Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

2 minutes ago, Loptous said:

Infect.jpg.d4bc7c490caff520514afb90c7f21

I am back and better than ever!

Let's make things ironic today.

So to myself, I find this more of a PVE card, that could be combined with soul shatter for some nice wave clear and then some pesky units to toy around with after.

I believe soul splicer and Overlord could have some impact on this card as well. The least I can say, is that the card is fun and I'd also like some info of how it could be used in PVP.

Imo this is a very good card. I really liked to combine it with whatever damage spell whenever i play double shadow orbs.

It can be combined with SoulShatter, Frenetic Assault in whatever deck you play and brings great result. Due to access to void manipulation the high power costs of those spell combos are nothing to worry about. In Shadow Nature you can add Thunderstorm for T3 clear.

This ones even good in T4 where you can get access to stuff like Cluster Explosion.

I especially liked it in 'Buff the Batariel decks', where Frenetic Assault is a Standard card anyway and the Aura just kills so much that a shit ton of NC's are getting spawned which can take out the rest of the base, so the Batariel can move on to the next base even faster - they also prevent some damage coming in. They are especially useful against Twilight rPVE maps as they can 'tank' the paralyze effect of the nasty towers( can go up to 3 per base). Even though you should have Disenchant that helps - especially if you play Speedruns where you will have some Players using Bloodhorns and LSS generally. You can generally avoid 1 Paralyze tower by using Matter Mastery before it hits your units but you can generally not avoid the 2nd and 3rd one.

very key card in an Ashbone Pyro deck. you need anything that can tank to keep your Pyros alive (kids do not try this at home unless you know what you do :D;)).

Little tip: Motivating one NC makes them even scarrier ;)

Thugs.jpg.4770b58b9cc044957fd38a1c0d3f1d

So I don't know much about early game Fire PVP, but let me say this, I hate this card.

It's so easy to kill and they are pretty slow to start with because, there are just plain better options.

Like Firesworn, strikers, scavenger, etc.

The ability it has is pretty fun, I will admit but other than that it's nothing to be proud of. Thugs to me, just doesn't have a place in any sort of deck just because it's ability only works on power wells.

Making it pretty useless for PVE and mediocre for PVP just because Sunstriders are kind of a better pick.

Well those are some of my thoughts on Thugs, what do you guys say?

it's a quite strong card and is especially usefull vs. shadow t1, which used to be quite dominant/popular in pvp. most high elo players have it in their deck, but it is not quite a must have card. After the ability got nerfed i feel like it is okay now considering the cost of 60 energy.

21 minutes ago, Loptous said:

So I don't know much about early game Fire PVP, but let me say this, I hate this card.

It's so easy to kill and they are pretty slow to start with because, there are just plain better options.

The ability it has is pretty fun, I will admit but other than that it's nothing to be proud of. Thugs to me, just doesn't have a place in any sort of deck just because it's ability only works on power wells.

Making it pretty useless for PVE and mediocre for PVP just because Sunstriders are kind of a better pick.

The card description is wrong. It works on Units afaik.

After they buffed it to make that 'Looter' just straight up 'must have' in rPVE. Iit was used for 2 or 3 month in rPVE and was just disgustingly strong - then they nerfed it again and meta became like before :P - pretty irrelevant for PVE before and after though.

It used to not work on units, but then they buffed it to work on units,(Very OP after buff, you could spam Thugs against everything and just gain power back) and im not sure of the current state(whether it works on units still and they lowered the % or if they nerfed it back to work on buildings...)

Great card, I love looting Power 

I also like their quotes

Power efficient early on, and if left untouched, can do great damage against bad micromanagement

With low HP, however, can be killed quickly, especially if dazed (but that sums up most of Fire units, especially early on)

1 hour ago, Ultrakool said:

It used to not work on units, but then they buffed it to work on units,(Very OP after buff, you could spam Thugs against everything and just gain power back) and im not sure of the current state(whether it works on units still and they lowered the % or if they nerfed it back to work on buildings...)

only the percentage was lowered, it still works on units

3 hours ago, Loptous said:

I am so pissed that this card got a buff in the first place... there is no need to give fire another viable T1 card and in the ocean of all UP cards they pick a card like thugs. I mean at some point they should have realised that T1 is very hard to balance and they don't have any clue of balancing in the first place!

Puhhh... sorry for my emotional breakdown but I needed this...

Yeah, Thugs are actually very strong in T1 and sadly became nearly a must have for two simple reasons. Fire and shadow are now pretty equal but shadow now requires pretty decent micro to win vs a good use of thugs. What I don't like is that thugs turned the tides and fire is now more of a no brainer vs shadow. A simple but good thugs use will make you win the middle vs 90% of all shadowplayers, because the lack the micro to deal with them. So many people started playing thugs because they make it way easier vs the popular shadow T1. But thugs are even stronger in a fire T1 mirror and their popularity made them a nearly must have because of the mirror matchup and not because they are strong vs shadow. In the good old days thugs were already used to give advantage in a fire mirror and was very useful. So in my eyes the buff wasn't neccessary and it woulf be better to nerf phasetower instead...

Can't say a lot about Mumbo Jumbo. I do remember that it was once on a watchlist, people wanted to make it Arcane because it was pretty much useless... and since its not arcane now it still is useless.

As for Vileblood, it is a fun card at low Elo in pvp. CC + Ravage on Vileblood can be really nasty if your enemy doesnt know how to handle L units in T2, but after a point Burrower is vastly superior.

And since you don't really need siege in pve its rather "meh" in general. I like the idea behind the card and before it was nerfed it was a very popular choice in Fire/Nature pvp deck. They certainly overdid the nerf and lowered stats and increased energy.

Imo, energy should be brought down to 120 again and I think that would be fine. Not enough to make it into pro decks most likely, but enough to make it appeal more to people in general.

Mumbo Jumbo is an option for some speedrun decks as it provides 20% extra damage to units. Its much like Frostbite in that regard. Not really anything special, just nice to have if you have the slots for it. Generally only used in 4 Player Maps from the 2 guys with supportive roles.
Does not stack with Frostbite - so one of the 2 is enough.

Vileblood is like an average card - neither good nor horribly bad. You can use it but you definetly have other options.

56db864e9cf2d_Protectors-Seals.jpg.ec0df56db86502ad7c_Protectors-Seal.jpg.42389c

Yesterday I was thinking of doing the normal one card but I thought to myself, "I'd really like to know how people think on these cards", I mean to say the least they are interesting to me.

These were obviously made to be a PVE card to help out against those freaking annoying strong monsters and whatnot, though I personally never owned either one of them.

The only thing I don't quite understand, is that there are no Protector Seals against Stonekin or Bandits (Probably because they aren't as annoying as twlight and dare I say Lost Souls).

The Lost Souls one though could be extremely useful just because, they are Lost Souls and they hate you, a lot.

Overall, to me I think they both could make a worthy appearance inside a mainly PVE deck, if you are going to take one, you are better off taking both, because you never know what your going up against.

One last note, I wonder if these could possibly make it into some janky PVP deck of some sorts, because that would be kind of cool.

I used them in rPVE, in PVP they're far too situational. Let's say you put the twilight-version in your fire/nature-deck. Now you're not immune to Grigs, Tremors and such - you just spend 150 power to set up an area where they can't attack for a certain time. That's really not doing much, especially when the oponent can then attack another base of yours, wich is the case in most scenarios. Offensively (to protect your attacking units) it gets countered by cc and building protects, everything that buys time.

Was used very heavily for speedrunning back in the days when you would play around WoG, SC and Ashbone Pyros very heavily. The protection really helped against Twilight maps.

Pretty much irrelevant for current games due to Ashbone Pyros not being a viable strategy for speedruns anymore.

Curse-of-Oink.jpg.bdcf36079e23da43fb3b7a

Fashionably late as usual :D 

So obviously this card has seen a lot of play because of it's great value, there are so many combo potentials within PVP and PVE alike for this card.

Whether to escape or set up a battle, Curse of Oink to me is very great at both.

Some combos I could think off the top of my head could do something with Coldsnap and creeping paralysis, only a few but I am sure there are more.

a very strong card, especially if you just want to ignore enemy units and siege a well. can be quite annoying, especially with burrowers. Also good if you want to stall an l unit and deal with other units first. It looks really goofy as well, no idea who was like "guess what would make bafo better... FLYING PIGS!".

I guess that there's nothing more to say than this card is simply a must have in every nature splash.

Something that just came into my mind. Is it somehow possible to debuff the oink immunity on an enemy unit?

That would be crazy OP but nice to know :D

11 minutes ago, YaBro0 said:

I guess that there's nothing more to say than this card is simply a must have in every nature splash.

Something that just came into my mind. Is it somehow possible to debuff the oink immunity on an enemy unit?

That would be crazy OP but nice to know :D

so chain roots + oink cc isnt op enough for you? :kappa: 

Simply a great card with good value in every stage of a game due to the great utility/cc it offers. Even greater that this is a 3 BFP card and definetly a must-have for any beginner.

• 1 month later...
  • fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic