Daily Card Discussion

Loptous

Bejingguy used them against fire, but even after their buff they weren't really strong. Probably hard to find a deckslot for them when you keep in mind that as nature S-units aren't your main problem (hurricane, windweavers-multishot). I think MAs + frostbite make them useless against frost like they are against shadow.

The-Incredible-Mo.thumb.jpg.6c6c89f0b485

Even though I never had one of these, until the very end of Battleforge, I really liked the effects on this one!

I don't know how viable on PVP this would be, but for PVE this would be great. Even though the power costs for these effects are a little high, the effect is pretty decent to say nonetheless. I especially like the Wrathful Mo part, thunderstorms are very nice. The 20% mitigation is cool and lasts until the thing is destroyed. The benevolent Mo is probably the best one though. Making all units immune to major debuffs is very game changing in PVE, because of all those pesky poisons, traps, and such.

Overall looks good, in my opinion, what do you guys think?

UPDATE: I also have taken the liberty to make this a little more clear of which card is good or bad, so I added a poll below. This will now be included with every discussion I will put. And besides I like looking at polls :P 

http://strawpoll.me/6273772

Edited by Loptous

This card is probably the most important support card against Lost Souls in rPVE speedruns. Benevolent Mo enables LSS to attack with their ranged attacks against those nasty little Lost Dragons. The 20% damage reduction is kinda nice but not really necassery. Benevolent Mo imo the best ability. I never used the Thunderstorm thingy.

Only sad thing with those effects is that it can get removed from Lost Dancers, which makes it completely useless for ground units when facing Lost Souls ( much like WoG)

This is a great card.. Oh man, I really liked this one. It wasn't meant to atack or be atacked, it was meant to support and you should therefore pretty much always have it behind your own troops (depends which affinity you are using). I used the blue affinity more because it didn't only heal but the units would also take 20% less damage. If you have stoneking units they take 35% less damage in total (15% from Adamant Skin and 20% from Crystal Fiend) and they get healed! Can't ask for much more. This is a card that can offer a lot if used correctly. 

One more thing about Incredible Mo before I come to Crystal Fiend.

@Incredible Mo 

Pretty much what Treim said. I almost played with a Bandit deck and managed to have a free slot which is why I took Incredible Mo. It's not a lot of power and not many people use him, so I think it's a great addition to any deck if you can afford the spare slot.

Having no use for Benevolent Mo I actually loved to use 20% damage reduction. It pairs extremely well with life stealing and a nice buff for low costs.

@Crystal Fiend

I refuse to vote for this card, as you need how to use this card. In unskilled hands this unit is basically useless and you can go for more "fool-proof" options in Stonekin T2. Also, Stonekin T2 in general is rather big and it's not a total must have either, so I can see why this card is seen as being weak.

However, it has really huge potential. If we treat the possible healing as ATK, it has stats of: 2080/470 and goes up to 2640/470 on U3. You won't find such a good flying unit in T2 anywhere else. Note that this unit basically has 470 health, as it always takes 15% less damage (neglecting amor buff ignoring shots which are exceptions). And to calculate the healing power you do: 260 / 2.5 * 20. Or (260 + 20 + 20 + 30) / 2.5 * 20.

Naturally, you need a critical mass of units so the paralell healing can really kick in and Stonekin is not really known for that in pvp. I did see some players getting some decent work done with this unit in pvp, but it's mostly a shaman for many small T2 units which can totally work in pve. Just think of Ghostspears, Defenders, Stone Shards etc.

And don't forget that Stonekin is very capable of dealing with the biggest threats that can attack Crystal Fiend.

If you want to make it work, I am sure there are fun ways to work your T2 around this card. I am confident that you get good results, how could you say no to a permanent, free heal unit.

If you have stoneking units they take 35% less damage in total (15% from Adamant Skin and 20% from Crystal Fiend)

I think they didn't stack, crystal fiend is still very strong, though. Nothing more annoying than manouvering your skyfire drake through armies of spirit hunters and stormsingers to get a shot at the flying disco ball of doom...

I think they didn't stack, crystal fiend is still very strong, though. Nothing more annoying than manouvering your skyfire drake through armies of spirit hunters and stormsingers to get a shot at the flying disco ball of doom...

I think so too. From what I remember there are a few notable exceptions where stack of buffs does occur, but I am pretty sure it is not the case for Crystal Fiend.

I think so too. From what I remember there are a few notable exceptions where stack of buffs does occur, but I am pretty sure it is not the case for Crystal Fiend.

Hmmm.... I guess it's time for me to test it in the Forge once and for all!

I tested it with a Construct shooting at a Grinder: Without Crystal fiend the Grinder takes 586 damage and with only 469 damage. 

Edited by Ladadoos

Lost-Reaver_shadow.thumb.jpg.488bad37e6cLost-Reaver_fire.thumb.jpg.0d7674e79e997

Hey look its everyone's favorite lost soul's card, Lost Reaver hurray!

Actually this card is not even bad. I find it more of a tank/distractor in a way due to the Tainted/Infused Mob. The upgrades seem pretty good on it as well, giving the creepers some more health, giving the reaver some more attack damage, and even -10 seconds off Tainted/Infused Mob if I read correctly. Lost Reaver also has some good synergies with Lost Dancer and Nasty Surprise. Especially with Nasty Surprise, the damage is just insane, just watch this video here

Overall pretty good in my opinion, I just find the power cost a little high, 100 would seem a little more reasonable.

Vote here!

Lost-Reaver_shadow.thumb.jpg.488bad37e6cLost-Reaver_fire.thumb.jpg.0d7674e79e997

Hey look its everyone's favorite lost soul's card, Lost Reaver hurray!

Actually this card is not even bad. I find it more of a tank/distractor in a way due to the Tainted/Infused Mob. The upgrades seem pretty good on it as well, giving the creepers some more health, giving the reaver some more attack damage, and even -10 seconds off Tainted/Infused Mob if I read correctly. Lost Reaver also has some good synergies with Lost Dancer and Nasty Surprise. Especially with Nasty Surprise, the damage is just insane, just watch this video here

Overall pretty good in my opinion, I just find the power cost a little high, 100 would seem a little more reasonable.

Vote here!

Lower power for Reaver? No way! Lost Reaver was one of the reasons LS was/is so strong in pvp and received a very well deserved nerf from 1400 atk to the 1200 atk it currently has. Being a L creature is a great benefit already and with support (life weaving / unholy power) you got some serious tanking capabilities.

It was not uncommon for LS players to have a minimal T2, composed of Darkelf Assassins, Nightcrawler, Lost Reaver and some spells so you can dominate with a super strong T3.

Thankfully, nasty Reaver bombs got drastically lowered in efficency due to the nasty nerf, but it still is a very powerful unit that is above-average at least.

The creepers are a neat ability and good to take/apply some pressure. Overall it's a unit that should not be missed in T2 and especially in pve you have very good ground presence with it.

Lower power for Reaver? No way! Lost Reaver was one of the reasons LS was/is so strong in pvp and received a very well deserved nerf from 1400 atk to the 1200 atk it currently has. Being a L creature is a great benefit already and with support (life weaving / unholy power) you got some serious tanking capabilities.

Unholy Power and Liveweaving are not very effcient spells. Easily countered by cc or disenchant. The only noteable fraction missing this is pure fire and mountaineer is way stronger against pure Fire. Mountaineer is better with unholy than Reaver because you can apply it while fireing so you get some value out of it even if you get cced. 

Since shadow frost has access to DAs the s counter function of LR is only really needed against nature splashs. Pure nature is way too strong against L units.

Fire Nature does not use s units. Shadow Nature is a matchup where Reaver comes in handy for defense. Offensive Ng+Cc is too strong in most cases.

Stonekin would have been another usecase for LR but since the stormsingerbuff the matchup should result in a spamm of that unit and a meele one does not do well here.

Reaver does not help against any splitt attacks in stonekin. Its only kinda usefull against a mixed deathball.

For the crucial matchup pure Fire mountaineer was way better. Shadow Nature DA spam situations can make him usefull. Overall not worth the slot.

I mainly played Shadow Frost for a long time. I did not play Reaver in any deck focused on winning (after the nastynerf).

@Crystal fiend , i use them in the early stages of defense so they ensure that my supporting skyelfs wont die randomly however since it includes nature chances are you've enough heals already i guess this could be a decent shaman replacer for T2 but that's it. 4/10 makes my Micro-manage life easier

@Lost reaver , Strong beater , can summon additional bodies for sacrificial ends or anything really, good stats for the right price , only downside being helpless against air units on its own.

9/10 very strong overall

Altar-of-Chaos.thumb.jpg.7d19212c9cbb2ca

Let's get out of good card territory for awhile and discuss a rather questionable card, the Altar of Chaos. Well obviously by the orb and power cost, this card is definitely made for PVE. I find it hard to use, because during this time of phrase, you would want more big scary creatures to dominate the battlefield rather than sacrificing them to this in order to obtain a rather good AOE explosion. It almost seems futile though that in Battlegrounds PVE depending on the difficulty, enemies tend to have more and faster spawn rates. This card can only pull off a temporal removal and gathering units to sacrifice to this card is so pointless. Why is it pointless? Well, I believe that having more units to go and attack is better than a 250 power cost building. Now if it actually did damage without me having to reactivate it all the time, sure why not. Unfortunately this card falls down due to it's lack of consistency, sure you can get 1500 damage off without having to sacrifice a single unit, but 1500 damage is not that much in later levels and instead requires more spell casting and large monster grouping. The only way to get it above 1500 damage is to sacrifice units to this card, but during the late phase of the game, why would you? And the damage scales with the health of the creature, so yes sacrificing some dark elves or whatever that is not a T3-T4 monster not including a Harvester, are the only option for making this card deal useful damage. The max damage is only 9000, which I seriously doubt anyone would do and after shooting off a charge, it has to reload, and it did not specify how long it has to recharge for. Also one last reminder, this card deals the damage to hostile and friendly, so yeah, it would of been like decent if it only hurt enemies, but............you know.

Give rating here!

You can use elbamer's shrine + soul splicer combo to recover some loses......

It can be glacier shell'd and kobold trick'd........

You can kill your teammates with it.....

It triggers abyssal warden and Twillight slaver ability.........

ok this card sucks , 0/10 , would rather use mass riffle cultist

Your point about sacrificing units is pretty irrelevant for this card as it requires 2 shadow orbs anyways which means you definetly have access to void manipulation and offering. It does not really matter to offer a ton of units to this card. You are also wrong about the damage. You can feed a total amount of 8000 HP to the Alar of Chaos and 300% of that will be dealt as BONUS damage to the fix maximal 9000. So a total amount of 33000 damage is possible with a single bomb. That can go up to 600% at U3, resulting in a maximal damage of 57000 ;). I never built a deck around that card( probably will when this one gets finished) and can't really judge if thats enough damage making it worth the effort.

I mainly used this card in my Lost Souls deck to feed my Lost Spirit Ships(nature) with it bombs( yes they count as a building). If i remember correctly you needed one bomb to pretty much fill one LSS almost fully. That was without feeding any units to the Altar of Chaos. Generally i build 3 ships in the beginning, the last one simply ate the Altar of Chaos.

• fiki574 locked and unlocked this topic