Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

1 minute ago, Eirias said:

When they're being constructed. In the forge there is still actually a construction time, so you must have taken that screen shot during the half second that the building was constructing.

If you want proof that buildings need to be constructed in the forge, make a couple hurricanes and try to spawn a building in the middle--it will die instantly :)

I see, so it initiates the building process but right after instantly finishes it... Seems similiar to the daze on power wells in matches, where you can erupt them right when it's being built.

Just now, Ladadoos said:

I see, so it initiates the building process but right after instantly finishes it... Seems similiar to the daze on power wells in matches, where you can erupt them right when it's being built.

Yes. Although I didn't know you could erupt power wells as they were being built...

1 minute ago, Eirias said:

Yes. Although I didn't know you could erupt power wells as they were being built...

For a split second the power well has very little health when 'being' built and if you time your eruption perfectly you can destroy it instantly. There's a replay somewhere demonstrating it.

Edited by Ladadoos

22 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

For a split second the power well has very little health when 'being' built and if you time your eruption perfectly you can destroy it instantly. There's a replay somewhere demonstrating it.

yeah, I believe @FarRock once uploaded a 2v2 Replay of someone doing it. I'd have to find it though....

on the Topic of NC, great card in my opinion, even better when you consider it's a starter card as well ^-^

• 2 weeks later...

Since it has been quite a while since the last card, I went and decided to put one up. 

latest?cb=20100929160632

Mountain Rowdy (P): Tainted Ice Block:  Activate to turn the unit into an Ice Block. In this state it is immobile but takes 65% less damage and is surrounded by a gelid breeze: hostile units within a 20m radius take 25 damage every second. While turned into an Ice Block the unit is immune to all status effects like Freeze or Paralyze. Lasts for 15 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds.

Mountain Rowdy (B): Blessed Ice Block: Activate to turn the unit into an Ice Block. In this state it is immobile but takes 65% less damage and is surrounded by a gelid breeze: friendly units within a 20m radius take 25% less damage. While turned into an Ice Block the unit is immune to all status effects like Freeze or Paralyze. Lasts for 15 seconds. Reusable every 20 seconds.

U1: +35 Damage, Blessed/Tainted Ice Block +5% Damage Reduction

U2: +80 Damage, Blessed/Tainted Ice Block +5 second Duration

U3: +90 Damage, Blessed/Tainted Ice Block +5% Damage Reduction

now, I personally don't know much about this card, I've actually never seen anyone play this, in either PvE or PvP, but to me it seems like it's kinda weak for a double Forst Orb Rare card. What are your opinions on this card? was it actually Viable?

Mountain Rowdy

I think I've actually seen one played in PvP. Results weren't amazing, knowing it's a Pure Frost T2 card and that there are better alternatives like War Eagle. Other than that one time, can't recall seeing it more.

It doesn't really seem to be worth of that Rare Amii Edition rarity.

I think that Mountain Rowday is an interesting card. In rPVE i tried to pair it up with low cost units (most of the time stormsingers with 1 or 2 frostmages from t1 clear. I opened up fighting t3 with a Coldsnap to get into position for Mountain Rowdy and Stormsingers. Spawn building was dead most of the time Coldsnap went off. After that i activated Blessed Ice Block and watched the base die :) with support of Home Soil and if needed Area Ice Shield. Worked solidly and was kinda funny - not great or even good though.

I am not to sure about the card design though. I feel like the frozen form wants to get focussed somewhat and then theres that area where friendly units take less damage which goes against that totally. I am honestly not to sure how to change that card to make it somewhat good.

• 3 weeks later...

240?cb=20090913003421240?cb=20090917150153  

Abilities

Elemental Balls

Every 4 seconds, unit hurls an elemental ball that deals 112 damage to enemies in a 5m radius around its target, up to 168 in total.Knocks back small, medium and large units.

Blessed Radiance

Affinity: Blessed

Upon dying the unit will release its frosty powers and infuse them into its environment. Up to 4 hostile units within a 20m radius will be frozen for 20 seconds. After freeze wears off, targets are immune against Freeze for 10 seconds.

Gifted Radiance

Affinity: Gifted

Upon dying the unit will release its elemental powers and infuse them into its environment. Friendly units will regenerate 10% of their life points every second for up to 1000 life points in total. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Adamant Skin

The unit takes 15% less damage.

I never really saw a lot of people play this card but i relly liked the L knockback.

Edited by desconhecido

Was an ok card for rPVE. Only really a situational card if you face Lost Souls and have to deal with Lost Vigils and Treefiends at t3. Otherwise i'd prefer windweavers + crystal fiend or FM + MA + Crystal Fiend. Can be replaced with Stormsingers easily as well which are generally more usefull against any other faction and close to equal against Lost Souls. Also is there Mountaineer which is decent. Pick one of the 3 + Crystal Fiend and you should be good to go. Personally I'd prefer Stormsinger > Mountaineer > Aggressor, due to its low cost and that Stonekin has already a large variety of cc, so it doesn't really rely on the knockback of Aggressor or Mountaineer. I wouldn't recommend playing anything else other than the mentioned units for a Stonekin t2 in an rPVE scenario -  even though theoretically you can probably play anything (except difficulty 10 maybe).

15 hours ago, desconhecido said:

240?cb=20090913003421240?cb=20090917150153  

Abilities

Elemental Balls

Every 4 seconds, unit hurls an elemental ball that deals 112 damage to enemies in a 5m radius around its target, up to 168 in total.Knocks back small, medium and large units.

Blessed Radiance

Affinity: Blessed

Upon dying the unit will release its frosty powers and infuse them into its environment. Up to 4 hostile units within a 20m radius will be frozen for 20 seconds. After freeze wears off, targets are immune against Freeze for 10 seconds.

Gifted Radiance

Affinity: Gifted

Upon dying the unit will release its elemental powers and infuse them into its environment. Friendly units will regenerate 10% of their life points every second for up to 1000 life points in total. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Adamant Skin

The unit takes 15% less damage.

I never really saw a lot of people play this card but i relly liked the L knockback.

i had it in my deck, Green one and when the game starts again im going for stonekin 1st :D and ofc my 1st card will be aggresor :P

• 3 weeks later...

Too long time without cards. I was with my brother while looking at the stream and we were talking about cards we never had.

So i found one i never saw in game:

Tainted Satanael-0Infused Satanael-0

Abilities

-Crystalline Shock:

Every 3 seconds, unit casts shocks of crystalline energy that deals 372 damage to enemies in a 15m radius around the target, up to 558 in total. Knocks back small and medium units.

-Tainted Fealty:

Power: 100

Activate to conjure 1 squad of Snapjaws with an affinity towards Shadow. They will have the same upgrade level as Satanael himself. While surrounding him Snapjaws will be infused by his infernal powers: they will then deal 150% more and take 50% less damage. Reusable every 30 seconds.

-Infused Fealthy:

Power: 100

Activate to conjure 1 squad of Snapjaws with an affinity towards Fire. They will have the same upgrade level as Satanael himself. While surrounding him Snapjaws will be infused by his infernal powers: they will then deal 150% more and take 50% less damage. Reusable every 30 seconds.

For me, it seems a bit expensive card, the cost of 3Darkness orbs is a heavy restriction to build deck with more colours

Also i never used snapjaws, so i dont know if his active is good enough. I want to ask you your thoughts about this card.

Do you like it?

Did you use it? In which way?

P.S: I joined battleforge in his last days, there was a big amount of cards wich people didnt play, and i wanted to know why. If you want i can bring this post to life by posting some of them :)

Edited by Gheist

15 hours ago, Gheist said:

P.S: I joined battleforge in his last days, there was a big amount of cards wich people didnt play, and i wanted to know why. If you want i can bring this post to life by posting some of them :)

Yes please!

Sataneal: Never played it... Don't actually know why. I have seen it sometimes in PvP, but I never played pure shadow, so I also never played this card.

Very expensive card(BFP) because it was bada** but well that's it really. The stats are pretty on par with everything else, but since he doesn't have siege/basenuke abilities he isn't used in pvp much. A mediocre card pve speed run wise but fun and somewhat useful for casual play

Snapjaws themselves are pretty good cards, which make your enemies take more damage or depending on affinity reduces enemy attack. Often it doesn't do enough to be worth a deck slot though but sataneal solves this problem

Though I never owned the card myself, I had a friend that really liked playing Pure Shadow and he always had it in his deck, overall it looks really cool and is pretty decent for PvE, but indeed, I don't think it's that great for PvP, it's just kinda weak compared to stuff you could get by splashing instead. In general I'd say he's a cool card though.

Satanael was a pretty interesting card, but it saw next to no play on a high level and I'm talking about PvE and PvP. The biggest downside of Satanael is the fact that it requires 3 shadow orbs, which is awful for PvP and PvE. PvE decks are usually way more effective when you play splashes because you get a bigger variety of possible card combinations to create a higher synergy between them. But if you want to go for a more fun based pure Shadow PvE deck, sure he's a good choice for your T3! 

In PvP you had alot of stuff, that can deal with Satanael easily and even here you don't want to build 3 shadow orbs, because it limits your options in T3. It was way more efficient to play Shadow/Shadow/Frost to get access to the way more efficient XL unit Lost Grigori and create a way more reliable T3 with Shieldbuilding, Cultist Master and Evocaters Woe. 

Voidstorm opened up a viable pure Shadow T3, but voidstorm is way more efficient with basenuke. The sustained damage, that Satanael offers, doesn't really help in that situation. Satanael used to be stronger at release (I think the ability was cheaper, but I'm not 100% sure). At that time he was really strong and more than just a viable option. Especially with Ressource Booster you could gain an advantage in T2, head into T3 and play the Satanael. With his snapjaws it was insanely hard to remove him from the map. Blood healing made it even more difficult (snapjaw ability + blood healing had a really nice synergy) and you could apply alot of pressure, especially since your opponent used to have less power anyway, because of the old Resource Booster. But since the cards apart from blood healing got nerfed Satanael just disappeared in PvP high ranked matches. And apart from that the huge timeless one buff changed the meta so much, because he hard counters every type of sustained damage. This makes Satanael even less attractive, because the constant aoe cc just leaves you in a place where you spend 220 + 100 power for litereally nothing. 

Best wishes

RadicalX

From the PvE side theres also the questions whats the benefit of getting Satanael. Sure it's decent enough, but the 3 shadow orbs makes him so unattractive. Theres literally only 2 strategies that you open up with going 3 shadow orbs at t3. Either play Satanel as your t4 card as well - which is pretty fun as you can break the unit limit and have a giant army of 12 Satanaels with as many Snapjaws as you like. And the other strategy that opens up is playing pure Shadow which will only really give you access to Shadow Worm, which tbh is way more efficient to play with Nature heals by simply using Enlightenment. The key Shadow t3 cards are available with 2 Shadow orbs (FoF, Resource Booster, Cultist Master, Frenetic Assault, Soul Shatter, Infect, etc, Church of Negattion, etc.), so having a Nature t3 f.e. really is just benefitial unless you wanna play one of the strategies mentioned above.

Well, lets post another one:

Blessed Northstar-0Gifted Northstar-0

Abilities

AbilityIcon Passive Blessed Blessed Ice Breaker

Building is surrounded by an icy aura with a 25m radius that enables all friendly entities within it to deal 25% of their usual damage against frozen units. Additionally, within this frosty aura every enemy will stay frozen 25% longer than usually.

AbilityIcon Passive Gifted Gifted Ice Breaker

Building is surrounded by an icy aura with a 25m radius that enables all friendly entities within it to deal 25% of their usual damage against frozen units. Additionally, every enemy within this aura will be slowed down and only be able to move at walk speed.

In my opinion this card with blue affinity can be helpful in pure frost pvp to make cc. Also i never saw ingame, so if it has a long time to be deployed it wont be worth.

I guess green is only for those decks which have daze skills/units. Also i see it as a big sh*t.

2 hours ago, Gheist said:

I guess green is only for those decks which have daze skills/units. Also i see it as a big sh*t.

The green affinity is the ,,interesting'' one in PvP. Quotation marks because it's bugged and overpowered. If it's built, units deal 50% more dmg against frozen units (UIII) wich means not onl does it negate the damage reduction for frozen units but on top of that you get extra 50% wich is crazy. I'm glad only Freemka used it because this is one of the cards wich lets the frost player completly decide over the length of the game and i hate 30 minute matches.

no, 100%*0.5*1.5=75%, so in fact it makes you deal twice the damage you should have dealt (you deal 150%, should have been 75%). so it shouldn't even negate the dmg reduction entirely the way it was stated on the card.

So I think this card shines when you have to defend a spot for a contineous amount of time. Problem really is that there is few occasions where you have to defend a spot and have enough power to spam freeze or where you can make use of something like Frost Crystal. In later stages you have access to stuff like Wbg where this card really isn't anymore. This gets even worse if you consider how few people played frost orb at t1 AND t2 and that PvE wasn't to popular after rPvE was introduced.

in rPvE on the other hand this card is kinda useless as this card can only really help you by clearing t3 and the range is kinda small as you constantly move forward. Especially as you have to set the building up before fighting and you have to respect the aggor range of units to do that. Unless you pull all the units in and your mate clears the buildings its kinda of no use, and you really dont need this to clear t3 anyways. So very limited use with medium reward for a rather unimportant phase of the game - not worth using. Also there is a similar card called Lost Wanderer which has a similar effect as it let units deal 25% extra damage to frozen units (which) and it is mobile and has a much more used orb requirement.

• 2 months later...

Harvester_promo.jpg.5a60e8dc75008d8485ea

And we are back from the grave! Today is something I am sure the entire Battleforge community has wanted in their arsenal for years, Harvester. Perhaps one of the best cards in the game paired in with one of the most badass arts in the game and we got an amazing piece here.

Your thoughts?

Base nuking unit in PvP / in PvE often used as tank. When used in PvP it usually requires a lead in power, as 300 is a hefty price to pay. Competent players will make you waste power so that you will not be able to summon a harvy. Very great unit to destroy wells / orbs as it also has siege. It also looks quite intimidating, which may help bring fear into the heart of your enemy :).

Overall awesome unit. Can summon skellies which are pretty useful in PvE, not so much in PvP. My favourite card in the game, after Shadow Worm. I used to own the normal version of it, I'm planning of getting the promo version at some point in Reborn!

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic