable and fire dragons have higher DPS.

Of course, the superiour T4 flying unit is Death Ray :kappa: 

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic