Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

The Dps is fine if you are using the ability constantly. Having enough corpses around is also not a big deal when you spawn them after defending or together with cultists. But to micro the ability constantly with the engine BaFo is using is nearly impossible as soon as you have a few of them. If you could set the ability to toggle autocast on different unittypes e.g. autocast on L unit the card would be way better since you could scale decently. Considering the ability isnt really long ranged the unit is on the squishy side of creatures. If the hp would be increased too it should be a viable choice for any deck using cultists and maybe even in general. Currently drones are way more effective.

Edited by Hirooo

Parasite-0.jpg

This card is definitely useful for both PVE and PVP, well it gets a bit useless in long PVE instances but for taking out a heard of Small or Medium units its just fine. This plus ensnaring roots would make a fine combo.

Send me suggestions on cards for next week

Well i had to check out the Database first to know what this card actually does...

Used it nearly never back then when i played BF. But now i read the effect of this card i can say that its kind of a risk to use the card, you uses it and the enemy just split of his troops and the damage wasnt so high as you may expected. But if it goes well this thing can be a powerfull spell.

hmmm, never really cared much for this card, even tho I liked to use a lot of nature splashes back then, never really put it in my deck tbh cuz I just didn't find it worth it. 

also, as a sugestion for a next card, maybe Grinder? since I looked at the lsit in the first post and according to it it hasn't been discussed yet.

7 hours ago, Loptous said:

Parasite-0.jpg

This card is definitely useful for both PVE and PVP, well it gets a bit useless in long PVE instances but for taking out a heard of Small or Medium units its just fine. This plus ensnaring roots would make a fine combo.

Send me suggestions on cards for next week

My favourite spell ever (just look at my thread about your fav cards) - I believe its very strong with Roots because no one ever expects the Parasite. Yummy!

For rPVE just not the greatest choice. It is more of a supplementary card and will never take a base by itself. Considering that you will generally use 2 slots at most 3 slots for t2 cards, this card is pretty far down the list as in later stages it will do nothing for you. On top of that Nature and Fire t1 can easily played without any t2 card unless you face Lost Souls this cards becomes even more of a waste in those decks. The damage is just not enough to justify putting it in those decks as you will probably only use cards that are actually helping you to take out Lost Souls or have some value even in later stages (f.e Curse of Oink, or Creeping Paralysis in pure Nature).

The biggest problem about this card is that is more of a comfort card. It is not terrible but it will probably never be the deciding factor on if you win or loose a fight about t3 either. You can probably just wait for 1 or 2 more units and with good use of cc you will most likely get a very similar result. Necassery to do this is depending on the unit just little power more and a good use of cc. Saving a card slot for just this is very worth it.

Super Strong in T4 PVE together with Unholy hero and unholy power and other buffs or debuffs for the enemy. The bone Shard can even one shot some boses with this technique. Other comboes include Healing Gardens, Healing spells to keep the health up while you use bone Shard.You can see it in use in combination with Fallen Skyelf here: 

22 minutes ago, Riviute said:

lol i never expected to see the necrofury that powerful... but yea in combination with nature this guy can be a real badass!

i also like the design of the necrofury :D 

Works fine with Soul Splicers too. There is no need for nature orbs!

Interesting. I always knew that Necrofury was among the cards that are painfully overlooked, (especially from a budget perspective).

I still have fond memories of Necrofury, as it was my first XL I bought by myself for about 10 bfps on the AH. I've only ever used it in rPvE and never got to upgrade it beyond U1 but it really does deliver a punch. And really, if you don't have anything else in your deck this card can really do a lot of heavy lifting. But in the end, it really is no rPvE card. The constant run and go mentality of this card soon brings you to a point of utter unpracticality. And once your deck is semi-fleshed out many more possibilities are opened up that simply win because they are more mobile and mobility in rPvE is crucial to finish the map in time.

Now that I've seen some true Necrofury action, it really seems to work like a charm if you treat this unit like a tower and guarentee constant heals. So, that's a huge plus for Nature/Shadow and pure Shadow.

Personally, I've switched to Bloodhorn + Tortugun and never looked back. Granted, the stats of NF make me a little bit envious: 10k damage (if you can maintaining spamming Bone Shards) as well as a 50% anti-XL bonus? Awesome.

However, I think the paralells to Tortugun are quicke self-evident: High-damage, long range, high maintenance shadow unit.
Both units have their problems. For NF they are: High loss of health and it's bad mobility. If you go for Tortugun you basically trade 2 problems for it's time-dependant Amok.

If you take either unit into their deck you will need to make use of other cards to make up for their disadvantages, but really in most cases it is worth. Sadly, rPvE is not such a case for NF. I am not saying that this unit is never viable, but it demands far too much focus and care that is better invested in other areas.

And if you are already going for the Tortugun route, you'll have Bloodhorn as well and if you have a clear look at it, you'll notice that there are some striking similiarities as well (especially both being equally devastating to XL boss creatures).

Just pointing out some interesting points from a Bandit player perspective.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic