Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

2 hours ago, anonyme0273 said:

(can be killed by owner to get rid of the curse immediately)

That is simply ridiculous. Due to the power cost it's not worth to use it on anything that costs less than 110 power (at U2) then. It is already quite useless against Shadow (because of Motivate) and loses even more efficiency with that. I'd strongly suggest to implement a "unit can't be killed by owner" additionally to my earlier suggestions.

2 hours ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Are you sure about this 30 seconds? The description says until the unit dies.

I'm also surprised by this. Don't have time for testing right now sadly, but that makes the spell even weaker and overpriced.
If the power cost is drastically reduced (to ~80 at U3) it would be ok. In that case it would probably even be a decent spell but in turn I wouldn't buff the green affinity (purple one still needs some love).

honestly a card that just prevents you from playing cards is a terrible design. i'm happy it is close to unusable. i mean what are you going to do if the enemy plays an xl unit and you can't have giant slayers? is that supposed to be fair?

43 minutes ago, LagOps said:

honestly a card that just prevents you from playing cards is a terrible design. i'm happy it is close to unusable. i mean what are you going to do if the enemy plays an xl unit and you can't have giant slayers? is that supposed to be fair?

thats a really good point you have there.

1 hour ago, LagOps said:

Ok I agree with that one. Never though of combining it with an XL unit yourself. The question that arises from this is: What do we do with the card then?

I suggest we leave it as it is. As I said, and apparently some people may back me up on this, each card has a use, even if deemed

2 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

quite useless

and

2 hours ago, Kaliber84 said:

overpriced.

@LagOps proved with a simple thought that its use is beyond good when used properly and can win games against Fire and I would add even Frost with Lyrish Knights. Balance exists and indepths thought is required before judging a card

@Kaliber84 i'm not sure, but i definately wouldn't make it cheap. that would just cause you to use to disable the enemy defense every time. in t3 you typically have an l counter, a basenuke and maybe an xl counter. if the card is too cheap you can just rely on siege/xl units and simply bann their counters from the game. i honestly wouldn't want to see a major buff because this card can easyly get out of hands. i have seen it in some mid elo matches and sometimes it worked out quite well. on this elo it is ofc. easyer to get the energy to play an xl unit with it, making it much more effective. i doubt the card will see a lot of high elo play; deckslots are just too precious and you generaly want units in t3 and keep the t3 as small as possible.

White-Rangers.jpg.5f1b3edbb74f479111565f

So I like this card just because it's like Darkelves for frost.

Although the negatives would be 2 frost orbed requirements and the 70 power cost is pretty high for 5x6 units but it has some great hp.

My question would be, what would be the benefit of taking this over defenders? Or could you fit these in the same deck to make them work idk.

They both have 70 power cost, although the defenders are way more tanky and can use their ability to not get knocked around.

But, I heard this card has a pretty long range making it pretty useful for some siege or something.

So what do you guys think?

well the ability is really strange and does not seem that impactfull. the card is in general a bit too costly and it has a poort stats distribution. less hp and more dmg. would be nice to have. other than that the card does not really fit the faction at all, it just doesn't have a use for this card.

What do I think... I love the special ability. I remember watching (and ultimately doing it myself) the special ability being used over a mountain in the map 'Behind Enemy Lines' to kill a Skycatcher. It was too good. I believe it was in a community challenge video.

Edited by Ladadoos

1 hour ago, Loptous said:

White-Rangers.jpg.5f1b3edbb74f479111565f

So I like this card just because it's like Darkelves for frost.

Although the negatives would be 2 frost orbed requirements and the 70 power cost is pretty high for 5x6 units but it has some great hp.

My question would be, what would be the benefit of taking this over defenders? Or could you fit these in the same deck to make them work idk.

They both have 70 power cost, although the defenders are way more tanky and can use their ability to not get knocked around.

But, I heard this card has a pretty long range making it pretty useful for some siege or something.

So what do you guys think?

Yeah, they are kinda like Darkelf Assassins. Only that they lack their damage, or great ability... or low power cost.

Another problem is that they actually only deal 440 damage (11 * 6 / 3 * 20). But by far their biggest problem is that Stormsinger is a far better M-counter. Not only does it deal more damage, is cheaper and is m-sized, it also has a superb ability.

And as for your question, the benefit this card has over defenders is that they are m-counters :P

It is just another high HP, low damage card that is similar to Defenders and Master Archers (which is a neat idea and fits the frost type of macro oriented gameplay but just isn't enough in T2) and hardly brings anything useful to the game.

They deal 15 damage per shot on U3, so that is not impressive either (which is 600 ATK per squad). I literally can't find anything positive about this card other than it being a ranged unit. And if I recally correctly their ability costs about 15ish power as well. Meh?

A nice to have card which I can see some people having fun with at a low Elo meta. Nothing more.

I just don't see frost needing another m-counter which happens to deal low damage and doesn't have anything convincing about it. With must haves like Stormsinger and War Eagle I simply cannot see what this card possibly has to offer. I don't even see it being a real threat when using the ability over cliffs.

Another case of bad design.

From my low elo memories: Use this card over cliffs to piss off your opponent :) even in late game do it multiple times(split false attack) to distrub him from good focus. if he let these guys keep that ability activated he lose that point .

Especially some colors do not have power efficient defense against this.

the ability has bigger range than termite hill and the dmg was too big so they nerffed it against buildings.

Either the ability can do some defense .

on the other hand i do not see much potencial at aggresive high elo 1v1 bcs huge cost

but in 2v2 if you cooperate your deck with your ally this  card can have a huge potencial.

Frost-Mage.jpg.fe3722330a03ee17565ad974b

More frost for today!

One of the most core frost cards that if you do not have, you need to get it right away.

Countering a vast majority of T1 plays that mainly involve small units is a huge benefactor to frost.

Also this card was very expensive back in the old days and I remember getting one from a 1 BFP card pack back when they cost 1 bfp.

Although because, when I got this card, I just started the game and wanted Mutating Maniac, I traded this for it :(

The dominating T1 unit for rPVE speedruns in 1 and 2 Player Maps from 2009 - 2011 until Second Chance, WoG and Soul Splicer FoF were nerfed within few months.

Still your way to go if you want a 3 card frost t1. Can heavily struggle against Lost Souls due to Lost Dancers and those Spiders raping them - especially when shielded. In that case Master Archers >> FM, otherwise Master Archers < FM. Highly recommending taking Master Archers against Stonekin in 1 and 2 Player Maps - not 100% necassery in most cases though, just much much easier and faster t2 clear. If you want to rush t3 always take Master Archers for superior focus on buildings - mostly for lower rPVE levels.

rogan kayle is an alright card his "inspiering leader" ability means he is good for giving you an extra buff in combat. his "it in the shoes" ability gives newer players a few seconds of breathing time in huge hectic fights to heal and to cast summon units. overall he is a good card for newer players but there are much better card out there in the 2 orb slot and his 90 power cost is alright but for 90 power what do you expect.

12 minutes ago, Ladadoos said:

How have we gone from Frost Mage to Rogan Kayle O.o ?

the guy who made this topic chooses them i think but i agree it is a wired chose it should be a frost or stone kin card

1 minute ago, youto000 said:

the guy who made this topic chooses them i think but i agree it is a wired chose it should be a frost or stone kin card

i am an idiot i was looking at another page :l 

Just now, youto000 said:

Yeah, the creator of this thread usually chooses the cards. Everyday a new card is supposed to be discussed and this day it was Frost mage.

@Kiwi 

Also, a good T1 card, great for anti-nature rushes, anti-fire rushed... man, it was good overall. The knockback was essential, as damage is pretty low. Very usefull with a bunch of Master Archers ready to shred everything this Frost Mage knocks back. With two, three of there, no S unit has a chance (perhaps just Rifle Cultists :kappa: )

1 hour ago, anonyme0273 said:

@Kiwi 

Also, a good T1 card, great for anti-nature rushes, anti-fire rushed... man, it was good overall. The knockback was essential, as damage is pretty low. Very usefull with a bunch of Master Archers ready to shred everything this Frost Mage knocks back. With two, three of there, no S unit has a chance (perhaps just  Rifle Cultists :kappa: )

why would Rifle Cultists be the only S unit that would stand a chance agents frost mage?

Just now, youto000 said:

why would Rifle Cultists be the only S unit that would stand a chance agents frost mage?

Dark Grenade. Huge range and can be fully charged before the Frost Mage gets close (on U3). On lower levels, it won't probably work.

However, if you look at knockback, even Frost Mage knocks units around in a direction where 6 man squads may be spread so much, that the cone of the knockback doesn't hit them all anymore. Thus 1 Rifle Cultist may finish charging the Grenade and exploding it, killing the Frost Mage (who may not manage to micromanage well, and if it moves, it will be shot by ranged units)... or just killed by M L XL in the meantime :)

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic