Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

So I will add info about his ability. It is about "purge" effect: Gifted affinity if purges allies, gives them immunity for 15 sec, Tainted affinity if purges enemy, gives them insensitive for 15 sec, BUT, BUT he loss 300(!) life point for casting it. I don't know did ability cost energy or not, but losing 3/4 of your hp, and not avaliable to cast it when hp<300 (sacrifice) is not good. Lifesteal doesn't change situation. Maybe with upgrades he got more hp or lesser cost in hp or anything else. Even I don't know about will Life Weaving work with ability or not (I think - Not).

Still he can purge Ava's shield for 120 energy, Grigories taunt, etc and any buff/debuff; also L-type attack instead of M-type of Skyfire Drake will play into the hand of in t3 fights. And on top of it you can take both the Skyfire Drake and the Windhunter to become actual badass ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

@Chimaka(Same) at maximum upgrade level, windhunter has 600 hp.

my thoughts on the card:

the active is really an interesting component of the card and i like it a lot. i use it very often and to great effect (green affinity) . it CAN conter coldsnap, parasite swarm, stormsinger ability, poison from spirit hunters, night guard...

the purple affinity is really lacking in comparison and i can't see why i would pick it over the green one in any situation.

the life steal actually has some value on this unit, 2 hits of skyfire + erupt can't kill it, ability+hit also gets you over 300 hp and prevents erupt.

now to the bad part...

1. the damage is lower than stated on the card. 137 dmg just is so annoying, skyfire drakes allways get away with a sliver of health. 150 dmg per hit would be enough...

2. the aoe is too small to make damage to s units after the first hit. instead of countering s units it makes this unit very weak vs. them. especially assasins destroy this unit. please fix the bugs.

15 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

Strong defensive card... but for PvP there is a rule: Going defensive is losing the game, right?

no that is 100% not true. thing is frost t1 has such a good defense that you won't lose wells most of the time, and those which you use would not be saved by having that tower.

1 hour ago, LagOps said:

no that is 100% not true. thing is frost t1 has such a good defense that you won't lose wells most of the time, and those which you use would not be saved by having that tower.

I don't think it is strong tho... if you rely on that strategy and you get a bigger 1v1 pvp map, it will be more than likely that you have more than 2 or 3 well clusters to defend... if you place such a tower at every well cluster it is a lot of bound power that the attack can use to just focus 1 well cluster, right?

It is okayish in few situations for rPVE.

If you get attacked from a whole base at t1 when attacking your t2 it can be somewhat worth. That situation happened only once to me and that was when Amii wasnt even released. Other than that never actually used that card

56bb559785c34_Evocators-Woe_shadow.jpg.356bb55988d410_Evocators-Woe_nature.jpg.b

Hi yall, I am back with another card.

First off, the green may seem a little better in some situations where you would put this over an enemies base or even yours to prevent some nasty spells. 

This card has some combo potentials as well, summoning a crap ton of units then sending them off into the frey of battle while casting this to prevent the enemy from doing more damage then you would like.

This card is a silence and I think the price for it is fairly reasonable, definitely has practical use.

Not so sure about PVE though, I think it could stop enemies from spawning idk, I don't see much use for this outside of PVP just because you want to use spells when fighting AI units because of how much damage they can deal. 

Edited by Loptous

4 hours ago, Loptous said:

56bb559785c34_Evocators-Woe_shadow.jpg.356bb55988d410_Evocators-Woe_nature.jpg.b

Hi yall, I am back with another card.

First off, the green may seem a little better in some situations where you would put this over an enemies base or even yours to prevent some nasty spells. 

This card has some combo potentials as well, summoning a crap ton of units then sending them off into the frey of battle while casting this to prevent the enemy from doing more damage then you would like.

This card is a silence and I think the price for it is fairly reasonable, definitely has practical use.

Not so sure about PVE though, I think it could stop enemies from spawning idk, I don't see much use for this outside of PVP just because you want to use spells when fighting AI units because of how much damage they can deal. 

Huh, both of them are very good spells in each affinity. The question is about what one you would take into your deck? Reason is tactics you want to play. Just like you play LS (:shadoworb:->:shadoworb:->:frostorb: or :shadoworb:->:frostorb:->:shadoworb:) and you actually need an anti-spell spell (yea spell to cast no spells) to get safe offensive tactic (LS are good in dealing with units 1 to 1), also the tainted one is good in that too. Nah, I would take both of them into my deck.

P.S. This card is not for PvE at all, I don't see any reasons to use it in PVE. Because green affinity dosn't work actually never (abilities of units still work), shadow one isn't needed (abilities to summon units still work too). Also it takes a slot in deck.

I can't give a lot of input for this, other than that this is a really good card for pvp.

Not only once have I seen wells go down by players casting Evicator's Woe while attacking with Ashbone Pyro.

Among other cards like Cultist Master this is also one of the cards that makes double shadow orb in T3 a very strong choice.

Spikeroot.jpg.2ba054fbccefce3aa9ac7ef59e

I'm Groot!

I have more questions than answers with this card. I have gotten them before, but always sold them because of their decent price.

Is there a benefit to take this over tree-spirit or a card such as Deep One, I have no idea.

The stat line is ok and is very similar to Sun reaver in the aspects of looks and gameplay, although being cheaper.

So this card could be comboed up with a few shamans, some good buildings, and another spikeroot for good measure, setting up a decent defense, which could lead to camp style esq stuff.

I'll leave the rest to you guys

Awww ye.

It really shines in a root network deck. I think that without root nexus and even living tower it's no really use having him in your deck. No root the root network isn't a camping style gameplay. I sometimes played him defensively, but you would be surprised at how good a root network is on offence, once you take the time to set it up, and this guy is dealing 1k damage per hit. It's beautiful :3 My eyes are getting all watery now, ahh i miss him..

I think you use spikeroot for the chalenge and the fun, if you didn't play for that I don't see why you would take him over DO, EP, and SoM.

3 minutes ago, SilenceKiller99 said:

pretty strong as far as I have seen in replays. Would mauler disable his attack while he is rooted? 

Yes.

But you can doge his attacks anywas. Setting a network up does not work against competent opponents.

Without one his dps is not high enough to warrant a slot for attacking purposes. High energy t2 should make the card good but a DO spam does the same thing better.

Only real upside would be splitt spikeroot + cc to stop burrowers. 

with the addition of treespirit you can actually have a working t2 root network. it's just too bad players who play treespirit lame their way through t2 with deep one spamm after ep spamm with void manipulation. i still would like to have treespirit reworked into a mele t2 m/m unit with the root ability only attacking air units. this way you could give the root playstyle some love while fixing the m/m counter issue pure nature has in t2 as a bonus on top of it.

Concerning PvP I can just say that I saw a few videos where the opponent got wrecked by the dmg output. But yeah, it's probably way harder to play the better the ELO.

In PvE I quite liked him and would always pick him over other root units. Never liked Thornbark at all and wasn't a big fan of Treespirit. He really shines with the heals and CC from pure Nature. And there were also quite some funny strategies to max his dmg output (like going Frost T3 just for Home Soil). Absolutely great for taking out groups but only good vs XL units if you let another unit tank or kite.

The biggest weakness are air units as Spikeroot can't attack them but that's totally ok. Without that he'd be OP as f*ck.

Spikeroot was pretty good for PvP. I was usually hovering around the 50-ish rank, and used him in nearly all my decks (I only played pure nature). Of course DO is probably better, easier to use and requires less cards, but Spikeroot is not bad at all. He one-shots Gladiatrixes and Nightguards most of the time, has a decent melee attack and a lot of HP. It also should be noticed that nearly every player gets paranoid when they see a Spikeroot around while you build a Root Nexus. I had a lot of opponents who would just erupt (!) the Root Nexus.

The air weakness is nothing new to pure nature, so I would call that a problem with the faction and not with the unit. 

14 hours ago, LagOps said:

with the addition of treespirit you can actually have a working t2 root network. it's just too bad players who play treespirit lame their way through t2 with deep one spamm after ep spamm with void manipulation. i still would like to have treespirit reworked into a mele t2 m/m unit with the root ability only attacking air units. this way you could give the root playstyle some love while fixing the m/m counter issue pure nature has in t2 as a bonus on top of it.

That would be so epic: you could give pure nature a M/M counter (should be no more than 60 power), a new playstyle buffed (root network) and a counter to air units.

Before it's too late I wanted to suggest a great idea i just had (hopefully no one allready said it) :D

We make treespirit melee m/m unit like you guys suggested with around 500-550 atk on u3 since it has high health ( I believe it was 680 or 720 def on u3) and the strongest t1 support. 

Now to the good part ;) we completely erase its range attack but it is stil able to connect to the root system. Remember that the rootnetwork loses its power once the support units are attacking. This was its biggest weakness and you had to use buildings to get the support units/buildings more far away from the attacking root unit to stop them from attacking.

With the new treespirit you'd become a very strong agile root network which can actually be useful in PvP without advantage, fix the OP treespirit and give nature something to balance out the autolost matchup vs frost T1 and buff it a little vs fire. (You'll be able to take wells in T1 without huge advantage)

Btw a spikeroot requires two shots vs fully upgraded nightguard and gladiatrix, they survive with very low after the first one but if they run in your attack the right way they really die in one shot :)

1 hour ago, YaBro0 said:

Before it's too late I wanted to suggest a great idea i just had (hopefully no one allready said it) :D

We make treespirit melee m/m unit like you guys suggested with around 500-550 atk on u3 since it has high health ( I believe it was 680 or 720 def on u3) and the strongest t1 support. 

Now to the good part ;) we completely erase its range attack but it is stil able to connect to the root system. Remember that the rootnetwork loses its power once the support units are attacking. This was its biggest weakness and you had to use buildings to get the support units/buildings more far away from the attacking root unit to stop them from attacking.

With the new treespirit you'd become a very strong agile root network which can actually be useful in PvP without advantage, fix the OP treespirit and give nature something to balance out the autolost matchup vs frost T1 and buff it a little vs fire. (You'll be able to take wells in T1 without huge advantage)

Btw a spikeroot requires two shots vs fully upgraded nightguard and gladiatrix, they survive with very low after the first one but if they run in your attack the right way they really die in one shot :)

Hmm I always thought Spikeroot deals random damage, thanks for the clarification!

On your suggestion: I would prefer giving nature a M/M unit in T2. So slightly increase the stats and make it require 2 nature orbs. What would be really nice if we give you suggestion (no attack, only support) to say the nature affinity, and LagOps' suggestion to the purple affinity. They both seem very useful and I can't choose ;p

1 hour ago, YaBro0 said:

And the survive an endless amount of shots if they run away instead everytime big scarry roots are appearing.

@Hirooo yes, that's definately the case unless spikerroot is combined with ensnaring roots. i also belive it is fine this way, the unit is more suited for setting up sieges that combat in open field or defense.

aside from that, you are constantly forced to micro your units out of it and i recon it would reduce the dps of those units quite a bit. it's nothing stellar, but it isn't like spikerroot gets useless when dealing with other units.

56 minutes ago, Hirooo said:

And the survive an endless amount of shots if they run away instead everytime big scarry roots are appearing.

True, your forced to waste cc's but the splash dmg on multiple wells and orb is still pretty good and with 2 treespirits support they would one hit many T2 m-units. (If they don't run away or get cc'ed :D)

1 hour ago, MarbSlonk said:

Hmm I always thought Spikeroot deals random damage, thanks for the clarification!

On your suggestion: I would prefer giving nature a M/M unit in T2. So slightly increase the stats and make it require 2 nature orbs. What would be really nice if we give you suggestion (no attack, only support) to say the nature affinity, and LagOps' suggestion to the purple affinity. They both seem very useful and I can't choose ;p

I wouldn't consider giving nature a useful m/m unit. The only reason why EP and SoM is not completely over the top OP is because nature has T1 disadvantages and weaker T2 counters than the other factions. On an equal skilllevel you won't beat most of the factions without those cards. But if nature has a decent balanced deck without those cards it will become completely broken with them. 

So imo we shouldn't give nature a useful m/m counter and if it becomes purely a support unit we simply could let it stay T1 and als try to fix nature's autolose vs frost T1.

@YaBro0 would it not be better to nerf those cards which are clearly op? currently nature t2 consist mostly of the broken som+ep+ps combo (and later on permaheal do due to this) but has nothing aside from that. in my opinion, it would be much better to not have them autolose vs. burrowers and fix the issues with other cards in the faction. i think it is clear to everyone that we have to tone down this unhealthy combo if we ever want to rework pure nature.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic