Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

In rPVE there is generally a lot better options.

:natureorb::natureorb: : Nature t1 can almost always get t3 with just t1 units and maybe some cc from t2. Get your windweavers and maybe a dryade and youre pretty much good to go against anything but Lost Souls. For that occasion you can simply get Creeping Paralysis and Oink and focus down those big L Creatures. If you want to use a t2 unit you will most likely use Deep One as they are much versitile. The only real reason to use Mauler is for facing Twilight Treefiends which can easily get rooted to deal with Lost Vigils and the likes first.

:natureorb::fireorb: : Same t1 strategy is useable in Twilight as well. In addition Fire t1 can be played similarly with Nomads/Sunderer, Mine and Eruption. Lost Vigils are quite hard to deal with in that deck as you are missing effective anti air as even if you use Sunstriders they will get destroyed pretty quickly and Blaster Cannon is probably not in your deck either. 5 Eruptions will do the job but its quite inefficient.  If you wanna use a t2 unit Gladiatrix is probably the best choice as it greatly deals with the only hard to beat units (Lost Vigils and Treefiends) very well in combination with oink. Great damage and very effective in regards of focus. Vileblood is generally a very solid pick as well and i'd prefer it over Mauler anytime for random maps.

:natureorb::frostorb: Pretty much the same as pure nature. Instead of Creeping Paralysis you have Coldsnap here, To deal with Lost Vigils you can use Aggressor. Crystal Fiends are quite usefull as well, unless you build at least 3 or 4 though they will most likely not enough to get through Lost Vigils without any casualties. Aggressor is quite pricey but it has the big advantage of being able to deal with Lost Vigils in addition to Treefiends.

:natureorb::shadoworb: Shadow Phoenix. Amii-Phantom. Darkelf Assassins.

Mauler is only really usefull when facing Twilight Treefiends. As t2 units will generally only be used to clear t3 it is generally not worth putting such a situational card as you will generally only use 1 unit in t2. Thatfor versitility is much greater than specific strength. Unless you play Motm and you can exactly tell what is going to happen there is no way Mauler will be the best pick for your deck over the course of more than 5 games.

Pretty much must-have for pure fire rPVE decks. 2-3 Molochs with 2-3 Batariels and hardly anything dies with Unity. Needs some experience to move effectively to the next base without loosig to much time or HP. Struggles pretty hard against Lost Souls as Lost Dancers can negate the effect of Unity and the anti spell buildings limit the damage output especially earlier in the fight quite significantly. 

6 minutes ago, Chimerae said:

Downside is that its really slow, and isn't viable for rPVE speedruns because of it.

Well tbh the only t4 units that are viable for rPVE speedruns are LSS, Batariel as main units and Bloodhorn as a complementary unit :D.

1 minute ago, Treim said:

Well tbh the only t4 units that are viable for rPVE speedruns are LSS, Batariel as main units and Bloodhorn as a complementary unit :D.

I kind of meant token farming effectively, without putting in everything to save a few seconds. Speedrunning for casuals :kappa:

At the time where you had some nasty voidmanipulating options in 2n2 you could enlighten moloch and the game was pretty much won. 90% spell resistance + heals with enough siegedmg to one shot a monument is very hard to deal with. But thankfully the strongest way to empty your voidpool was fixed so reaching the 590 energy required is nearly impossible for a double nature deck. A cheaper xl would be better if you still want to play that way.

http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Card:Hatecaster

For some reason I could not upload any images of Hatecaster today, I have no clue why, it just said upload failed.

Anyways let's pretend it's here.

I am very mixed about this card especially because it's T4 and there are just more better options imo. Then again the abilities are pretty cool and the medium and small unit knockback is somewhat useful against Bandits and Twilight in PVE. This card I feel would be almost useless against Lost Souls though.

I mainly prefer the purple affinity just because it does something extra with what you're paying for.

I used it PvP too,was one of my favourite card:)

I tested it few times in the forge and i have to say(disagree with Loptous) the green affinity one much better cause if it catch either beast,whether it be the most dangerous one the paralyze dont let them escape until they are died,unless one another creature don't destroy the hatecaster,but this is not so easy since u can build more of it due the cheap price.

Edited by wyrmy92

I was always surprised by how much value you get for just 100 energy. Granted, you don't use towers in rpve and in pvp it is pretty meaningless as well.

However, for normal pve maps where you have to defend the right affinity can be extremely powerful when correctly used. What I find most pleasent with this card is that both affinities are completely valid and excel on different type of enemies.

Purple Hatecasters will downright murder whole armies everything that is not XL, as the 100 damage per second effect does not have a max damage cap. On the other hand, the green affinity can easily hold off a couple of Abominations or other T4 XL monsters. And the best part is "affected units will not be immune to Paralyze after the effect wears off."

Of course, this card is no Worldbreaker and its colour prerequisites mean that it is reserved for pure Twilight only. I see this card as a great bonus for players who want to play a themed deck and with a Twilight deck you can totally do that and still be able to finish off maps on higher difficulties.

47 minutes ago, Shotty said:

I´ve never seen T4 in PVP. Because ppl don´t ever get to that point.

In 1v1 unfornately really rare,but if you are be part of one team game it can be relatively common to appear these cards.

Edited by wyrmy92

240?cb=20100827094317240?cb=20100827094459

One of my personal favorite cards in the game. It's attack animations were so cool and it wasn't all for show. Definitely a card worth investing in because it is amazing in PVE especially for those pesky medium and small units always going near your wells and such.

The value of this card would just explode if this would be UR. 220 Power for a unit like this? Shoots while moving, nice stats and cool desing. Hell of a card, but honestly i used it rarely, sometimes things were going too easy with that ;) 

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic