Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

9 hours ago, Ladadoos said:

I checked and the ability is free on U2 already.

7 hours ago, Chimerae said:

According to the (old) wiki it is initially 30 power, then 20 on U2/3   -   http://battleforge.wikia.com/wiki/Card:Bandit_Lancer

Anyway, great card. Pretty much a must have on Bandits PvP decks.

I think Ladadoos means he checked ingame :P 

I love this card!!! ❤

I believe that it even could be the best bandit card in the game. 

Some people might know that I love playing around with niche (don't know hiw it's written in english sorry) abilities and bandits has so many of them. 

The problem about playing this kind of strategies is always that the cards are very rarely viable in other situations and therefore a wasted deckslot.

Bandit lancer is different, because it already is an amazing unit based on stats and requirements, while also giving you the ability to play things differently. 

And you don't even need to do it on purpose, because the 15% debuff on enemies for free is already insane. I tested around with it with corsair and swamp drake and it certainly feels amazing even thought it's not worth it :D

The problem is not the ability itself but the units the should take profit of it. Corsair is simply bad and swamp drake not a worthy slot in a shadow/fire/x, bandit lancer is already an amazing L-counter, so there also no need for magma hurler. 

All in all a card that I would have liked to see more of, just because a viable unit with niche abilities is awesome!!!!

You hear me!!! This card is awesone!!! :D

Sorry for the emotional breakdown ❤

Edited by YaBro0

7 hours ago, Ultrakool said:

I think Ladadoos means he checked ingame :P 

I did indeed check ingame. There the ability is free at U2 (U2 gives -10 costs to use the ability, so 10-10=0 :kappa:

Edited by Ladadoos

http://allcards.bfreborn.com/cards/Global-Warming_frost.jpghttp://allcards.bfreborn.com/cards/Global-Warming_fire.jpg

So, what do you think of this masterpiece?

Description:

Melting the map away

This card is so f*** op, it has to cost 1000 power and has to require 5 orbs (1 Nature, 1 Shadow, 1 Frost, 1 Fire, 1 Light) to be balanced. It's basically an Insta Win. Every pure fire player used this card (don't lie at me...). If you are going to lose the match... BAM... Global Warming and gg. Of course, i just talk for the red affinity. The blue one is crap. useless piece of cupcake.

So, what about you? Did you use this card? Did you feel great, when you win a match, just by using this card? Isn't this card the answer of this whole "global freezing" the world is talking about? What do you think?

2 hours ago, Treckster said:

http://allcards.bfreborn.com/cards/Global-Warming_frost.jpghttp://allcards.bfreborn.com/cards/Global-Warming_fire.jpg

So, what do you think of this masterpiece?

Description:

Melting the map away

This card is so f*** op, it has to cost 1000 power and has to require 5 orbs (1 Nature, 1 Shadow, 1 Frost, 1 Fire, 1 Light) to be balanced. It's basically an Insta Win. Every pure fire player used this card (don't lie at me...). If you are going to lose the match... BAM... Global Warming and gg. Of course, i just talk for the red affinity. The blue one is crap. useless piece of cupcake.

So, what about you? Did you use this card? Did you feel great, when you win a match, just by using this card? Isn't this card the answer of this whole "global freezing" the world is talking about? What do you think?

Op, nerf.

That actually reminds me on another card. I wonder how many remember ;)

2mxix4i.jpg

8 hours ago, Mental Omega said:

Op, nerf.

That actually reminds me on another card. I wonder how many remember ;)

2mxix4i.jpg

When did they say it's weak or useless?? This and church of negation made me sooooo salty sometimes...

2 hours ago, Treim said:

If i remember correctly it was considered useless before Phenomic buffed it to make it completely broken ;)

atleast thats what i remember

Yep, I believe it cost 175e on U3 and was basically killing every unit on the map, and really every unit, because it also ignores buffs like life weaving. I have to admit that I also played around with this card and Nihil-Altar with it and I came to the conclusion that I never felt as bad as in that moments when you got totally wrecked the whole gane and have like 4-5 wells disadvantage, this didn't matter as long as you got to T3. 

My most broken card list pre-nerf:

1. Mine

2. Voidstorm

3. Sunderer

Yes, you see right. There is no Stormsinger ;)@Eirias @Ladadoos

4 hours ago, YaBro0 said:

Yep, I believe it cost 175e on U3 and was basically killing every unit on the map, and really every unit, because it also ignores buffs like life weaving. I have to admit that I also played around with this card and Nihil-Altar with it and I came to the conclusion that I never felt as bad as in that moments when you got totally wrecked the whole gane and have like 4-5 wells disadvantage, this didn't matter as long as you got to T3. 

My most broken card list pre-nerf:

1. Mine

2. Voidstorm

3. Sunderer

Yes, you see right. There is no Stormsinger ;)@Eirias @Ladadoos

Stormsinger isn't broken though :) And it hasn't been nerfed.

4 hours ago, Eirias said:

Stormsinger isn't broken though :) And it hasn't been nerfed.

While stormsinger isn't even close to be one of the most broken cards in the history of battleforge I still think she got overbuffed. A swift M/M ranged unit, that is very cheap & tanky isn't exactly what i want to see in a shadow frost or a stonekin deck. Fire Frost loses its major weakness (lack of an m-counter) and gets super easy to play and even in pure frost, which is the deck that already got amazing air control & one of the strongest M-counter in T2, Stormsinger saw alot of play, because she was way to reliable.

Talking about the most broken cards of all time the fire cards at release (like Mine, Wildfire, Lavafield, Mortar, Firedancer & Sunderer) were really overpowered. Voidstorm was also super ridicilous, but what used to be really annoying too was that bug, where you could crash the game by spawning a unit with a long spawn-animation (worked very well with Tremor) and while it spawns you could play the Voidstorm, that tried to kill the unit during the spawn animation, which actually caused a desync. 

I guess there is some other stuff, that could be mentioned aswell like deep one or lost shades pre nerf. But in my opinion the strongest combo of all time with the biggest potential was FoF + Balsa + Soul Splicer. Soul Splicer used to be able to mulitply its own amount of corpses as long as embalmers shrine was activated. This means you didn't lose any power by using this combo (okay you lost 5, because you have to activate embalmers shrine) because there was no need to sacrifice units which was the problem with the more used FoF + Balsa combination. You could turn around every game with this combo (even when you were down 5 or 6 power wells). When your combo starts running, you could go T3 immediatly and spam massive basenukes. Your only chance of winning: Finish your opponent before he gets his combo. I'm not sure if this is a true weakness, but if you want to use the combo you were forced to play a pretty long T1 to get enough void power to skip T2, because you just want to build up your combo and go T3 to get your 7min Mo -> Stampede -> Nasty. But Preventing your opponent from reaching the early T2 stage is pretty hard, especially when he decides to use Phasetower to cover his lack of mechanics.

Some facts, that made this combo even nastier:

-> Soulsplicer generated enough corpses for 2 FoF's, which means in 2v2 this is even more broken. I just remember that 2v2 match with hirooo. We crushed the T1 fight, kicked a bunch of wells and were up around 9-10 power wells, but ended up losing to that double FoF combo. When the combo got up there was nothing we could do, because they had way more pressure & unlimited power. I've also seen elendil & dekka, who I'd consider the best 2v2 team of all time, losing to no names because of this combo. I remember so many people getting upset about SoM pre nerf, which was pretty much just the lite version of this combo.

-> And this is for everyone who really hates losing ^-^ - Voidstorm synergizes perfectly with Void Manipulation. With 0 Void power Voidstorm would also deal 0 damage to your own units since its damage was calculated based on the amount of void you've got. This made it even more scary.

Seems like I talked enough about OP-stuff, I'm out - enjoy your day 

14 hours ago, RadicalX said:

While stormsinger isn't even close to be one of the most broken cards in the history of battleforge I still think she got overbuffed. A swift M/M ranged unit, that is very cheap & tanky isn't exactly what i want to see in a shadow frost or a stonekin deck. Fire Frost loses its major weakness (lack of an m-counter) and gets super easy to play and even in pure frost, which is the deck that already got amazing air control & one of the strongest M-counter in T2, Stormsinger saw alot of play, because she was way to reliable.

Talking about the most broken cards of all time the fire cards at release (like Mine, Wildfire, Lavafield, Mortar, Firedancer & Sunderer) were really overpowered. Voidstorm was also super ridicilous, but what used to be really annoying too was that bug, where you could crash the game by spawning a unit with a long spawn-animation (worked very well with Tremor) and while it spawns you could play the Voidstorm, that tried to kill the unit during the spawn animation, which actually caused a desync. 

I guess there is some other stuff, that could be mentioned aswell like deep one or lost shades pre nerf. But in my opinion the strongest combo of all time with the biggest potential was FoF + Balsa + Soul Splicer. Soul Splicer used to be able to mulitply its own amount of corpses as long as embalmers shrine was activated. This means you didn't lose any power by using this combo (okay you lost 5, because you have to activate embalmers shrine) because there was no need to sacrifice units which was the problem with the more used FoF + Balsa combination. You could turn around every game with this combo (even when you were down 5 or 6 power wells). When your combo starts running, you could go T3 immediatly and spam massive basenukes. Your only chance of winning: Finish your opponent before he gets his combo. I'm not sure if this is a true weakness, but if you want to use the combo you were forced to play a pretty long T1 to get enough void power to skip T2, because you just want to build up your combo and go T3 to get your 7min Mo -> Stampede -> Nasty. But Preventing your opponent from reaching the early T2 stage is pretty hard, especially when he decides to use Phasetower to cover his lack of mechanics.

Some facts, that made this combo even nastier:

-> Soulsplicer generated enough corpses for 2 FoF's, which means in 2v2 this is even more broken. I just remember that 2v2 match with hirooo. We crushed the T1 fight, kicked a bunch of wells and were up around 9-10 power wells, but ended up losing to that double FoF combo. When the combo got up there was nothing we could do, because they had way more pressure & unlimited power. I've also seen elendil & dekka, who I'd consider the best 2v2 team of all time, losing to no names because of this combo. I remember so many people getting upset about SoM pre nerf, which was pretty much just the lite version of this combo.

-> And this is for everyone who really hates losing ^-^ - Voidstorm synergizes perfectly with Void Manipulation. With 0 Void power Voidstorm would also deal 0 damage to your own units since its damage was calculated based on the amount of void you've got. This made it even more scary.

Seems like I talked enough about OP-stuff, I'm out - enjoy your day 

I agree on that it was the most op thing that ever existed in BF. Was super ridicoulus in PVP and PVE. It had like crazy synergy with certain other combos. As you already mentioned some of those synergies for PVP I'd like to add some for the PVE aspect. Due to the basically infinite power you could gather it perfectly synergized with Second Chance. At the time it was possible to activate Second Chance and sent all of your units into a Decomposer. They would return voidless - means their bound power flows into the voidpool which would flow back in your powerpool super fast due to FoF + Embalmer + Soul Splicer. In one activation of Second Chance you can kill units 3 times. Combine that with the power LSS have (they were even stronger back in that days) and you could start with 2 LSS and get 8 out in one Second Chance( you had to enlight Second Chance, so after the first cycle you could spawn 3 LSS instead of 2). You would activate Second Chance twice and that way it was even possible to break the unit limit of 120. With fast fingers you could get 14 LSS at around 8-9 minutes in solo play - even faster with a decent team. After that you had enough power to stack Wheel of Gifts (was also possible at the time) and rush through a map with spell support. Only difficulty about this strategy was that youd split up the LSS into up to 4 groups that you had to direct through the map and keep them alive which wasnt all that easy with only 2 support spells (regrowth + revenge). While that youd need to keep the FoF+ Embalmer+ Soul Splicer combo running all the time. Basically you could achieve times under 12 minutes in solo rPVE play with this one which we are nowhere near these days ( ~2-3 minutes slower).

All of the mentioned cards got nerfed in one way or another ( Second Chance + Decomposer doesn't work anymore, WoG doesn't stack anymore, LSS damage got hit a bit). The enabler for all this was definetly FoF+ Embalmer + Soul Splicer without doubt though.

Btw how did we get to this point of discussion :D

Btt?

16 minutes ago, SunWu II. said:

That's amazing, until today i thought this was impossible

You can still break it with cultist master and this weird twillight tower :D

Edit: It's Infected Tower, does someone know if the legendary twillight bug Spam still works?

Edited by YaBro0

26 minutes ago, YaBro0 said:

You can still break it with cultist master and this weird twillight tower :D

Edit: It's Infected Tower, does someone know if the legendary twillight bug Spam still works?

I think it still works but is way less effective - not 100% sure though

39 minutes ago, SunWu II. said:

That's amazing, until today i thought this was impossible

And actually you can still break the unit limit with Second Chance - you just gotta need to be more creative and its way less reliable.

I think Shadow Mage, Dreadcharger and Portal Nexus still work - there might be some more options but the mentioned ones are the most effective ways. However the respawn of units seems to be way more random than before. You always had to fit certain (4) 'rules' to get a 100% chance of units respawning. After they patched Decomposer + Second Chance though it seems like it is either just random nowadays or i just didnt find the the new requirements for it yet ( also might be because i didnt play that strategy a lot after the combo was patched. Btw you can also work around Revenants in theory to break the unit limit - it requires a special deck and you have to clear the map in about 4 minutes after you killed the units to get all the Revenants,  but its actually pretty fun.

I didnt played that one with breaking the unit limit though yet. Pretty sure there are more ways to get around it, just a matter of creativity and efficiency :).

Edit: I do not think that its possible to get 14 XL units anymore though. You had to be rather lucky to get it and it was not really worth the risk ( I had like a 3-5% success rate on getting 14 LSS while 13 was a sure thing if you pay little attention :)) and without decomposer the window of opportunity is even smaller. But 13 should be possible.

I can confirm second chance unit limit can still be broken, the units have to respawn while the units you summon are in spawn animation. apparently they don't count towards the unit cap yet. you can get 2-3 extra units depending on the spawn animation duration. the twilight tower just rapes the unit limit. was running around with 500+ units on rpve9 regularly.

Real talk:

The bugs of the Infect and the larger single units were actually aliens that the Skylords of Shadow thought were so cool that they added them to the annals and cards of the Skyforge despite them not originating from our own world.

28d17652f49e075eb45cddfe077e367b.gif

Edited by Dragon270

56 minutes ago, Dragon270 said:

Real talk:

The bugs of the Infect and the larger single units were actually aliens that the Skylords of Shadow thought were so cool that they added them to the annals and cards of the Skyforge despite them not originating from our own world.

Word ! They're useless witout that masterbrainbug though.

Edit: Why not make this the next topic of discussion:

Nightcrawler-0.jpg.247540ecf2471a0bc03ba

Nightcrawler I Damage +40
Nightcrawler I Frenzy +25% damage bonus
Nightcrawler II Damage +65
Nightcrawler II Frenzy +25% damage bonus
Nightcrawler III Damage +70

I don't think this card was of much use in PVE if we forget about the nightcrawlers spawned by cultist masters that went right into the furnace...

In PvP it was one of the core cards wich was untouchable balance-wise. It was crucial in almost half of the possible matchups and every deck had it's own ways of countering them (most difficult for pure nature without amazon?). Hirooo once managed to play shadow/nature without them but that was only possible because of amii phantom. Every beginner that plays a shadow splash should learn how to make use of them against different oponents.

Edited by SunWu II.

From an rPVE perspective they were okay but the problem simply was that you can have better cards in every possible splash with DA's and Shadow Phoenix. And thats not even mentioning cards that are only playable in certain splashes

Bandits got Gladiatrix which I'd prefer over NC any time. And if you'd start fire T1 you even had great spell support from t1 which is most of the time enough to clear t3 alone.

Pure Shadow got Shadow Mages + Netherwarp or Harvester + a fun strategy around Embalmer + Befallen's Curse/Corpse Explosion + Undead Army or if you really wanted you could even use AoC in a fun strategy with 2 guys using it which I'd prefer it over it as well.

Shadow Nature got Amii-Phantom which was okayish. It's honestly the only splash where i would consider to play it. With good cc and heal support + good T1 ranged units i see actually some value in using NC's as base nuke - still not great though.

Shadow Frost got Lost Dancer, Lost Reaver, Lost Shades, Mountaineer and Stormsingers + my favorite t2 combo which is about Lost Converter and your mate using Netherwarp (frost) to teleport all the enemies into the aura - Its pretty damn funny :P

So yeah not really a whole lot of space for NC's unless you want to play them due to style reasons ? Even in Nature Shadow you got 2 better and probably 1 equally strong option (Amii-Phantom) and i personally think that Amii-Phantom is the more interesting card.

25 minutes ago, Ultrakool said:

well it takes way too long now since you cant kill your own units though.... 

As far as I know it doesn't really matter, it will only be delayed at the beginning since you have to wait before they die, but after that it shouldn't matter much. The only thing is that you can't get the bugs instantly, since you cant kill them, so you would have to summon them earlier (anticipate when you would need them).

It didn't take much.. Just spawn as many cultist masters as possible and keep using the ability. Goes pretty quick.

Edit: Am I missing something... since when can buildings be dazed?
571a412f89b2f_DazedInfectedTower.png.48b

Edited by Ladadoos

1 hour ago, Ladadoos said:

Edit: Am I missing something... since when can buildings be dazed?
571a412f89b2f_DazedInfectedTower.png.48b

When they're being constructed. In the forge there is still actually a construction time, so you must have taken that screen shot during the half second that the building was constructing.

If you want proof that buildings need to be constructed in the forge, make a couple hurricanes and try to spawn a building in the middle--it will die instantly :)

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic