Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Argueably one of the most important rPVE speedrun cards.

On Lost Souls maps there is no replacement for this card at all. Bandits it is quite a bit faster than Batariel decks. Stonekin it is quite a bit slower than Batariels. On Twilight maps it depends on the map whethere LSS with Bloodhorns, Batariel with Bloodhorns or only Bloodhorns are the fastest. Generally you will be able to get a good time no matter on what you play it. Top 3 or at least Top 5 is easily manageable no matter the enemy. If you want to compete for first place you will need to adapt depending on the enemy though.

Probably the most popular unit for rPVE, even non speedruns due to the fact that it is spamable, has easy to fullfill orb requirements and thatfor splashable and is obviously even when not used to its fullest potential rather fast - not as fast as a spell heavy bandits deck but still faster than most other stuff. The shooting while moving ability easily covers for positional errors on top of generally running it with heals. Just very easy to use overall when not running and a power minimum.

That is not necassery true for actual speedruns, where you are at the minimum limit power wise. Choosing the correct path becomes even more important when getting to the absolut maximum as otherwise the chance of getting wiped is quite high, even with flawless void manipulation and cooldown management. To use LSS at their maximum potential you will have to use Motivate and Flame Crystal which is quite a bit of action you have to take into consideration. It is way easier to run with Batariels or Bloodhorns through a map than it is with LSS actually. Especially as you have to keep managing a ground unit one base behind your ships to spawn new ones. It lacks damage against bosses which will take quite some time, especially when not moving LSS properly as their damage output against single targets can get manipulated/increased when moving the ships in tight circles around the target. Still far from something like Bloodhorn.

--> to powerful in casual play due to good results even when mishandling the unit. Equal amount of skill necassery to handle on low power situations.

Apart from that the green affinity has one of the very best healing abilities in the game and is quite fun to use that way and one of the key units for Lost Souls rPVE decks imo and even in other splashes very worth using. Sadly almost nobody recognizes this as it needs a little bit of set up and using a nature spell instead is probably less troublesome.

I would differ between strength and convenience. While this card is far from the strongest, it's one of the most convenient cards to clear RPVEs. M-knockback, splashable with anything, damage spread over the whole enemybase and being an air unit all sum up to no micro needed. That made this card the number one token farming vessel. However it was even cheesier before the dmg nerf and when 2nd chance abuse was still a thing.

This card is a direct insult to anybody who can count and calculate its true damage. It think it is one of the cards that are too good that it becomes harmful for the game, as a lot of lategame variety is inevitably lost because the most popular T4 unit were LSS.

A couple of times when playing rpve or pve I got sick by all LSS spammers and simply kicked them prior to game launch.

5 hours ago, SunWu II. said:

I would differ between strength and convenience. While this card is far from the strongest, it's one of the most convenient cards to clear RPVEs. M-knockback, splashable with anything, damage spread over the whole enemybase and being an air unit all sum up to no micro needed. That made this card the number one token farming vessel. However it was even cheesier before the dmg nerf and when 2nd chance abuse was still a thing.

This card has an effective attack value of 10200, it can fire on the move and outmove pretty much every melee XL in the game.

Sure, you can simply A-move with this card, but when dancing around bosses you can make even more out of that game.

This card either needs its damage output set to what it states on the card (like so many other units as well) or simply made into a pure Lost Soul unit.
LSS spam is only half as effective when all support spells from nature are gone.

2 minutes ago, LagOps said:

about this card... i only have one question to everyone: why does NOBODY use the super broken heal of the green affinity? that heal is so insane, but nobody bothers using it. 250/s for all units with no cap? the hell is that?!?

Because most people farmed rPvE 9 for tokens. You can mass these things, and by using regrowth / equilibrium, the heal is redundant. More micro intensitivity is annoying for most people.

1 hour ago, Mental Omega said:

This card is a direct insult to anybody who can count and calculate its true damage. It think it is one of the cards that are too good that it becomes harmful for the game, as a lot of lategame variety is inevitably lost because the most popular T4 unit were LSS.

A couple of times when playing rpve or pve I got sick by all LSS spammers and simply kicked them prior to game launch.

This card has an effective attack value of 10200, it can fire on the move and outmove pretty much every melee XL in the game.

Sure, you can simply A-move with this card, but when dancing around bosses you can make even more out of that game.

This card either needs its damage output set to what it states on the card (like so many other units as well) or simply made into a pure Lost Soul unit.
LSS spam is only half as effective when all support spells from nature are gone.

how are you getting at 10200 :o

Testing in the Forge results in about 8000 per 20 for groups that are perfectly arranged for the LSS and at best 2000 per 20 against single target. Doesnt include Counters though, but as most of the enemy Hp is stored in L and XL units so that shouldn't make to much of a difference?

I mean it is still to much but i am wondering where this 10200 are coming from.

Fathom_Lord-0.jpg

One of my favorite T3 cards just because of looks. But it also has a nice effect in terms of gameplay as well. The paralysis helps a lot when dealing with XL creatures in either PVE but not so much in PVP, although a little bit, such as Avatar of Frost, Juggernaut, Deepcoil, etc.

The upgrades for this card are pretty nice in my opinion, the extra life and reduced power costs definitely a worth con-tester for a :natureorb: deck or perhaps even :shadoworb::natureorb:, or :natureorb::fireorb:.

Either way I think it's a good card

Great card, essential in PvP for nature decks to deal with XL enemies. OK power costs and an amazing ability, which I find even better in PvP than in PvE. Paralyze is one of, if not, the best form of CC in Battleforge. These guys disable juggers with ease.

As a bonus: CRAB DANCE

17 hours ago, Treim said:

how are you getting at 10200 :o

Testing in the Forge results in about 8000 per 20 for groups that are perfectly arranged for the LSS and at best 2000 per 20 against single target. Doesnt include Counters though, but as most of the enemy Hp is stored in L and XL units so that shouldn't make to much of a difference?

I mean it is still to much but i am wondering where this 10200 are coming from.

You can see it in my Battleforge Stats excel sheet that was put online some time ago.
The way damage on cards is normally calculated is DPS * 20. Where DPS is (min dmg + max dmg) / 2. Which gives us the following: (115+140)/2 /2 *8*20 = 10200.

The game itself is very inconsistent in how damage is labelled on ranged units, but this is the calculation that normally gets the true damage value since the stats described in the description is always correct as far as I am aware of. But it might be that there is more going on with the LSS. I'd do some research on my own, but well there is that.

Edit: Now for Fathom Lord

I think it is a very good card and among the few cards which I deem to be really well designed in terms of how it plays. It has high stats, but not too high. It's anti-XL makes it a natural counter for a lot of commong T3 units and it's ability is very useful and ties in with the control aspect of nature wonderfully. I was never into the nature-heavy side of pvp but this is pretty much a must have card because it offers a lot of value without being overpowered (which cannot be said about many T3 cards). The animations and model are also superb.

I really don't know what is not to like about this card. It's a shame that it's cousin "Mutating Maniac" is pretty much the opposite of this Fathom Lord, as I love Twilight themed decks.

Edited by Mental Omega

5 hours ago, Loptous said:

Fathom_Lord-0.jpg

One of my favorite T3 cards just because of looks. But it also has a nice effect in terms of gameplay as well. The paralysis helps a lot when dealing with XL creatures in either PVE but not so much in PVP, although a little bit, such as Avatar of Frost, Juggernaut, Deepcoil, etc.

The upgrades for this card are pretty nice in my opinion, the extra life and reduced power costs definitely a worth con-tester for a :natureorb: deck or perhaps even :shadoworb::natureorb:, or :natureorb::fireorb:.

Either way I think it's a good card

I think this card it's preety good and it is essential on Nature PVP decks, his ability "Paralyze" it's nice to kill big creatures and he is the best T3 card on Nature decks I think.

3 hours ago, Seemkill said:

His German Name became my new nickname in every game except for Battleforge!

How could you tease us like that xD Telling all about how great his german name is but not telling it! Now I want to know. xD

About the card:

Really good card. Only thing you might want to switch it for might be swamp drake, which has the pro that it flies, but cons that it has less damage and health, and the cc ability isn't as strong as paralyze.

Works great with good power manipulation, although charges might be gone fast if you have not upgraded it.

1 minute ago, Riviute said:

@SilenceKiller99  His german name is Herr der Tiefe. If i would translate it, its gonna be: "Lord of the depth" or "Lord of depth" Something like that :)

While that would be a literal translation of "Fathom Lord", the fact is that it was translated with was "Der Unergründliche". Or the literal translation of that in english: "The Unfathomable".

I really like this translation because it seems to give this card another layer to its depth. One reason more to like it :)

Shadow_Insect-0.jpg

Mmm more cards.

I think Shadow Insect is very inexpensive and versatile  Shadow unit capable of being strong in numbers especially. Because it has swift, it makes it even better than it already is. The Soul Shock ability allows it be a semi ranged unit at times, which I find appealing. I am sure that this was a take on some PVP decks, although for PVE I personally wouldn't use it.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic